Goodnight n Go

VIOLET POV:

I'd slept until about 7:30pm, I woke up a few times throughout the day but always ended up drifting back off to sleep.
Nick and Jamie were over their hangovers now and so was I pretty much.

"Ay that's fookin' cheatin' yer cant do that!" Nick exclaimed from down the front of the bus.

The bus had parked now as the driver had to sleep and then would carry on driving at about 5am tomorrow.
I pulled my bunk curtain back and dragged myself out of the bed.

I headed down to the sofas at the front of the bus where the lads were. Jamie, Nick and Matt were playing Jenga and Alex was pacing on the spot talking to someone on his phone. He looked really stressed.

"Ah! You're up early!" Matt joked sarcastically as I sat down on the sofa next to him and yawned.

"Very funny Mr Helders" I mumbled with a small smile.

"Who's he talking to?" I asked the guys, gesturing to Alex who was running his hand through his hair and tugging at it.

"Fuck knows" Nick shrugged and then turned back round and hit Jamie's wrist causing Jamie to knock aload of Jenga blocks down.

"Eh yer fookin' idiot!" Jamie groaned making us all giggle at him.

I stood up and walked round to the small fridge and grabbed myself a can of lemonade. I leng against the small counter and cracked the can open and sipped as I watched Alex.

"Alreyt then fuck sake!" Alex called down the phone before ending it abruptly, he huffed and pinched his nose while shoving his phone back into his pocket.

"Hey you ok-" I asked but was cut off as Alex swiftly stormed past me knocking my shoulder back as he did so.

I knitted my brows together and watched his shrinking figure storm down the bus aisle way.
I placed my drink on the counter and followed after him.

"Alex?" I called down the back of the bus. The bathroom door was shut and Alex wasn't in his bunk so I sauntered over to the door and tapped it gently.

"Not now Violet" Alex mumbled from inside the bathroom.

I turned my head back to the guys and they were still laughing and chatting loudly.

"Alex please let me in" I said and knocked again.
Alex huffed and then the lock flicked undone, I pushed the door open and Stepped inside.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked softly, he looked miserable as fuck and his hair was all messy, his eyes all dark and laced with tiredness.

"Nothin" Alex shrugged and kept staring back at himself in the mirror, I moved and closed the door behind me, I turned my body so I faced the mirror as well and I looked at him through the reflection.

"You can tell me" I said quietly as I folded my arms loosely.

"It's none of yer business..jus...don't worry." Alex mumbled before brushing past me and exiting the bathroom.

I bit the insides of my cheeks in frustration, he was so open to me the other night and I finally thought we were okay and maybe we could get closer, guess I was fucking wrong.

I headed out of the bathroom and Alex looked at me quickly before he leant under and into his bunk. I grit my jaw and walked past him, expecting him to grab my wrist or anything but nope, nothing.

———————————————————————

"Chicago...bloody beautiful innit" Jamie said to me as we stepped off the bus outside the venue.