In the heat of the Morning

𝐀 𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬^ 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞.

VIOLETS POV:

I stood in the buzzing hall glancing around nervously, the glass of champagne freezing my fingertips and cooling the rest of my warm body.

"You okay?" Matt asked me.
I looked over my shoulder at him and sent him a small smile and nod.

"Vi." Katie called and I turned and craned my neck past Nick and Kelly to see her waving me over.

"Have you seen him?" She asked me and Jamie turned round too and listening intently to our conversation.

"Yeah...I just smiled a him a little." I said shrugging lightly.

"Who's this?" Jamie asked furrowing his brows and straightening his posture.

"I'll tell you later baby.." Katie cooed and pecked his jaw before turning back to me.

She rambled on about some stuff that her and Jamie had done recently and caught me up to speed with her life, I listened and hung onto every last word of hers to drag my mind away from the man who was stood in the same room as me. Desperate to catch my attention that I practiced so long to ignore if I ever came into a situation like this.

"I'm going to get another drink, do you want one?" I asked Katie and she shook her head lightly. I nodded and turned on my heal, weaving my way in and out of the crowded room and the odd duet of slow-dancers in the middle of the floor.

My long navy dress flowing behind me, sending a breeze up my legs, I held my head high as I liked coming across as confident.

I reached the drinks area and grabbed a bottle of champagne, taking my empty glass and re-filling it, stopping every now and then to make sure the foam didn't overflow the glass.

"Be careful love, it's gonna overflow if yer pour anymore.." That familiar deep Sheffield voice rung softly in my right ear. My bare back suddenly filled with chills and the hairs on my body rising at the feeling of him near me.

I put the bottle down and turned back to Alex who stood near me, apologetic eyes and a small innocent smile accompanied his face.

"Alex.." I sighed and tucked some hair behind my ear slowly.

"You look..." Alex started and stood back running his eyes down each fragment of my body, making me feel unease as I wasn't too sure about myself.

"...Extraordinary." Alex smirked, the amount of heat that rose up to my cheeks was enough to cook a meal.

"Thank you." I said shyly, all of a sudden feeling like some giddy little school girl again.

"You scrub up well too Mr. Turner." I said smiling at him. I watched crimson fill his cheeks and jaw as he grinned and turned his head away from my gaze.

"1 Year..." He breathed and I sighed sadly.

"I should've called." I blurted out quietly and Alex's eyes met mine again.

"I understand why yer didn't.." he said and I nodded slowly before bringing my glass of champagne to my lips and letting the liquid bubbles slither down my throat.

"Violet, I can't Stress how sorry I am.." Alex started and I bit my top lip to bite back the tears.

"I know." I butted in and stopped him.