When the sun goes down

VIOLETS POV:

As I strolled through the backstage halls, tears pricking my eyes threatening to fall at any moment, as if the slightest blink would cause the waterfall to rush down beneath my eyelids.
I'd told Tyler I didn't feel very well and he let me go back to the tour bus, I soon felt my feet fumbling to a stop before I was stood outside of Alex's dressing room.

I shouldn't have but I pushed the door open gently and stepped inside, his aroma hitting me like a tonne of bricks and that caused a tear to ripple out of my eye. I sauntered over to his dressing table chair where his leather jacket was hung up on the back of it.

I slowly clasped my hands around the collar and lifted it off the seat, bringing it up to my face and inhaling the intoxicating scent that repelled off of it; another tear rolled out of my eye.
I gently set the jacket back down and head muffled screams and cheers and Alex's voice rung out as they begun playing.

My eyes landed on a notebook that was sat on the dressing table, I reached over and grabbed it before flicking through the pages filled with scribbles and doodles. I flicked it to the front page and through my glassy eyes I read:

This book belongs to:

Alexander David Turner

My heart stung reading his name, I slowly begun plucking through the pages and re-reading each word written or trying to see the words scribbled out.

I noticed that this was the book he wrote the songs in, as I recognised the "Suck it and see" albums songs were all written in here. Just as I came to the last suck it and see song I realised there was more things written afterwards on the next few pages. I noticed the song I caught Alex singing a while back was written in here, he'd titled it "I want it all" and I glimpsed my eyes over the lyrics before turning over to the next page.

"What's been happenin' in your world?
What have you been up to?
I heard that you fell in love or near enough
I gotta tell you the truth, yeah

I wanna grab both your shoulders and shake, baby
Snap out of it
I get the feelin' I left it too late, but baby
Snap out of it
If that watch don't continue to swing
Or the fat lady fancies havin' a sing
I'll be here waitin' ever so patiently
For you to snap out of it"

My eyes scanned over each word which clearly had a powerful meaning to Alex, I sort of thought I related to this song somehow, as I'd always think about Alex then snap myself out of my day-dream.

I re-read the two verses over and over before scanning down to the next one.

"Forever isn't for everyone
Is forever for you?
It sounds like settlin' down or givin' up
But it don't sound much like you, girl"

I furrowed my brows gently and blinks profusely before turning over the next page, Alex had a very peculiar mind with his lyrics and that's what made his songs so unique, they had meaning and weren't just random rhymed words, each line would make you stop and think. That's why their music was so captivating.

The next few pages were just a bunch of scribbles and crossed out paragraphs or verses of songs. I sighed and shut the book before taking one last glance around then exiting the room.

——————————————————————

ALEXS POV:

Once we'd finished the encore we waved to the fans and jogged off the stage, as soon as I stepped into the backstage-wings I instantly glanced around the room for Violet. She can't have left completely right? Surely she should've just popped to the loo perhaps.