Break up with your girlfriend, Im bored

"Hi Thomas how are you?" I called down the phone.

"I'm good thanks Vi, listen can we talk about something?" Thomas asks.

"Yeah of course whats going on?" I ask him.

It was Monday, the guys had a show tomorrow night and then on Wednesday morning we were heading to Boston for a week, I was sat outside a Café with Katie, the lads were at a studio practicing; I hadn't spoken to Alex since Friday night when we went out, I'd seen him obviously on the bus and that but I've ignored him since then. Arielle would come see him a few times and had spoken to me recently and I actually kind of like her..

"Yeah, listen I can't come to the show tomorrow night as I have a meeting at the same time the show starts...." Thomas started and I sighed deeply.

"It's okay I'll see you another time don't worry" I reassured him as I brought my mug of coffee up to my lips.

"Okay I'm sorry...also, Violet do you like Alex?" Thomas asked and I choked my coffee all back into the cup, Katie glared over at me with wide-eyes.

"Wh..what?" I stuttered as I wiped my mouth with a napkin.

"You heard me..come on be honest" Thomas chuckled lightly.

"It's...complicated" I said quietly into the phone.

"Is that why you were so touchy with me the other night? Trying to make him jealous?" Thomas asked, I heard his tone in his voice sound like his lips were tugging into a smile.

"I'm sorry...it was so out of order on you I shouldn't have.." I said pinching the bridge of my nose and knitting my eyes shut for a moment.

"No no it's alright don't worry! You're a lovely girl and a great friend but that's all I see you as anyway, I know I did peck your lips but I was intoxicated so..." Thomas chuckled and a wave of relief washed over me.

"I'm sorry again, I shouldn't have dragged you into the mess.." I sighed.

"It's alright Vi, I had a blast anyway..Did it work?" Thomas asked and I furrowed my brows.

"Did what work?" I replied.

"Making Alex jealous?" Thomas said and I breathed an 'ohhh'.

"I'm not sure...Katie thinks it did but I don't know.." I said shrugging as if he could see me.

"Oh I'm sure he'll come around to ya..he'd be stupid not to." Thomas said and I smiled softly.

"I gotta go, My coffee will get cold otherwise, but it was nice hearing from you Thomas I'm sorry again!" I called down the phone as Thomas called back a 'Byee' as I hit end call.

"So was he mad?" Katie asked me.

"Nope, he was fine with it" I giggled and she raised her brows.

"What am I gonna do Kat?" I asked, leaning my elbows on the table either side of my coffee mug and cupping my face in my hands.

"I think I should talk to him..." I sighed defeatedly.

"No! You can't Vi, don't let him have a girlfriend and have the power of knowing your hooked on him too!" Katie exclaimed.

"I'll talk to him." Katie said nodding and I widened my eyes.

"What will you say?" I asked eagerly.

"I don't know yet, I'll figure it out then and there.." she said shrugging.

"Okay...don't blurt out too much though please" I pleaded with big puppy eyes.