NIGHTMARES!

No longer wait for sleep.

"Please vic I- I can't breathe." Bennys words fell out of his mouth slurred and mangled with blood and spit. A gaping slit in his neck spit angry red liquid at me. His eyes were wide with horror they stared into my own. I didn't say anything in return as his eyes went dull and then his body lay limp on the ground in a puddle of himself.

I enjoyed killing benny as I enjoyed killing anyone else. Getting up retrieving my weapons of choice I stand over him stairing down. His face takes on one that I know all too well. The cigarette between my fingers hits the ground as my stomach clenches.

"Kellin!? Baby w-what the fuck!?."

"Daddy how could you do this to me?" His words slurred out of his mouth choking on blood. The room began to spin and the world came crashing down on me.

"Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy." Kellin called out almost taunting me. I put both hands over my ears but it only seemed to get louder. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the bloody boy who was sprawled out on the ground calling out to me. What the fuck is happening!?

The carpet near him starts emmiting smoke into the air which quickly turns to flames. I was stuck in my spot my feet sunk into the linoleum floor like wet cement. The cement dried around my ankles. I was frozen in this sweltering room. The sound of Kellins voice rang louder and louder as the flames grew closer too him.

"Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy."
Flames over took him and still his words pierced my skin. I was on fire his chant of my name still eating on my flesh like a vulture, picking at me till there was nothing left but the sound of kellins voice.

"Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy."

"Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy!"

"Daddy wake up!"

My eyes shoot open to Kellin in his footie pajamas hovering over me.

"Daddy i maked you breakfast." Kellin giggled.

Sweat beaded on my forhead as I sat up and took a look around the room.  Letting my eyes adjust to the sunlight that shined through the window I realized that it was all just one fucked up nightmare.

"Daddy you coming?" Kellin asked from the door way.

I could tell he was little but feeling older this morning, maybe twelve years old.

"Yea baby ill be down in a minute you get started im gonna use the bathroom." I responded to him, waiting for him to leave the room before getting up myself and going into the bathroom.

I looked in ther mirror, I looked pale. I was sweating profusely, I looked sick. I dont know whats gotten in to me one moment im a killing machine the next moment it feels like my minds trying to kill me.

I rinsed my face in cold water trying to bring some of the color back to my cheeks with little to no luck I dried my face and made my way to the Kitchen where Kellin was waiting for me.

He had cereal and was eating. His legs dangled just above the floor and he kicked them as he ate.

In my spot at the table was two toaster waffles with butter and syrup, and a large cup of orange juice.

"Thank you baby." I thanked Kellin giving him a kiss on the lips before sitting down at my own breakfast. The waffles were a little burnt but nothing I couldn't handle. 

"Daddy when are we going home?"

"In three weeks. Eat up kiddo." I responded to his question. He held a face of slight disbelief.

"Whats that face for?"

"I dunno you just never answer that question. I kinda thought we'd be here forever." Kellin said taking another bite of his cereal, letting the milk run down his chin.

I let out a breathy laugh. "Of course not forever. This was just a long much needed vacation from press and friends and everyday life really. We'll be back home in no time." I reassured him before finishing the rest of my food.

I picked up all of our dishes putting them in the sink before returning to Kellin and picking him up.

I placed him on my hip and kissed his forhead. His cheeks tinted pink and he layed his head on my chest as he regressed.

I carried him upstairs for bath time. I striped him of his clothes while the water ran.
That ugly bruise still on his arm.

Bubbles rose to the top of the tub while Kellin picked out his bath toys and purple and pink bath bomb.

He chose a dinosaur and a train today he also had his blue rubber ducks Theodor and Finland.

"Wash up first and play last? Or wash last and play first?" I asked him getting out his strawberry soap, and his almond shampoo and conditioner.

"Play first!" Kellin giggled dunking his toys under the bubbles.

I watched Kellin while he played for maybe twenty minutes after watching him kill both of his rubber ducks with his toy trains, I decided play time was over.

"Alright baby lets get you all squecky clean." I said to Kelling adding soap to his wash cloth.
Sat there and let me wash him. He still splashed and played with the bubbles and he still whined when i washed his hair.

We made it through bath time. I got him all dressed and cosy for a day in.
He looked sleepy.

"Hey babyboy you sleepy? Wanna take a nap?" I asked.

Kellin lazily knodded his head. I snickered before picking him up and setting him on my hip.

What a sleepy boy we had breakfast only three hours ago.

I kissed his forehead carrying him up the stairs. Humming as we went.

Making it to the bed I noticed that he had already fallen asleep. I kissed his forehead and laid him down on the bed. He immediately cuddled up to his stuffie. 

I wasnt tired.  After last night. I didnt think that Id be tired again. Not for a long time.

I went back downstairs to find my laptop. On the counter under the stack of random papers, where it always is.

But its not there.
Kellin must have used my laptop.

Oh no.

He must have seen.

What do I do?

What can I do?

I ran upstairs to where Kellin was sleeping. With panic in my veins I stood over him and

(To be continued)