Chapter 145.2

"Hahahaha——" Yu Hao was about to go crazy from laughing. He saw Cen Yongchang and Fu Liqun get off the ferris wheel. Fu Liqun held a ticket and said, "Uncle, what ride should we take next? Let's not waste the money spent on the ticket."

Cen Yongchang said, "I'm not here to play with you, Liqun. I know you've already thought it through clearly. Is there any meaning in wasting time here?"

Fu Liqun said, "Take one more ride with me, and I'll tell you what's on my mind."

Cen Yongchang looked at his watch. He said, "I can only give you another half an hour."

Fu Liqun, "I just need three minutes!"

The roller coaster flew by with a loud rumble. Fu Liqun even chose the first row for the two of them. He hugged the bumper, Cen Yongchang had both his eyes shut tight, Fu Liqun shouted loudly with 'wahahaha', and while they took the roller coaster, he said, "Uncle! What do you want to say?!"

"Uncle! Is it fun?!"

Cen Yongchang, "......"

"I can't anymore." Yu Hao said, "I'm going to laugh myself to death because of Gege hahahahaha——"

"Uncle! Don't go!" Fu Liqun quickly said, "We won't ride anymore! Let's go drink a cup of coffee ba! I'm done playing."

Cen Yongchang was evidently infuriated, but he still tried to maintain a restrained demeanor on the surface and didn't explode in the end. Fu Liqun exhausted all means to persuade him to enter a cafe, during which he glanced at his phone and chose a booth seat with a high backrest.

Cen Shan, Yu Hao, and Chen Yekai sat behind Fu Liqun. Zhou Sheng and Ou Qihang had left to play paintball. Cen Shan looked helplessly at Yu Hao. Her lips moved to mouth the question, 'Who thought of this prank?'

Yu Hao shrugged to indicate 'it wasn't me'. He showed Cen Shan his camera. When they were on the roller coaster, he had been waiting at a spot that they had to pass by; he adjusted his camera's aperture and quickly took several shots in succession, with stills of the moment where Fu Liqun was shouting madly while Cen Yongchang had his eyes shut tight.

Cen Shan laughed so hard she sprawled on the table, and her shoulders kept convulsing.

"Talk ba." Cen Yongchang said, "I heard your business venture failed, and you're in quite a bit of debt?"

"Borrowed from a friend." Fu Liqun answered, "I'll be able to pay it back, please don't worry about it."

Cen Yongchang remained silent for a long time. Fu Liqun looked at him expectantly.

"Cen Shan went back yesterday and told me a lot about you." Cen Yongchan restrained his excessively obvious anger and said, "I already knew you four years ago. I even know that you play basketball very well...thank you."

A waiter passed Cen Yongchang a cup of water, but Cen Yongchang didn't drink and just stared at the cup.

Fu Liqun asked, "I know you don't want to marry your daughter to a boy who's good at nothing but basketball."

"Being good at basketball means that you have athletic genes, which is really good too." Cen Yongchang politely answered, "Since ancient times, men who were excellent at sports could also obtain respect. Just think about it, if you were an Olympic champion, who would oppose you two?"

"Yes." Fu Liqun said, "Saying that I play well is only in comparison to people my age. There will always be someone better; with my talent, I'm not at that level yet, and I will never get to that level."

"Being able to understand yourself with such clarity," Cen Yongchang said, "means you're already much better than Shanshan and also your peers. You're a handsome lad, I'm sure you'll become an outstanding person in the future."