Chapter 159.2

After that, this device lost a lot of energy and was buried in the sand. Even later on, humans appeared. They picked up the Golden Crow Wheel that had a very complex structure and studied it from the perspective of the ancients. More than 10,000 years passed, and Yu Hao swept past through those scenes quickly. He was afraid that he wouldn't have enough time at first, but since there was no concept of time in this place, he might as well figure things out properly first.

"Ancient Bashu people." Yu Hao said, "They found you."

"And passed the authentication of the login mechanism." Golden Crow Wheel answered in the void, "A match in frequencies was detected."

It was a young sacrifice; while he was naked from head to toe, he lay on the sacrificial altar and seemed to have taken some kind of strange medicine. He was offered an even higher seat in front of the altar. This bare device suddenly lit up, which gave all of the people who were offering up the sacrifice a huge fright.

After the light faded, the offering sat up with a dazed expression. Golden Crow Wheel said, "4,300 years ago, he became the first human to pass the authentication."

"Why?" Yu Hao asked, "How did he pass your authentication? Because he almost died?"

"Match in frequencies." Golden Crow Wheel answered, "It was activated after detecting the one who logged in."

Yu Hao, "......"

Yu Hao had a vague conjecture that perhaps this sacrificial human had inadvertently triggered the Golden Crow Wheel through his near-death experience while being sacrificed. He had once read some literature on research regarding one's spirit, at this time...is consciousness the closest form to the Golden Crow Wheel's original Creator?

"Your Creator has no physical body," Yu Hao muttered, "So humans are similar to their form in a 'soul-like state', which is why...they can pass the authentication!"

"Can't be analyzed."

Yu Hao continued watching. Ancient Bashu people carefully placed this device on a piece of gold foil with pliers, then covered it with another and began beating it, then poured an alloy solution made from copper and gold. After their forging took form, they handed it to the young priest who was supposed to be a sacrificial offering. The priest wore it on his chest.

After that, the ancient Bashu civilization flourished and the Golden Crow Wheel was handed down from generation to generation, until war broke out and the country separated into two — the Ba and Shu countries. The last priest was dragged down from his position, the Golden Crow Wheel taken away from him, then he was executed through hanging. After the war, the Golden Crow Wheel dropped while it was being transported, and the Minjiang River changed its course and washed it downstream.

Time flew by quickly, until Zhou Sheng, who was a child then, found it in the mud while swimming in a tributary channel. However, after he got the Golden Crow Wheel, he drowned because he was too weak. Yu Hao was scared witless from watching, but fortunately, Zhou Sheng was washed ashore with the Golden Crow Wheel grasped tightly in his hands still.

"This guy is always like this..." Yu Hao said, "He's too stubborn."

Golden Crow Wheel said, "This is what you wanted to know."

Yu Hao answered, "Do you have an autonomous consciousness? That is to say, apart from choosing the first user, can you...help me?"

Golden Crow Wheel answered, "Restricted by permissions."

Yu Hao pondered for a moment, then continued, "You don't want to land in Ren Chong's hands either, right?"

Golden Crow Wheel answered, "Although I call myself 'I', I do not have likes and dislikes, or the concept of morality like you humans. If the new Overseer passes the authentication of the old Overseer, there's no difference in terms of operation for 'me'."