Chapter 158.1

"I've already instructed my men to inform them," Ren Chong, "To guarantee that you're safe here with me."

Zhou Sheng insisted, "I want to make the call myself."

"No." Ren Chong said, "I don't want to fall into a trap of yours. The group of you really have too many plans, I may just end up failing miserably even if I have the upper hand now."

Zhou Sheng suddenly laughed. "You actually gave us such a good evaluation, that's not an easy accomplishment."

"If this were a usual case that I'm confident in," Ren Chong said, "I wouldn't be afraid of you. But this incident is too bizarre. In order to deal with you, I haven't been in a deep sleep for nearly a month."

"And I was wondering..." Zhou Sheng muttered, "No wonder I couldn't enter your dream."

Ren Chong was only in his fifties, but he looked older than Qin Guodong, who was in his early sixties, or one could say that Qin Guodong maintained himself better than he did. His grey hair was carefully combed back, he didn't wear glasses, had straight eyebrows, and a high nose bridge. His smile lines were very deep, and his gaze seemed to carry a constant trace of unfathomable misgivings when he looked at others.

"Get up, follow me." Ren Chong said, "Don't touch anything, and don't even think about trying to mount a sneak attack on me. My skills in self-defense aren't any worse than yours."

"Don't dare, really don't dare." Zhou Sheng got off the bed. Ren Chong's men handcuffed him with a pair of rubber handcuffs. Zhou Sheng's hands were cuffed in front of him. He followed Ren Chong out of the clinic and out of a corridor.

Zhou Sheng had seen the environment around him in Huang Ting's memories. This was Zhao Liang's underground research room, so he was now in Yanqing. Ren Chong's pace was both strong and firm as he took Zhou Sheng and two men across a corridor and into the main hall. They walked down the steps quickly along the long corridor with a metal frame. Zhou Sheng glanced at the computer in the center of the research room.

"This used to be a basement excavated for anti-aircraft warfare and protection against nuclear bombs." Ren Chong said, "Once the huge steel door falls, no one will be able to get in."

"Huge what door?" Zhou Sheng was still in the mood to joke around at such a time.

"Don't ramble about irrelevant things and try to change the subject." Ren Chong said, "Even if you have a 100 plans, after bumping into me, even you wouldn't be able to get away."

Zhou Sheng said, "You really don't have a sense of humor."

Ren Chong and Zhou Sheng went to the giant research apparatus. Zhou Sheng frowned deeply; he studied the computer set up in front of him, as well as a small groove in the middle — it was clearly meant to hold the Golden Crow Wheel.

"You're quite well prepared ma." Zhou Sheng muttered, "Have you guys known about the Golden Crow Wheel for a long time?"

"Zhao Liang remodeled it." Ren Chong took a folder that a researcher handed to him and casually flipped through it. "This apparatus is an important equipment used in Germany to analyze brain waves in order to judge and research epilepsy. It was remodeled afterward to cover the cutting-edge domain of 'EEG Interference'. Many theories were put forward, but few people believed them."

"I don't get it," Zhou Sheng said, "You don't need to explain the theories anymore. What are we going to do now?"

"You..." Ren Chong would get stumped by Zhou Sheng every time he spoke, which was something he rarely encountered after becoming a leader. He watched Zhou Sheng for a long time. Zhou Sheng walked to a chair, then sat down all calm and unruffled.