Chapter 145.1

The sun has risen, and it was a new day. The explosions of firecrackers going off could be heard outside the window. Fu Liqun, who was lying on the bed, raised one hand and placed it against his forehead as he faced the sunlight outside his bedroom window. Ou Qihang didn't have a good sleeping posture and was currently all over Fu Liqun, burying his head on his chest while both his legs were entwined around his waist. Fu Liqun turned sideways and pushed his forehead, then Ou Qihang turned over, bleary-eyed, and lay flat on his stomach.

Fu Liqun got off the bed and drew the curtains. In the distance, Mt. Qingsong was covered with a layer of snow; it glistened brightly as it reflected the brilliance of the morning sun.

A beanbag was placed facing the French windows. Fu Liqun sat down and his whole body sunk into it. On the night before the Spring Festival, he was sitting on the sofa with his arms around Cen Shan as they recounted their stories after they had bid farewell. As they looked at the starry river on a wintry night beyond the windows, they had spoken a lot.

"We haven't spoken like this in a very long time." Fu Liqun said.

Cen Shan said apologetically with sorrow, "I'm sorry."

Fu Liqun smiled and embraced Cen Shan. Cen Shan sighed again, then buried her head in front of Fu Liqun.

"Never mind." Fu Liqun said, "People who are loved need not apologize."

Cen Shan didn't know how to respond to that. Fu Liqun continued, "At the airport that day, you almost made me completely wilt away."

On the day he left Ying City, Cen Shan's story still started with other people. Fu Liqun remembered it very clearly. At that time, he was carrying a sports bag and was wearing the lucky bracelet that Yu Hao had woven for him. When he had seen Cen Shan arrive at the airport, he had thought he was dreaming. He had too many things he wanted to say, but he didn't know where to start. He had nothing left that day and was even shouldering a debt of 100,000 yuan.

"Don't you have anything you want to say?" Cen Shan frowned.

"What can I say?" Fu Liqun smiled bitterly, "Everyone only listens to the words of a victor, who would care about the mood of a loser?"

"I want to listen." Cen Shan repeated, "I want to listen, if it wasn't..."

"Your father's right," Fu Liqun looked at the howling winds outside the airport and said, "I'm just a sweet, silly person."

Cen Shan stopped talking. People came and went in Ying City's airport. Fu Liqun continued, "I still remember when we talked about breaking up two years ago, you mentioned Shijie."

They had a Shijie in junior high school who was very optimistic about their future and was three years older. She was the one who played matchmaker for Fu Liqun's and Cen Shan's first date. When they became third years, their Shijie graduated and fell in love with a classmate. That man was very poor. The two of them stayed in a rented apartment, and lived the typical 'smiling while sitting on a bicycle' life, even though their families opposed their relationship.

Shijie's life was often pitied by others. After Cen Shan's father knew about it, he often cited it as an example to Cen Shan. However, Fu Liqun had seen that guy a few times, and he was a really good guy and not just good in the sense that he was a good guy who, 'treats you well, but has no other good points'. Instead, he was an ambitious, gentle, and considerate man. To be honest, he did much better than Fu Liqun.

However, the two of them still eventually parted. After Shijie broke up, she found a husband who loved her dearly, and she became the lady boss in her husband's company. She would drink afternoon tea every day and travel around the world. The other guy left Ying City and went on to make a living in Shanghai. He became an excellent fund manager with an annual income of more than 2 million yuan.