Chapter 147.2

The next day, Yu Hao reported at his office though he did not want to work at all and just felt really tired. Lin Ze had thought that he would only return after the 15th. There were huge red spring couplets pasted in the office, and there were even plates of New Year sweets and dried fruit on the table. It was bitterly cold, and a huge Alaskan Malamute lay in the entrance hall. Lin Ze, Situ Ye and Jin Weicheng were eating snacks, drinking tea, and chatting in the office, and they were all laughing as they discussed newspapers.

Yu Hao, "......"

"Aiya!" Situ Ye said, "Why did you come in without saying anything?"

Yu Hao almost blew up. He said, "Don't you guys have interviews to do?!"

"Aren't you already done writing?" Lin Ze said, "We've been using your manuscripts these days."

During the New Year, Yu Hao had racked his brains every day to provide two short manuscripts for his department. After receiving it, Lin Ze just used Yu Hao's manuscripts and handed them in. These three people had nothing to do as they ate peanuts in the office. Yu Hao said with much grief and indignation, "Aren't you guys too much?! I worked so hard at home to write manuscripts for everyone, and yet you're just playing around here?"

Situ Ye held a red packet and motioned to Yu Hao. "What should you say? I won't give it to you anymore ah."

"Lady boss, may you have a prosperous New Year!" Yu Hao immediately said obediently and accepted the red packet. It was pretty heavy, so there should be at least a thousand inside.

Lin Ze said, "Good boy. Give this one to your husband." Then he passed another red packet to Yu Hao.

Jin Weicheng very naturally acted as if nothing had happened. He said to Yu Hao, "Your first draft was well written. I'll arrange for its publication when the editor gets here."

Thank goodness, I finally got an editor, Yu Hao thought that he didn't need to revise his manuscript over and over countless times anymore, but......he looked outside and said, "Why do we even have a dog now?"

"I'm raising it. No one's taking care of it, so I brought it over." Situ Ye said, "No one's afraid of dogs here anyway, so I'm letting it guard the door in the day. I take it back at night."

The huge Alaskan Malamute evidently ate quite well; it appeared plump and sturdy, had a shiny coat, and was currently tied up with a rope. Its broom-like tail was swaying from side to side. Yu Hao said, "You can't raise it at home anymore?"

"I came over for my duty the day before yesterday." Situ Ye said, "Ah Ze went to buy groceries and didn't walk it, and it ended up shitting in the living room..."

Yu Hao, "Stop!"

Yu Hao thought of the dog that couldn't hold back from shitting at home, then of the robot vacuum activating automatically at a set time and pushing the pile of shit and smearing it evenly all over the floor in the house, then getting baked by the indoor heating of the North...such a tragedy in the human world, and he began sympathizing with Lin Ze and Situ Ye.

Jin Weicheng said, "Recently, there have been people who have been peeking in from across the street. It's better to have a tied-up dog on guard during the day."

What? Yu Hao thought, There are? Connecting it to himself and Zhou Sheng, as well as the matter regarding the Golden Crow Wheel, he couldn't help but feel suspicious. Lin Ze and Situ Ye glanced at Yu Hao, then looked at each other, but didn't say anything.

"The silk banner has been delivered." Lin Ze motioned for Yu Hao to look at the wall.

Yu Hao was distracted. He looked at the silk banner on the wall, with the word "LIFESAVER" written on it.