Chapter 148.2

Huang Ting took his chopsticks and raised both his hands slightly, signaling his surrender. He said, "Go on."

Yu Hao shrugged and continued blanching his meat. Both of them didn't talk for a moment. Huang Ting stared at the blanched meat seriously, then looked down at his watch, and continued blanching for a few seconds.

Yu Hao, "......"

Huang Ting looked up at Yu Hao and said, "I'm someone who doesn't have a lot of friends."

"I can tell." Yu Hao answered.

"You and I, you and Zhou Sheng," Huang Ting thought for a bit and took out the meat from the hot pot. He said, "In the order of acquaintanceship, who's first and who came after?"

Yu Hao didn't expect Huang Ting to suddenly ask this. He answered, "We knew each other first. Chen Laoshi hadn't come then."

Huang Ting said, "At the gate of your college, if I remember correctly you were wearing a sports jacket. It was very cold. You carried a black backpack, and there were a lot of things in it. You had just returned after one of your major's classes, and you were holding a 'Cultivation of Ideological Morality' book in your hands."

"Yes." Yu Hao raised an eyebrow slightly and said, "You remember it very well."

The corner of Huang Ting's mouth raised. He said, "When I saw you for the first time that day, I knew that you weren't the one who stole the thing."

Yu Hao said, "Thank you."

"But due to my profession," Huang Ting answered, "I couldn't draw a conclusion straight away."

Yu Hao said, "That's okay. You sent Chen Laoshi a voice message after that, I knew you believed me."

"Oh?" Huang Ting seemed pensive, then nodded. "Oh."

"You actually weren't there to be a criminal detective, right?" Yu Hao frowned. "When you were in Ying City, what did you want to investigate? You were sent there by the central authorities?"

Huang Ting sidestepped the question, "There are many things that you wouldn't have thought about carefully at first. Sure enough, after becoming a reporter, you're slowly starting to figure it out."

Yu Hao had just asked the question casually, but right now, his heart started beating wildly. Their goal was to investigate the Golden Crow Wheel? That's not right though, it didn't match up with his and Zhou Sheng's speculation. They couldn't have known of the Golden Crow Wheel's existence that early on.

"Eat." Huang Ting said, "Don't blanch the meat for too long."

Yu Hao could roughly guess the purpose of this meal, and had to admire Huang Ting for how seasoned he was. If he looked for Yu Hao to try and get information out of him one-on-one, although Yu Hao couldn't hide everything from him completely right now, he wasn't as sweet and naïve he was back then, so he was definitely capable of messing up Huang Ting's rhythm. However, of all the things he could have done, he had invited Yu Hao over for a hot pot meal at his house. People's defenses are at their weakest when they eat. As they blanch their ingredients, their gazes shift, and they had to eat while chatting. Just a slight pause in their movements at any time would betray their inner thoughts, and he had allowed Huang Ting to accurately capture all sorts of moments of astonishment and surprise.

"Ou Weihong's case has a wide range of implications." Huang Ting said, "Of course, there are other cases of corruption. I'm relatively more familiar with Ying City, so I was sent there as they hoped that I could play the role of an informer. That's very normal."

"Un." Yu Hao said, "You gave me a scare. I thought you targeted the Golden Crow Wheel from the start."

Yu Hao didn't want to beat around the bush with him anymore and decided to first throw a bomb at Huang Ting to see how he would react.