Chapter 146.1

"The success of sis-in-law's father was like Gege's failure." Zhou Sheng suddenly said, "A lot of factors in their lives had come into play."

"Un?" Yu Hao didn't know why Zhou Sheng suddenly mentioned this. He thought about it seriously for a moment, then said, "Un...Aside from our own efforts, there are other inevitable components as well ba?"

In the past, Yu Hao would not assess Cen Yongchang and his achievements. To him, Cen Yongchang and Zhou Laichun were the same — they were both people far out of his reach, people who belonged to another world.

However, after taking up the role in the newspaper office for half a year, he gradually formed his own concept of wealth and roughly knew that many rich people didn't act as recklessly as they seemed to. Some relied on loans to maintain capital flow, while some had all their money invested within a capital chain. Once this capital chain ruptured, even for people whose assets amounted to hundreds of millions or even billions, they would go bankrupt right away.

"Uncle Cen had chosen the real estate industry, the industry at the forefront, at the right time. If it wasn't for the reform in the past decade, and that the money printed by our country had nowhere to go and could only flow toward real estate...I think...un..." As he spoke, Yu Hao shrugged, "Otherwise, he wouldn't have the right to discipline Gege ba?"

"Success would always be defined by them." Zhou Sheng said nonchalantly, "Someone must have money, status, and be able to command the wind and rain before they can be considered successful. That's what my Dad firmly believes in."

"But we can choose to not be defined by them." Yu Hao said, "It's fine as long as Gege has thought it through."

"Un." Zhou Sheng finished his hot drink and pulled Yu Hao's hand over. "It's really cold today, let's go. Go and see what that old man wants to say."

The driver took them to Mt. Yunding. At dusk, Yu Hao suddenly felt a little sleepy, so he leaned on Zhou Sheng's shoulder and slept for a while. Zhou Sheng just held Yu Hao's hand and intertwined their fingers as he looked out of the window.

Yu Hao thought that they would head to Dawn of Spring in an Empty Mountain, but unexpectedly, the car veered off onto another road and passed through the newspaper office and park. The car drove to the foot of the mountain — it stopped at the small stir-fry shop that they were most familiar with.

At night, it seemed even colder at the foot of the mountain. The sky was flooded with stars; Zhou Sheng drew aside the plastic curtain on the door, and it was much warmer inside. Zhou Laichun was sitting alone with a small hotpot atop an alcohol stove in front of him. There were six dishes on the table; lotus root, tofu, vermicelli, carp, sliced beef, and san huang chicken cubes.

"Changed to hot pot?" Zhou Sheng asked in surprise.

The boss was still the same boss. He looked outside and asked, "What do you want to add?"

Zhou Sheng, "Anything fresh will do."

"Sit ba." Zhou Laichun took a saucer and handed it to Yu Hao. Yu Hao poured soy sauce into it and added some Thai peppers, looking quite accustomed to it. He made a saucer for Zhou Sheng first before making one for himself.

Zhou Laichun, "Sesame paste with beef and mutton rolls; Chongqing hot pot must have the oil mix; pork bone broth beef balls with satay sauce, a clear boiling soup, so it has to be matched with sweet soy sauce with Thai peppers sprinkled in it."

"Un." Yu Hao casually said, "There are differences between the North and South in kitchens, hotpots, and ingredients; only foodies are the same throughout."