The Truth Unfold II

A week later Chen Xi woke up in her bed. It was night time when she woke, so Lan'er wasn't besides her. Chen Xi got up and sat on the swing outside of the Peony Palace.

Chen Xi held her hand up to the sky and said: "Big Dipper" as she traced the constellation of the Big Dipper.

"Look, this is the Big Dipper and that star ----"

"That's my voice, it's the same voice as last time." Chen Xi said to herself as she got up the swing.

Chen Xi turned around and saw a couple on the swing, to be exact she saw herself and the Emperor.

"No no no" Chen Xi said slowly and she stumbled backwards.

The Emperor was wearing the same black and gold clothing like the killer.

"There's no way. I married here, you wouldn't kill a nation that you're on good terms with!" Chen Xi yelled as she picked up a stone and threw it at the bench.

"Consort Xi?" a voice behind her said.

Chen Xi turned around and saw the Emperor facing her.

"Are you okay? I know the --" the Emperor said.

"Get away from me, don't get close to me!" Chen Xi yelled at the Emperor.

"Get her maid." the Emperor said to General Wang.

General Wang nodded his head and left the scene.

Chen Xi looked in the eyes of the Emperor and said: "Can I change the future?"

"What do you mean?" he replied.

"You killed him.." Chen Xi said, then pausing.

"Yes, that day was my fault. I didn't double check the hunting field and got you hurt. Even after the Second Prince entrusted you to me, I let down his trust."

"What are you talking about?" Chen Xi asked as she grabbed the Emperor's arm.

"Xiao Bai's dead, don't you know?"

"Wha.." Chen Xi said stammerly.

Suddenly a familiar voice called out to her: "Princess!"

Lan'er had come running towards Chen Xi and hugging her afterwards.

"I'm sorry princess." Lan'er said.

"No, it's my fault. I clearly knew the consequences and I still let it happen."

After a while, both Lan'er and Chen Xi calmed down and went back to the room.

"What was she talking about? What consequences?" the Emperor asked General Wang.

General Wang shrugged and said: "The Xi Empire seems to have a mystery that they only know."

"You go deploy some spies and send them to the Xi Empire to find some info on it."

General nodded and left.

The Emperor turned around, stared at the Peony Palace and said: "What secret are you hiding within this palace?"

He gave the palace and stare and then left to his Dragon Palace.

Inside the Peony Palace, Chen Xi sat out on a chair and said: "So Xiao Bai is dead."

"Yes. After I found you, you passed out and Xiao Bai had already passed away."

"Everything is going to come true then."

"What do you mean?"

"I found out who was Father's killer."

"Who?"

"The Emperor."

"The Emperor of the Long Empire?'

Chen Xi nodded her head and said: "Remember what I told you about the tree?"

"Yeah you saw it blossom."

"The people under the tree were me and the Emperor."

"You and the Emperor?!" Lan'er yelled in shock as she sprang out of her chair.

"Lower your voice." Chen Xi said as she gestured Lan'er back to her seat.

"I found out just before the Emperor came. I saw the faces of the couple on the swing, I thought the voice was familiar somehow and I realized it was mine. The people on the swing was me and the Emperor that means the people under the tree was also me."

"So what makes him your father's killer?"

"On the swing, he wore the same gold and black clothing as the killer. It would make sense since most people would not wear gold, only the rich would."

"I'll send a letter to your mother first thing in the morning tomorrow." Lan'er said as she got up.

"No, don't tell her just yet. I am going to uncover this mystery." Chen Xi said as she stared into Lan'er's eyes.

"How?" Lan'er asked.

"I'll get close to him." Chen Xi said with determined eyes.