Detective Duo (21)

1 Week Later

Leo abruptly heard four loud knocks at his front door, making him slightly flinch.

"Police! Open up!" A man's voice yelled out.

Leo furrowed his eyebrows, glancing around in brief confusion.

Police?

He slowly walked out of his kitchen, looking through the front door's peephole seeing two individuals at his doorstep.

Leo cautiously unlocked his door, pulling it open as he looked at them in complete incomprehension. One of the agents lightly smiled at him. She was a bit shorter than the agent next to her and her raven-colored hair was pulled back in a sleek low ponytail. Her partner had light brown hair in a faded buzz cut with piercing hazel eyes, giving off an intimidating vibe.

"Mr. Mansefield?" She asked.

"Yeah?"

"Sorry to bother you this morning, I'm Detective Myers and this is my partner Detective Collins," Leo quickly reached out to shake both of their hands. "do you mind if we ask you a few questions?"

"Uh, yeah, sure. What about?" Leo asked, still obviously so confused.

Detective Myers and Detective Collins quickly glanced at each other.

"Do you happen to know the whereabouts of Nadia Marie?" Detective Myers raised an eyebrow at him.

Leo narrowed his eyes at them, looking at the two detectives quizzically. "Uh, yeah, I guess."

Detective Collins faintly chuckled. "You guess?"

"I mean, I haven't seen her in a while sooo," He trailed off.

"Well, isn't she your girlfriend?" Detective Myers tilted her head, observing Leo intently.

Leo rubbed the base of his neck, feeling a bit awkward. "I don't really know anymore. She-she kinda cheated on me." He sheepishly admitted.

Both of the detectives looked at Leo in astonishment.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that." Detective Myers said softly.

"What'd you do about it?" Detective Collins asked.

Leo shrugged. "Nothing. I haven't talked to her since I found out."

"You know the person she cheated on you with?" Detective Myers questioned.

Leo felt his face burn in embarrassment and knew his cheeks were slowly blushing red.

"Not personally no, but he's her ex. She was spending time with him in Vegas."

Detective Myers and Collins smiled at each other.

"Now we're getting somewhere." Detective Myers beamed.

...

5 Days Later

Danny had quickly become a new suspect in Nadia's disappearance. Detective Myers and Collins found themselves in San Diego, California deciding to question family members of Danny.

Detective Collins knocked on the door of the luxurious studio apartment their search led them to. "This place is quite nice." Detective Myers whispered, glancing around.

A tall, broad-shouldered lean man who shared similar facial features to Danny answered the door. His short dark brown hair was parted in the middle; two wisps of hair fell effortlessly at both corners of his eyes.