Night of Temptation (11)

As soon as I got out of the airport, the heat hit me. It wasn't unpleasant, as Texas weather was. See, in Vegas it's hot, but there's a breeze and no hair frizzing humidity. So, it was tolerable. I caught sight of Danny and I ran to catch up with his normal, long walking strides.

"Danny!" I called out. He kept walking.

"Dammit, Danny would you please just stop?" I pleaded.

He did exactly what I said, slowly turning around to face me.

"I'm sorry, all right?" I was panting.

"No, you're not."

He turned his back to me again and continued walking to his car. "No, Danny, please." I ran over to him again, tugging his arm back. He lazily turned around. His cocky manner was beginning to reveal itself again as he waited for my sincere apology. I looked him in the eyes.

"Look, I'm sorry for acting like such a bitch okay?"

He observed my face.

My eyebrows furrowed together.

"But you can't blame me." I mumbled.

"And you ruined it, way to go." Before he could walk off again, I held on to him. "No! I'm sorry, I promise." I giggled. He lightly chuckled, and I looked up at his face, subconsciously admiring his dimples as he smiled.  I hardly noticed his hands at my waist.

That was it.

That was the moment I knew it was going to be hard not to fall for him all over again. My eyes glanced over the subtle freckles on the bridge of his nose, the birthmark above his left eyebrow, and back into his heterochromic eyes. His right hand left my waist and caressed my cheek.

"Apology accepted." He whispered.

He pulled away from me and extended out his hand for me to hold. I was hesitant at first but seeing that we had found a moment of peace I decided to accept his gesture. I slowly placed my hand in his, and he brought it up to his lips and kissed it. "Welcome to Vegas bellissima"

We walked around the parking garage in comfortable silence until we reached Danny's car. He let go of my hand to unlock the car and open the trunk. I raised my eyebrows. "This is your car?" I asked astonished. His face lit up with pride as he smiled at me, putting my suitcase in the trunk which was located in the front to my surprise. "Yep."  I admired the car as I walked over to the passenger side. An Audi R8.

"As much as I hate saying this, I like it." I smiled.

"As much as I would love to just agree with you, I'll say thank you." He grinned, getting into the car. His car was extremely clean. A shiny black exterior and a spotless interior. It was clear he took good care of his possessions.

"So, what are you doing here in Vegas?" I asked as we exited the airport. 

"Well, I didn't want to go straight home to California from Italy. So, I passed by here to have some fun."

"And I just happened to be on your schedule, right?"

He chuckled, briefly taking his eyes off the road to look at me. "Yes, you did." We stopped at a red light. "So, what's the plan Danny hmm?" I eyed him intently, and it only made him more desirable. He placed a hand under my chin, putting light pressure on my jaw with his index finger and thumb.

"That's for me to know, and you to find out."

The red light on our faces turned green and he removed his hand, focusing all his attention to the road again. "Can you at least tell me where we're going?" I pouted. "A hotel." I saw the smirk creep up onto his lips. I rolled my eyes. "Nice one smartass." He quickly looked away from the road to look at me, quietly laughing to himself. I curled my lips back trying to prevent myself from smiling.