D.G.B (10)

INTERLUDE

Danny Giovanni Brivio, of Italian descent was born in San Jose, California. Born with the defect of complete congenital heterochromia iridis. One eye was brown, while the affected one was hazel.

Danny and Nadia crossed paths attending the same college. Falling in love at 18, she was his aesthetic. He saw the stars in her eyes and wanted more. He wanted constellations, galaxies, the whole cosmos that she could offer him. She gave it all, and he equally did the same. The love they had for each other was surreal, Nadia almost thought it was too good to be true. Danny held one end of the rubber band, as she held the other at extreme lengths.

He would never let go. She thought.

And out of the blue, 3 years later his hand effortlessly let go, sending the band to pursue her at full force, lacerating her heart, leaving her with a cowardice note to alleviate her despair. Nadia hated him, but her mind said otherwise, keeping her up tossing and turning in the middle of the night, constantly checking the time. Each time she closed her eyes, Danny invaded her dreams, jolting Nadia awake, not wanting to be reminded of his absence. He was her intoxicating addiction, and the unforeseen withdrawal killed her.

How could he possibly be content knowing she was falling apart?

Nadia drowned in her own tears. A blazing fire of wrath raged inside her. And each night she extinguished her own flames and wiped her puffy red eyes, because Nadia knew, she still loved him.

Her heart couldn't bear to loathe him, and forgiveness slowly crept in. She had a sense of what could have been false hope, but she believed Danny would come back for her; and when the heartache continued to be unbearable, she was faced with what she had dreaded the most.

Nadia had to move on.

And with moving on, the hatred she had deep in her heart came to life. She began to question if she even forgave him. Soon enough, Danny became a distant memory as her life blossomed with the love provided by Leo Mansefield.

Now here he was.

A phone call three years too late. Was love his intention? Nadia did not want to care, but that question floated around in her mind. Though, her main desire was to know why.

Why did he leave her all alone?

Why did he leave when she needed him most?