It Takes One Mistake (16): Part 2

Saturday, 9:55pm, CDT

Our laughter filled the bar and I was glad I came. It helped ease the withdrawal I was feeling. They were a good distraction. I didn't drink as much as Seth and David since I had to drive myself back home. Tony didn't drink much either considering he was their designated driver.

"Tony, you might want to keep an eye out on these two." I grinned at Seth and David.

He chuckled. "No, no let them be." Tony spoke softly.

He's always been the kind-hearted, soft spoken one in our group.

"Yeah Mansefield, let us be. What's with you anyway? You always drink more than us." David smirked. His words were already beginning to slur. I laughed. "Well, unfortunately I can't do that tonight." "Why not? Is it Nadia? Is she not letting you drink a lot?" Seth asked. "Well, she does worry when I do, but that's expected right? She just cares about me." I sighed. "I gotta drive myself back home. I wanna get there safely so," I pushed my empty bottle and shot glass away from me. "That's enough for the night."

Seth and David nodded in unison. "Seems reasonable. Luckily, we have Tony to take us home." Seth patted Tony's back. Tony playfully rolled his eyes. "Don't take advantage of the favor." Seth chuckled at his remark.

Tony turned to me. "How's Nadia by the way?"

I rubbed my hand at the base of my neck. "Uh, good I guess, she's actually in Vegas right now for some workshop thing."

Before Tony could respond, David let out an outburst. "No way! Jake's out west in Vegas too. Though, it's not for any workshop, he's just there for pure fun. That son of a bitch didn't even invite us." David jokingly mumbled. We all laughed.

"It would be super weird if they ran into each other."

Seth chuckled at David's rambling. "David, shut up, you're already drunk. What are the odds of that even happening?"

...

Saturday, 7: 58pm, PDT

My heartbeat began to quicken as my panicked state intensified. I pressed my palms onto Danny's chest, attempting to push him away. "Danny get off me." I struggled to talk as my rapid, short breaths got in the way. He didn't seem to hear me and that only made my fear worsen.

"Danny, I said get off me!" I yelled, violently hitting his chest.

He immediately pulled away from me and I noticed the few stares of the people around us, probably wondering what was wrong with me. Shock and confusion was prominently expressed on Danny's face.

"What's wrong? What the hell did I do?"

"Nothing." I sighed. "Just, hold on." I stood up.

"Nadia."

I put a hand up to stop him from saying anything else.

"Danny, please just wait here." My voice trembled as I tried to hide the fear in my voice.

I knew coming to this house party was a stupid ass decision. Why did I let him convince me it was gonna be fun? Nothing good happens at house parties.

I tried to calm myself down as I approached Jacob. Our eyes met and the look on his face told me he had something smart to say. I cleared my throat. "Hey Jake." I kindly smiled, using the nickname Leo and his other friends called him. He took a sip of the beverage in his cup. "Hello, Nadia."

"What brings you here?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow. "I could ask you the same thing."

I let out a breathy laugh. "Well Jake, I asked you first so..."