Chapter 539: I Always Understand the Story

Book of Nightshade was an engrossing movie with powerful themes. At the start it looked like the grittiest of gritty police dramas, with one of the main characters starting to drift slightly off the straight and narrow path when it came to making sure that the guilty got what they deserved. It was only at the halfway point, with the death of the main detective and the promotion to protagonist of a character Adi had written off as his love interest, that the writers managed to completely grab her attention. She was on the edge of her seat, and gasped along with the half dozen other patrons in the cinema when she noticed all the supernatural horror elements that had slipped past without her noticing.

The only thing that could pull her attention away from the screen, once a plastic tray of nachos and dip was exhausted, was the beautiful young woman sitting in the seat next to her. There was more than one line in the script that could have been a double entendre, if you imagined it in the context of private jokes than only a few old friends from Juiban High School would have known. When Chief Wolcenzek said "I'll always be ready to motivate you, Heifer," Adi and Toni instantly met each other's eyes, and it was all they could do to suppress their giggles.

But the jokes died down as the film went on, and the occasional stolen glance told Adi that her friend was just as focused on the on-screen action. If she hadn't been distracted by her shrunken bladder demanding attention, Adi might not even have looked away from the screen.

Ten or fifteen minutes later, the film gave them a little breather from all the action. It would be back soon enough, they could be sure of that, and Adi couldn't wait to find out where the Shadow Lady had got to. She certainly wasn't going to run to the bathroom in the middle of the show, not when there were so many twists to keep track of in her mind. She didn't want to miss a moment. And if she admitted it to herself, it wasn't only the movie that she didn't want to miss.

A little later, she might have noticed an unfamiliar sensation, and not known what it might be. But she was watching the movie too intently, she couldn't let herself be distracted by her body. When there was a momentary break between revelations, she might have looked down. But even a hand on her knee, fingertips idly tracing shapes on her skin, wasn't enough to make her stop watching. Before long the hand moved closer, and one finger was caressing her thigh, reaching slightly under the hem of her skirt.

For a few moments that seemed to last forever, Adi thought she was in heaven. The movie would have been perfect on its own, but nothing could have delighted her more than knowing that Toni was still interested in being more than friends. It was the perfect moment, and it felt so natural. Today was the say she could say she had a girlfriend again, and she wasn't nervous at all. But then a treacherous thought strayed into her mind, making her have the faintest ghost of a second thought. Did Toni know that she was wearing a diaper? Probably not. She might have given enough time for Adi to be adult again, so that her hands could wander a little farther, before she setup this evening. And in the circumstances, Adi wasn't sure she wanted Toni to know about her protection. So she reluctantly put one hand on top of Toni's, to push it away just a little. It could have been so awkward, but there was no objection, no awkwardness. They just sat there and watched the movie together, holding their hands linked between them as if that had been the plan all along. Without thinking, Adi's fingers started to explore. She wasn't quite sure what this was; two girls massaging each other's hands, like their fingers were wrestling beetles or something, but it felt like the right thing to do, and she could only guess that Toni was enjoying the opportunity to touch just as much, even if it was in this limited way.

At some point holding hands was no longer enough. They kissed at some point, and Adi's hands found themselves exploring her girlfriend's body without ever making that decision. Toni wasn't inhibited by the public venue' in the darkness nobody could see them anyway, and certainly nobody would care. Her fingers didn't come close to Adi's diaper again, and she was glad of that, but aside from that her touch was everywhere, tender and firm. She wasn't sure who initiated the first kiss afterwards, but it had seemed like the right thing to do. The perfect moment had arrived.