Chapter 18: Hunting in Japan

3rd POV:

Izuku Midoriya was a hunter! He enjoyed bringing criminals into face justice for those that sought to harm people. He wanted people to feel safe and secure and just because he came to Japan doesn't mean that he was going to stop tracking down villains and bringing them to justice. As such, Izuku Midoriya decided to start his hero patrols in Japan after a week of being in the country. Stella and he had enjoyed their free time together but he did need to do what he was sent here for. So once Stella went to sleep Izuku decided to go out and start his search of anything that would lead him to find out who was making the creatures. Hisashi had some possible clues to who it might have been.

Hisashi had told Izuku and the president of the commission about an old doctor he worked with. Hisashi actually confessed that the doctor is older than 100 years which had surprised everyone when they learned about it. Hisashi said that the doctor had a quirk called Life Force. "This quirk is similar to the anti-aging quirk that we possess but it's a degraded version in my view. It provides a youthful appearance compared to your true age but it has a horribly negative effect. It causes the user's physical mobility to worsen which means that it was never a quirk that I wanted to take since it would hamper me in my battles all those years ago." Hisashi stated and Izuku would have to agree. From what Hisashi knew is that the doctor was involved in researching quirks and always wanted to find a way to reproduce quirks. The doctor believed that quirks would hit a singularity point one day and cause something to happen. Even Hisashi believed in the singularity point but he believed that the quirks would reset on the power level and become weaker before growing stronger again. He also believed the quirkless people were a default state of humans that were left in the event that quirks ever broke humans. This way the human race would survive if humans went too far, it's why he always respected the quirkless people due to this belief since they might be the key to keeping humans alive. 

Hisashi thought didn't think that the doctor had made a breakthrough in duplicating quirks but it appears that he may have found a way around it through a bastardized version of it. "It's a good thing he never knew about Izuku's quirk since it would have proven his theory possible. He never knew of Izuku or Inko." Hisashi had said in that meeting and Izuku was glad the man didn't know about him either since the doctor might have tried to take Izuku for experiments. Though, regardless of Izuku's personal feelings towards the doctor and his past work for his father, Izuku knew he would arrest the man since the man was a threat to the world with his experiments. 'At least I have a point of reference to start searching for...' Izuku thought as he was jumping from roof to roof during the night. As he was moving through the city he noticed someone following him. He used his crows to keep an eye on the individual and cursed when he realized who it was. 'Well... I didn't think I would run into someone from my past so soon.' Izuku thought as the person that was following him was none other than Eraserhead aka Aizawa, Shouta who was Izuku's uncle. Izuku came to stop on a roof edge and waited for Eraserhead to get close to him.

Eraserhead came on the roof and slowly walked towards Izuku. "Hello, Eraserhead," Izuku stated which caused his uncle to tense. "Oh, you know of me?" Eraserhead asked prepared to attack. "Indeed I do. You are quite a good underground hero. Apologies for disturbing your patrol routes but I am here under assignment hunting an organization down." Izuku stated and Eraserhead was confused about who this individual was. "Who are you?" He asked and Izuku chuckled. "Not a surprise you don't know me. I am a hero from America after all. I am the shadow hero: Hunter." Izuku stated as he jumped off the roof and disappeared via his shadows. Eraserhead came to the edge and saw him gone and cursed. "The shadow hero: Hunter? He sounded young though..." Aizawa stated as he decided to move on with his patrol. Izuku then came out of the shadows and watched his uncle move away. 'Well... I handled my emotions quite well for seeing him but he didn't really cause me issues. He just wasn't around for me is all.' Izuku thought as he jumped away in the opposite direction of the way his uncle went.