Chapter 5: Enter Izuku Midoriya!

3rd POV: 

Several days have passed since Izuku had arrived in America and it was now Thursday. Multiple things had happened and they had also decorated his room a bit and gotten him new clothing. Izuku had also started talking to the therapist a bit and opening up slowly. The first session was tense and Hisashi had to stay in the room since Izuku didn't really want to let go of him once they arrived. (Note: I'm BS'ing on some of the therapist shit so don't take any of it as reality!)  The therapist told Hisashi that it was a natural defense mechanism that Izuku had developed. Hisashi has presented himself as a safe home, as a protector that can wipe out any threats to Izuku so Izuku is latching onto him for anything he finds uncomfortable. It's more of how a small child of a two or three-year-old would act when they would be introduced to newer things that make them uncomfortable. They seek shelter behind their parents. Izuku is more or less doing that now as he didn't have safety growing up. Indeed, he has 'safety' during 0 to 4 but after that his safety net crumbled and now Izuku was latching onto his new one in fear that it would leave him like how his parents neglected him last time.

Hisashi was glad to have that information and could observe Izuku for any habits that would be concerning or that would show that he was acting younger than he was since he now had a safe home. The therapist said that some habits would likely show up but they would go away the longer he felt safe and Hisashi kept protecting Izuku from major threats or dealt with things like an actual parent should. So if someone tried to bully him then Hisashi should step in and solve the issue, unlike his former parents. That will work a lot of the habits out of Izuku that he would developed that makes him appear as a younger child than he actually was. 

After the first session, they agreed twice a week sessions moving forward until the therapist thought Izuku was in a good state to lower the numbers. Of course, more could be added at any time. Outside of the therapy, the clothes shopping was more enjoyable for Hisashi in Izuku's view since Hisashi was enjoying dressing Izuku up in anything and everything he could find. Moving outside of both of those things and to more important things. We come up to the court case!

Seth King, Hisashi's lawyer for almost everything called them up and informed them that the court wanted Izuku and Hisashi to both appear for the case since the court judge wanted to physically see Izuku. They were confused about why but accepted it. That is how they found themselves waiting outside of a courtroom with Seth King who was acting as the lawyer. They were soon called into the courtroom and stood with their lawyer. Izuku jumped in his father's lap since there were only two seats. The judge called for the court into order and there was an attorney representing the government and then their side since they were requesting something of the government so they had a representative there.

"Let's began. You may be wondering why I called you here Mr. Midoriya, I wanted to physically see the said child that was being claimed to ensure that they were indeed real. I also want to use my quirk on him. My quirk allows me to tell if someone is telling the truth or not but it's subjective to that individual person's knowledge. Are you willing to consent to this Izuku?" The judge asked Izuku who looked at his dad. "This is your decision Izuku. Just know I will be here if you feel uncomfortable with any of her questions okay?" Hisashi said and Izuku felt less tense after that and agreed. The judge said Izuku could stay there if he wanted to sit in the seat next to her. Izuku decided to go up to the seat.

"When did you first meet Hisashi Midoryia?" The judge asked Izuku. He looked at her and started to answer. "I first met him as far as I can remember on the beach where I had planned to sleep the night since I had just run away from my mother's and who I know now is my step-father's home. But, dad, knows me from birth since he was there the day I was born based on what he's told me." Izuku said and the judge nodded her head. "I have watched the memories that you brought to the front of your mind for the court officer. Can you tell me what your relationship is or rather was with the three children in the video? I want to confirm what was provided to me." she asked him and Izuku explained who they were. She then asked how Hisashi has treated him so far and if he was being good to him. "I don't know how to define if he was doing a 'good' really?" Izuku said and she asked for a bit of detail on that. "Well... I've only known pain and suffering so anything outside of that is really better compared to that. Dad has taken me shopping for clothing though I am sure he got far more enjoyment out of dressing me up in all different clothing." Izuku said and they could hear Hisashi chuckle under his hand. "He's also made me food when I always had to make it myself in the past. He's set with me when I didn't want to be alone for the first therapy session since I've um... I..." Izuku said as he stuttered on the last part. "Izuku it's fine if you can't say it. Do you want me to?" Hisashi asked Izuku who nodded his head. The judge looked at Hisashi in confusion. "Your honor... my son's mental health is really bad due to the treatment he's received from my hopefully soon ex-wife if you grant it. That family drove him to the point that he has started self-harming himself. He likely has a range of mental issues that we will be dealing with as we discover them with the therapist but self-harm is currently known and self-confidence issues as well." Hisashi said and the judge's eyes darkened a bit at what she heard. She asked Izuku if he was comfortable with showing his wrists and he showed her and she confirmed what she saw and made her notes. "Thank you, sweetie." She said to Izuku who had a bright smile on for being thanked. The judge made more notes for a few minutes.