Chapter 5: Worrying

Dean laid in bed with Castiel next to him also asleep. It had been months since Castiel had exhausted himself after trying to exercise a demon that had it's own physical form outside of Hell. Castiel had been acting different, he seemed a little more human in a way. He was quite loving with Dean which wasn't completely unusual but this was definitely a new way for Castiel to show his affection towards Dean. Dean didn't mind the extra affection as long as Castiel didn't become clingy. Castiel laid next to Dean fast asleep and Dean was suprisingly awake. Dean hadn't slept a wink in a few days because he had been driving and didn't let Sam even touch the wheel, no one really knew why. Dean was keeping himself up for days then the moment he finally let himself rest he tossed and turned all night, not getting a wink of sleep. He sat up frustrated, holding his head in his hands. He sighed knowing he wouldn't get any sleep so he went and opened Sam's computer hoping he could find something to do with the time he had. He searched up a few things but nothing seemed to keep his attention very long, eventually he put the laptop away and turned on the TV. Again no channel kept him entertained very long, now he started to get really frustrated he turned off the TV, took two deep breathes to try and calm himself down but it did not, he violently tossed the TV remote at wall. The remote fell apart when it made contact with the wall, but it had broken into 4 parts that are easily fixable, the remote itself, 2 batteries, and the back to the remote. Dean sat down on the edge of the bed and felt like he wanted to scream or cry but his mind couldn't make up on either. Suddenly he felt a warm hand on his. "Dean? Are you alright?" Asked Castiel as he sat next to Dean.
"Yeah I'm fine just couldn't sleep." Lied Dean because sure he couldn't sleep but he definitely was not alright, there was a thought that kept him awake that he definitely couldn't share with Castiel or his brother.
"Dean don't lie to me." Said Castiel as he stared into Dean's eyes.
"I wasn't lying Cas I really can't sleep." Growled Dean as he couldn't look at Castiel with out feeling idiotic for trying to lie to him.
"But you're not fine, there's something bothering you, something important." Said Castiel as he trailed his hand up Dean's arm. Dean felt goosebumps as Castiel did this.
"What are you a mind reader now Cas?!" He shouted as he lunged away from Castiel's touch.
"In a way yes, but that's not the point Dean. I don't want to have to force you to tell me the truth." Said Castiel as he didn't move and just stared at Dean. They were both silent for a while then Castiel sighed. "Fine have it your way." Said Castiel as Dean had a tear rolled down his cheek.
"I'm worried about you Cas! You're getting weaker by the day and I can't stop it!" Said Dean as he tried to hold back the flood of tears wanting to escape.
"And why does this concern you?" Asked Castiel as Dean glared at him.
"OF COURSE IT CONCERNS ME YOU SON OF A BITCH! How can you ask that after the way you've been acting! You've been all over me for weeks and now you say that when you're basically dying AND I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CONCERNED!" Shouted Dean as he no longer felt the need to cry, all he wanted to do was pop Castiel in the mouth.
"Dean I'm not dying." Said Castiel as he stood and wanted to comfort Dean but was unsure how because he didn't understand why Dean was so upset with him.
"Oh really then what the hell is happening to you?!" Demanded Dean as Castiel took a moment to think about that.
"I'm unsure but I know I'm slowly getting better." Said Castiel as Dean looked over at where Sam should've have been asleep and sighed.
"Where the hell did he go?" Groaned Dean as he dug his cell phone out of his jacket pocket. He called Sam and picked up almost immediately. "Sam where the hell are you?" Asked Dean in a grouchy tone.
"Jeez Dean, wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I'm literally across the street, there was a diner so I thought I'd get some coffee." Said Sam as Dean sighed.
"Alright get back soon." Said Dean as he hung up. Dean sat on the edge of the bed next to Castiel.
"Dean there's no reason for you to worry about me, I'm fine." Said Castiel as he held Dean's hand.
"I hate you." Muttered Dean as Castiel laid his head on Dean's shoulder.
"That's another lie, now please come back to bed." Requested Castiel as Dean squeezed the angel's hand.
"Fine." Said Dean as he went and laid in bed, Castiel laid next to him with his head on Dean's chest.
"I love you, Dean." Mumbled Castiel as he felt Dean kiss the top of his head.
"Love you too Cas." Said Dean as he closed his eyes and fell asleep.