"Thank You" (Sorayuki/Sora x Yuki Maeda)

(Warning: spoilers for the whole game and the ending!)

Sora and Utsuro really had nothing to do today. The stolen copy of the Neo World Program was now empty and blank, only a white floor and sky, the latter having grey numbers float around in it. They had a feeling that Rei was managing the outside now, seeing as they occasionally found books, games, paper, and the like being teleported in.

As Utsuro read a book and Sora drew with the paper, they were both sitting on the collapsed body of the wizard they were with, who wasn't able to die from his multiple gunshot wounds thanks to being an Alter Ego.

"Hm, what part are you at?" Sora asked, looking over the ginger's shoulder. "I don't think I've read that before. Akane wasn't able to read, so I don't have any of her memories of it."

"Lucy just died. But you already know that she's going to die, so it's not that big of a spoiler." Utsuro sighed, continuing his reading. Below him, Mikado groaned from pain, but Utsuro rested his free hand on the wizard's head and played with his hair. "Stay quiet. Be good." He ordered him like a dog, and Mikado obeyed.

Suddenly, the sound of someone entering the virtual world got their attentions. Sora turned to see her first friend standing in the world with them. "Yuki...?" She gasped. 

"Hey, Sora. How have you been?" The ginger asked, trying not to cry. "It's been a while, hasn't it...?"

Sora got off of Mikado and walked over to Yuki, pulling him into a hug. "I've missed you, I hope you're living okay with my body...and Utsuro's luck." She murmured.

"Um, I'm actually here to pass on a message." Yuki drew back with watery eyes. "Rei's going to reboot the program so that you guys won't be living in a blank space anymore. I'm going to log out before she does, but when it's all installed again, I'm going to be staying for a while."

"I'm so glad to hear that..." The albino replied. "Will Monocrow be revived? Surely his backup data will along with the program..."

"Probably, but I'm not sure..." After a few seconds of silence, Yuki and Sora quickly moved to hug each other again, holding on to each other tightly. "Thank you...for everything." He cried

Meanwhile, Utsuro was watching this from his spot on Mikado. "At least Sora has someone who loves and comforts her..." He sighed. The wizard whimpered underneath him, and the other boy rolled his eyes. "Be quiet."

Art credit: pipipyoco on twitter