Serenade (Kanaroha/Kanade Otonokoji x Iroha Nijiue)

It wasn't uncommon that, after finishing a difficult painting or running around all day with her friends, Iroha would go to her girlfriend to rest on.

Kanade loved it when Iroha would come and fall asleep on her, feeling flattered that a cowardly soul like her painter girlfriend would trust her enough with her unconscious self. Kanade knew that she could be scary to Iroha at times, but she was always happy to coddle the sleepy painter and let her nap on top of her.

As Kanade sat up in her girlfriend's bed, Iroha was slowly drifting off to sleep, curled up on the guitarist's legs and stomach. Kanade looked down at her with a blushing face, resisting the urge to drool and obsess over her. But she knew that if she did that, she would wake Iroha up.

Instead, she began to sing a soft lullaby. "Wise men say, only fools rush in~" She gently began to stroke Iroha's head, feeling the painter melt a little under her touch. "But I can't help falling in love with you~"

"Fuehhh..." Iroha sighed, nuzzling herself into Kanade's stomach and pressing herself onto Kanade's legs, unknowingly making sure that the guitarist wouldn't leave. Even if her legs weren't trapped, Kanade wasn't going to be leaving her anytime soon.

"Shall I stay? Would it be a sin if I can't help falling in love with you~" As she sang, her heightened analytical abilities could pick up how the breathing of her girlfriend began to even out. Kanade always loved that part, where the painter would finally sleep in her embrace or on top of her.

Even as Iroha slept, Kanade continued to pet her and sing. "Like a river flows sure to the sea, darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be~" Kanade knew very well that she could sing better than Hibiki and could've claimed that as her Ultimate title, but she stepped down in favour of becoming a guitarist. With Iroha, she could show the true worth of her abilities, whether to help her or just to impress.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too~" The feeling of taking care of Iroha like this was almost like taking care of a small, precious animal. Kanade knew that both were fragile and needing to be watched so that they didn't break. As she continued to watch her sleeping girlfriend, she was happy to be given this task. "For I can't help falling in love with you~"

Art credit: dannatherjelly on twitter