Late Night (IRL Sanniuri/IRL Mikado Sannoji x Nikei Yomiuri)

(Warnings: spoilers for chapter 0 of sdra2!)

When Nikei got up in the middle of the night to get a snack, he didn't expect the space beside him in his bed to be empty. Neither was he expecting the downstairs light to be on when he went to get his food. The journalist sighed, knowing that there was only one explanation for this.

He rounded the corner and went into the living room, where he saw his husband sitting on the couch and typing at his laptop. He had bags under his eyes and his typing was slow compared to normal. Sometimes, he would make an error in his typing, and he would go back and correct that mistake before continuing on, sometimes in the middle of the program.

The journalist walked up behind him and was surprised that the hacker didn't hear him or see his reflection in the computer screen. He tapped the black-haired man on the shoulder, and just as he expected, Mikado jumped a foot before turning around with wide eyes.

"N-Nikei?! What are you doing up?!" He exclaimed, starting to shake from the exhaustion getting to him.

"I'd ask you the same thing, idiot." Nikei replied flatly. "Has it not occurred to you that you're making mistakes in your coding because you're tired?"

"Pot, meet kettle." Mikado replied before turning around and picking up where he left off at his computer. "You should probably get some food and head upstairs. I'll join you soon." The hacker promised.

His journalist husband was not amused in the slightest.

Later, he began walking up the stairs to their shared room. "I told you this over and over, Mikado. You can't keep pulling all-nighters." Nikei scolded.

Slung over the journalist's shoulder was an exhausted but still struggling hacker. "I know, but-"

"No buts." Nikei interrupted with a firm tone. "You need sleep, and I need cuddles. We're going to bed." He internally cursed himself for starting to sound like Hajime.

"N-Nikeeeei..." Mikado whined before finally giving up and relaxing in Nikei's arms.

The two of them finally reached their room, and Nikei threw Mikado onto the bed. He then turned around and locked the door before joining him. "Ah, wait." Nikei plucked the glasses off the hacker's face and put them on the bedside table. "You gotta remember to take them off you know...eh? Mikado? Mikado? Oh, goddammit..."

The black-haired man had already fallen asleep next to him. Nikei sighed and pulled the covers over them. After all, there were worse things that could happen. At least this wasn't like the time he found a sleep-deprived Mikado wandering up and down the streets confused and scared. Thank god for that.

With a sigh and a self-reminder to talk to Mikado about this in the morning, Nikei nestled himself into Mikado's arms and went to sleep.

Art credit: mikwithnokado on instagram