Deadly Trap

Preston's POV:
Someone opens the window. It's...THE TINY CHILD! ITS HER! Brianna comes after her.
The kid points a gun towards Nathan. "Kiss my mother or I will shoot!" she threatens.
It becomes tense in the room. I get up to do as she says. The little girl shoves me away. "Wait, I already made my mind up..." she grins. She loads the gun and pulls the trigger. I jump in front and take the bullet for Nathan. I thud to the floor, heavily bleeding. "PRESTON!" Nathan cries. The child leaves without a trace.
Nathan's POV:
Brianna goes to hug me. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" I yell. She backs away. "THIS WOULDN'T OF HAPPENED OF YOUR PSYCHO KID SHOT MY BOYFRIEND!"
"I-I'm sorry..." Brianna says. Tears fall from her blue, tearing eyes. "I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, BRI! YOU CAN'T UNDO THIS HORRID MURDER! GET OUT MY SIGHT! GO KILL SOMEONE ELSE WITH THAT DEVIL CHILD OF YOURS!"
Brianna runs out the room in tears.

2 days later...

Preston's POV:
I open my eyes. I see Nathan sitting at the end of my hospital bed. He's on FaceTime with James. I pretend to be dead so I can listen to what he's saying. I could tell Nathan has been crying because I can hear his voice cracking from crying lots.
"Yeah and then he sacrificed his life for me..." he says, crying. I smile slightly. "I just..love him honestly. Like who would've thought that my own best friend would turn into my lover and save me from being shot!" I fully smile when I hear that. I sneak up behind him and watch their conversation. "Nathan...🥺" James says. Nathan blushes. "You heard nothing..." he says, turning red. I whispered in his ear, "I heard everything, Nathaniel." His eyes widened. He looks behind him to me, smiling uncontrollably. I look into his deep blue eyes and hugged him. He drops his phone in shock. "P-Preston?!..." he says. "It's me..." I say. We both start crying of happiness. "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Nathan says, smiling. "I love you too, Nate. I always will, my froggy."