Chapter 38

Chapter 38 The Worst

August POV

After all the shit that went down months ago we all went our separate ways. After Victoria's funeral everything just got worse. Nobody was really rocking with each other anymore. Even Donte and I stopped being cool.

I rolled my eyes as I woke up to my phone ringing. My notifications were blowing up and I didn't understand why. I answered the phone to my cousin telling me Mel got shot. I instantly got up rethinking my life completely.

Malaysia POV

I stared at the gun as I took a deep breath.

"Where are we gonna hide all of this shit?" I asked

"We can't tell anybody about this" Sydney stated as I agreed

"I'm sorry" Cheyenne apologized as I rolled my eyes. She was already starting her freshman year off wrong.

"You lucky I don't have the time to beat your ass right now" I threaten as I rolled my eyes again.

Sydney and I recently walked in on Cheyenne and her friends playing Russian Roulette.

"Cheyenne this is serious. You could've died" Sydney stated

"It's not like the gun was loaded" Cheyenne defended as I shook my head

"And how would you know that? If your friends are convincing you to play games like that then you need to find new friends" I advised

"I'm just trying to fit in" she admitted as I took a deep breath

"No you don't. This is your first year of high school and trust me if you keep going down the path you're headed. Shit is only going to get harder. Last year was my worst year. You wanna know why? It's because I tried to fit in and guess what happened. I started doing shit I swore I would never do and I regret now. Don't be like me Cheyenne you're better than that." I admitted as she looked down. It was finally my senior year and the last thing I needed was for my life to get more fucked up. I literally have no friends now just acquaintances. Aaliyah and I don't acknowledge each other and Donte wants nothing to do with me. I'm not going to lie and say I don't miss them because they were the only friends I honestly had besides Victoria.

I turned on the news as I listened to them explain the story of a 24 year old male being murdered earlier this morning. I looked again and noticed it was one of August's brothers.

I stared at my phone as I thought about going to the funeral. I guess that's the least I could do after all the shit that went down months ago. I remembered Victoria's funeral and how it turned into an argument as they buried her next to Tyree.

August POV 3 days later

I fixed my tie as a tear rolled down my cheek. You would think today I would be happy since it's my eighteenth birthday but it's Mel's funeral and I'm an emotional mess. I'm still trying to find his killer and word on the street is that Mark wants to talk to me. I wasn't in the mood for bullshit but a nigga was prepared for anything. Especially after that big ass argument happened at Victoria's funeral.

After the funeral I walked away to get some time to myself. Soon I felt a tap on my shoulder. I quickly turned around revealing Malaysia.

"Why are you here?" I asked quickly raising an eyebrow

"Well the least I could do is give you some support. So I decided to come. I'm sorry about your brother oh and happy birthday." She stated as I sighed pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you I appreciate it" I thanked as the sounds of bullets filled the air.

"Who the fuck does a drive by at a funeral? That's so fucking disrespectful."

"I think you already know who" she stated as I eyed her carefully

"You set this shit up?"

"Hell no. I haven't seen Mark since Victoria's funeral." She defended as I saw the sincerity in her eyes

"Well fuck it. He wanted to talk to me. Well here I am. He fucked with the wrong motherfucker today. Then it's my birthday too. Oh fuck no"

"August calm down" she begged but I was too pissed off. It was over now. By the end of the day imma do some shit I won't regret.

Malaysia POV

After a failed attempt to calm August down I decided to let it go and go home. As I walked to my car someone ran up behind me covering my mouth and dragging me into a car.

I sighed as I realized who it was and that I was about to regret everything that was next to happen. Why am I always dragged into this shit?

The sequel is called Revenge Ain't Enough and the sequel cover is in the multimedia. Do y'all like it?

Only two more intensive chapters left.

Sorry that this chapter was boring and short.

1. What do you think August is about to do?

2. How do you feel about the current situations of the characters life now?

3. How do you feel about Mark?