Chapter 39

Which cover should be the cover of this book A, B, C, or the original cover?

Add Revenge Ain't Enough to your library. It's the sequel to The Worst.

Chapter 39 The Worst

August POV

I adjusted the gun on my hip as I took a long drag from my blunt before putting it out. Tonight was going to be the night that changed my life forever. I was prepared. I stepped out of my car before walking up and kicking in the front door.

As soon as it opened Malaysia and Donte were revealed arguing tied up again.

"Where he at?" I asked not in the mood for bullshit

"You looking for me?" Mark asked revealing himself and walking up to me

"Yeah nigga. I'm looking for your punk ass" I asked as he slightly chucked

"I've been waiting on this moment"

"To die?" I asked as he smirked

"You think you could really kill me August" he asked trying to make me intimidated of him.

"Don't try me. You already know why I'm here"

"And why is that birthday boy?" He asked putting his finger on my chest

"Don't touch me but did you kill Mel?" I asked smacking his hand away.

"Nah but I could've and there ain't a damn thing you could do about it"

"Don't try me" I threaten

"That's why I shot up the funeral" he admitted nonchalantly

"So you just disrespected my family like that"

"Fuck your family. Fuck you" he dissed before I threw a punch

Malaysia POV

After Mark kidnapped me he tied me up next to Donte. I struggled to untangle the rope around my hands. I looked over and Donte already had removed one hand.

"Can you help me get out?" I asked patiently as he scoffed

"You tried to kill me remember" he stated as I sighed.

"I already explained that situation to you. So you ain't gonna help me?" I asked as he rolled his eyes

"Nah fuck you." He retorted as he walked over to August and Mark.

"How did you get out?" Mark asked

"Sit your gay ass down" August retorted as Donte rolled his eyes

"August I'm not going to deal with you today" Donte calmly spoke

"You know what both of y'all can catch a bullet right now. Fuck with me" August threaten pulling out his gun

"No stop. Put the gun away" I demanded as he aimed it at me

"Sit your ass down" he commanded as I fidgeted around with the rope tied around my hand.

"Go ahead play boy. If you're a real man shoot me" Mark tempted as August cocked the gun.

I finally got free and I knew I had to stop this.

I ran over to August tackling him before he could shoot the gun causing Mark to pick it up.

"Malaysia what the fuck?" August asked looking at me angry

"Shooting him is only going to make problems worse. Not better." I admitted as Donte picked me up off him.

I had a bad feeling about this whole thing and if August would've shot that gun things would only get worse.

"Sit your adolescent ass down" Mark demanded aiming the gun at me.

"Listen y'all need to stop this" I begged

"Shut the fuck up. This is an argument between two grown ass men. You and Donte need to sit your young asses down and worry about school." Mark retorted

"You still a little bitch" Donte snapped as Mark walked up to him punching him. Before I knew it Donte punched back and an all out brawl began when August jumped in. I looked again and Mark was on the ground. Something about this whole situation wasn't right. Usually Mark would fight back but now he was playing the victim. Then I heard police sirens get closer to the house. Mark set us all up.

"You set me up?" August asked as Mark smirked

"Yeah. You dumb motherfucker." Mark retorted before throwing the gun back in August's hands.

I knew the police were going to walk in and arrest us all soon so l took a deep breath. I closed my eyes as I thought of a way to get out of this. There was only one thing in mind and I knew what I was about to do next was going to be risky and later I'll regret it.

Thank y'all for reading this. The next chapter is the last but don't worry I have the description for the sequel already. Add Revenge Ain't Enough to your library.

1. What do you think Malaysia is about to do?

2. How do you feel about August's decision to confront Mark?

3. What are some things y'all look forward to in the sequel?