Chapter 2

Chapter 2 The Worst

August's POV

After she gave me her code I typed my number into her contacts and added myself in without my name to be mysterious.

"You got a lot of unread messages." I stated

"Yeah I know I need to check them" she stated as I looked through her contacts to see if we knew the same people. I came across Donte and asked her about him.

"So you know Donte?" I asked as she agreed

"Of course. That's my best friend. Do you know him?" She asked

"Something like that" I admitted as she lifted an eyebrow before looking back at my phone.

Malaysia's POV

I'm not really sure what that meant but I decided to shrug it off. I looked back at his phone and saw that his lock and home screen had Aaliyah on it. I wonder why she's on there.

I started going through his pictures only to find more and more of him and Aaliyah. How does he know Aaliyah? I questioned as I was distracted again by August talking to me

"This picture is sexy"

I looked at my phone and seen that it was a picture of me in a bra revealing my belly button ring that my mom doesn't know about. I snatched my phone from his hand.

"Umm yeah" I said embarrassed

He took his phone from my lap laughing and the bell rung.

I got up and walked to my locker with Victoria.

"Girl you like him don't you"

"Who" I asked already knowing who Victoria was talking about

"You know who I'm talking about. First you walk out the class sashaying hard just so you could get his attention in this tight ass outfit. How did your mom let you out the house with that on? You need a whoopin"

"She doesn't know I'm wearing it and besides I barely know him. I don't even know his name." I admitted

I grabbed my math book and walked to class with Victoria. I walked in and I saw "him" again.

"You stalking me or something?" he asked as I walked up to him.

"I should be asking you that." I stated blushing

"You know I never got your name"

Right when I was about to say my name Aaliyah walked right in and pushed me to the side kissing him on the lips.

"My bad girl I'm sorry" she said looking at me rolling her eyes between Victoria and I then kissing "him" again.

"Quite some friend" Victoria whispered to me as she took her seat.

He was looking at me while he was kissing her. It all started to make sense now. The way he got quiet when Aaliyah walked in class. All the pictures he had of him and her, and his passcode. 0403 nah I doubt they've been together that long. I don't even remember seeing him last year. I swallowed hard as the words tasted bitter on my tongue.

"That's his girlfriend" I mumbled

"Yep that means you gotta fall back" Victoria said watching them lip lock

"Hell no I refuse" I declared

"Not too long ago you said you didn't want him. Why you want him anyway? That's just gonna start problems with your so called best friend Aaliyah. I can guarantee you he ain't loyal."