Chapter 44 - Brainstorming

Do you guys like reading stories where it follows the show/movie? I personally do, I feel like I'm part of the story lol. Let me know how you feel about it!

—————————————————————————————-

I go into the main room of the compound where the machine was built, Clint was doing a test run.

I go up next to Rhodey and hug his side. "Hey buddy." I smile.
He rubs my back and looks towards Clint nervously.

He suddenly disappears and suddenly reappears in five seconds.
Nat runs up and helps him up, I smile as he brings back a baseball glove.

Later on we all gather in the conference room, pictures of the sones were displayed in front of us.

"Okay, so the "how" works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." Steve says.

"Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." I say, nudging Steve, making him smile.

"I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott says.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce nods.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in." Tony says, looking around at us.

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint smiles at me.

Tony nods, "Correct."

We all sit down, we'll all of us except for Thor, who was already sitting. "Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asks, making us all turn around.

Thor was sitting on a chair with his sunglasses on. It is impossible to tell whether he is awake or asleep. "Is he asleep?" I ask.

"No, I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodey says next to me.

Thor jumps up a and scared us, walking to the front. "Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..." He wiggles his fingers to imitate a spooky ghost. "Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane," An image of Jane Foster pops up on the screen. "Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead. "Thor starts to look broken, and seems on the verge of tears. "and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever." Tony gets up and starts to push him back to his chair. "I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence."

"Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?" I ask, getting annoyed.

"I'd like a Bloody Mary, thank you." Thor smiles.

—————————-

I had ordered some takeout for the team so we all were sitting around a large table and eating, Rocket was walking on top of it. "Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag."

"Is that a person?" Scott asks.

"Morag's a planet. Quill was a person." Rocket says annoyed,

"A planet? Like in outer space?" Scott's eyes widen.

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything. Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll get you to space." Rocket pets his head, making us all laugh.

I look over to Tony and slide my hand on his leg, making him look at me. I wiggle my eyebrows and get up, "I have to use the bathroom I'll be back." I smile.

As I walk out I look back at Tony, who has his eyes wide. I wait a couple minutes before Tony comes speed walking out, almost knocking into me. I grab onto his hand and pull him with me through the compound, I settle on a closet and slam the door behind him. "Out of all rooms, you picked a closet?" Tony laughs.

I link my arms around his neck and smile, "I just needed a break."

"Really? What kind of break?" Tony smirks and leans down to kiss me. I smile as his hands start to trail down my sides.

"Not that kind of break." I pull away and rest my hands against his chest. "Can you just...hold me?" I whisper.

"Y-Yeah, of course honey." He smiles and pulls me closer. I sigh as I rest my head against his chest, we slowly start to sway.

"I love you." I whisper, tears in my eyes.

"Honey what's wrong?" Tony whispers, rubbing my back.

"I'm just scared...." I whisper. "I can't loose anyone...especially not you." I suck in a deep breath, and quickly wipe my eyes.

"Hey...it's gonna be okay. We are gonna fix everything." Tony hushes me.

Before I can say anything else I jump back as there was a loud knock at the door. "Hey love birds! Come on, we don't need another little Morgan running around right now!" Bruce yells.

"Shit." Tony rolls his eyes. He looks down at me and smiles. I lean up and kiss him again, as I start to walk out the door he slaps my ass.

I giggle as he takes my hand, walking us back to the group. I feel like we are teenagers, it was exciting.

The next day was exhausting, we were still trying to figure out times. We were all exhausted from the long nights, Tony was laying on a table with me between his legs, laying my head on his stomach. Nat was next to me, and Bruce was on the floor.

"That Time Stone guy..." Nat starts.

"Doctor Strange." I say.

"Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?"

"Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat." Tony says, making me smack his leg.

"Nice place in the village, though." Bruce adds.

"Yeah. Sullivan Street." Tony says.

"Hmm... Bleecker." I correct him.

"Wait, he lived in New York?" Nat asks.

"No. He lived in Toronto. Were you even paying attention?" I look over at her with my arms out, this makes Tony laugh.

"Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York." Nat sits up.

"Shut the front door." We all jump up, Bruce being the first to say something.

We all run into the conference room and display the stones with the times. The soul and power stones are in 2014, the reality stone in 2013 in Asgard. The space, mind, and Time stones are in New York in 2012.

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot." Steve says.

I look over at Tony nervously. We were really gonna do this.