Chapter 36 - Morning Run

I sat in the far corner of our bedroom around five in the morning, I held my head in my hands as I looked over to see Tony was still sleeping. I've been up half the night thinking about Steve. I had the urge to pick up the flip phone and call him, I wouldn't tell Tony but I forgave Steve.

I also forgave Bucky.

I had read into his files and found out what Hydra really did to him. It took me half the year just to forgive him, but I now realize that wasn't him. I knew that if I was still captured that they would of done the same to me.

I missed the team. I missed my talks with Steve. I definitely missed Nat.

I suck in a deep breath and got off of my chair and walked into the bathroom. Today I was making Tony go on a run with me, we've been "trying" to be more healthier lately.

I quietly shut the door and leaned onto the counter, staring at myself in the mirror. I was only wearing one of Tony's T-shirts and my panties. I looked down at my leg at the spot where it had been broken.

Even though my wounds heal, I was left with a long scar on my leg. From when Steve had thrown me, and broken my leg. I run my finger across the long scar, it was very strange. All the other scars I have gotten were completely healed, with no mark. I believe it had something to do with me being heartbroken, it's weird but there's no other explanation.

I push away the thought and wash my face. I take the time to really take care of myself, I had been neglecting it for a long time. After brushing my teeth, I then put on a small amount of makeup since we were running, but I've noticed I don't really sweat anymore anyway.

I smile to myself as I stare again in the mirror. I hadn't been taking care of myself lately, it was time to change. "Today will be a good day." I smile to myself. When I open the bathroom door, I see Tony is already up, his hair was sticking up everywhere. He walks up to me and kisses me tiredly, I mess with his hair and laugh as he groans when he enters the bathroom.

I go into our closet and find a pair of leggings and a thin jacket, putting my sports bra on underneath. Tony and I again switch places, he comes in and I go out. I sit down and lace up my shoes, then returning to the bathroom. I tie up my hair, then smoothing out the fabric on my leggings. I look in the mirror to notice Tony waiting for me in the doorway.

"So we are matching now?" I laugh as we were wearing the same colors.

"Of course." He smiles and takes my hand.

Together we walk out of the compound and into the busy streets of New York. It was only seven, but everyone was out and going to work.

I stop and stretch my legs, I look behind me as I bend over to see Tony staring at my ass with a grin on his face. "Ready?" I yell out, causing him to jump.

"W-Yeah!" He claps and cracks his neck.

"I'll race you, across that bridge and all the way to that park." I point.

"I'm going to win." Tony smirks.

"Yeah right." I laugh. We both nod at each other and take off running. I don't run as fast, trying to let Tony think he's going to win.

As we make it over the bridge I suck in a sharp breath and start sprinting. As I pass Tony, he looks at me in shock. I wave him goodbye as I pass a corner, I could hear him huffing behind me in frustration.

I start to slow down to a light jog as he catches up. "Alright you win......I actually need to tell you something." He says as he catches his breath. "I had this really strange dream last night and it felt so real..." at this point I completely lost Tony because he was rambling. I had no idea what he said after "so real."

"Hold on, slow down. Your rambling." I laugh as I stop to stretch my legs again.

"Look, you know how you're having a dream, and in the dream you gotta pee?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"Okay, and then you're like, 'Oh my god, there's no bathroom, what am I gonna do?', 'Oh! Someone's watching,' ''m gonna go in my pants.'"

"Right. And then you wake up, and in real life you actually have to pee." I look up at him.

"Yes."

"Yeah. Everybody has that." I laugh.

"Right! That's the point I'm trying to make. Last night, I dreamt, we had a kid. So real. We named him after your eccentric uncle. Uh, what was his name? Morgan! Morgan."

"So you woke up, and thought that we were..." I place my hands on my hips.

"Expecting." He finishes my sentence.

"Yeah." I shake my head.

"Yes?" Tony ask, getting excited.

"No." I laugh.

"I had a dream about it. It was so real."

"You think it's even possible for me? Like they did so many experiments on me. Half of the stuff they did was when I was asleep." I sigh. "Do you even want kids?"

"Of course I-" Tony was cut off by some sort of portal opening

"Tony Stark, Y/N L/N, I'm Doctor Stephen Strange. I need you to come with me....Oh, uh, congratulations on the wedding, by the way." The man says.

"I'm sorry, you giving out tickets or something?" Tony asks, stepping in front of me.

"We need your help. Look, it's not overselling to say that the fate of the universe is at stake."

"And who's "we"?" I ask.

Bruce then emerges from behind Doctor Strange, "Hey, Tony."

Tony stepped back in shock, "Bruce."

"Y/N." He says worriedly.

"Bruce?" I ask.

"You okay?" Tony asks as Bruce hugs him tightly. Bruce reaches over and pull me into the hug.

I looked up at Doctor Strange confused then I hugged onto Bruce tightly, rubbing his back.

Whatever this was....it wasn't good.