Chapter 40 - Together Again

It's been Twenty-two days since Thanos snapped.

Twenty-two days and I've heard nothing from Tony.

Bruce, Steve, Rhodey, and Nat have stayed with me these past two weeks, making sure I was okay.

Nat especially was with me at all times because I have been feeling sick, I'm always throwing up. Bruce decided to take a sample of my blood and we found out I was pregnant....after all this time I thought it may be impossible.

"Y/N it's truly a miracle...I mean you were just in battle two weeks ago." Bruce says, looking over my ultrasound.

"How far along am I?" I ask.

"Three months." He nods.

I get off of the small bed and over to the stand up mirror, I pull my white shirt up and push my cardigan to the side then I turn to the side, seeing a very small bump. "I thought I was just bloated." I laugh with tears in my eyes.

"Congratulations Y/N..." I look up to see Steve standing in the doorway. I turn around and run into him, hugging onto him tightly and crying into his chest. "Your going to be a great mother." Steve rubs my back.

"Steve I can't do this without him....I need Tony... I know he will come back. He has to!" I sob, Steve looks away, "He will." I say louder.

"We will be here for you...all of us." Steve reassures me.

I pull away and smile, wiping my tears. "You need to shave." I laugh.

"You think so?" He chuckles.

"I know so." I step back and sit on the small bed.

"Don't hesitate to ask for anything Y/N." Steve nods and leaves.

Bruce walks over to me and hugs me, "it's going to be okay..." He whispers, standing back and smiling. "Now I want to go over some prenatal vitamins with you....I'm not an expert when it comes to babies but I know enough." Bruce nods.

"Thank you Bruce." I smile, staring ahead at myself in the mirror. "You know I told Tony that I wasn't pregnant...the day you came back with Strange....he seemed so excited to think I was pregnant. Do you really think he will be happy?"

"Of course he will be happy. First of all your the mother of his child and he loves you more than anyone. Second of all I know he wants children...we've briefly talked about it." Bruce chuckles.

"I hope so." I whisper.

"Listen I would not use your powers unless you absolutely have to...you can do some small stuff like moving things but nothing else. We don't want to risk hurting this little one." Bruce smiles and slightly rubs my stomach.

"Thank you Bruce...for everything." I look up as I feel rumbling, Bruce and I make eye contact before I grab his hand and pull him with me through the compound. We jog outside to see a ship landed, Steve was running up as a figure comes out.

I wrap my grey cardigan around me as I get a chill, my heart sinks when I realize who the figure is.

"Tony!" I scream, running over to him. I quickly hug him, burying my face in his neck. "Tony!" I cry again. I pull back and look him over, noticing how skinny and frail he looked. "Oh my god!" I cry.

"It's okay..." He whispers as he embraces me again.

Steve and I help him inside, getting him to the medical room I was in before. I help him on the bed, sitting on the other side of him so Bruce could look him over. "Peter? Strange?" I ask instantly.

Tony looks over at me weakly and shakes his head. "I lost him..." He whispers. I hold onto his hand softly as I start to cry.

"We did everything we could Tony...it's okay." I whisper.