Chapter 37 - Invaders

Tony and I sat down as another man by the name of Wong comes out and starts using his magic, "From the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then, boom! The Big Bang sent six elemental crystals, hurtling across the virgin universe. These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence."

"Space. Reality. Power. Soul. Mind. And Time." Strange points And opens up his necklace to reveal the time stone.

"Tell me his name again." Tony says to Bruce.

"Thanos. He's a plague, Tony. He invades planets. He takes what he wants. He wipes out half the population. He sent Loki. The attack on New York. That's him."

"This is it... What's our timeline?" Tony mutters the first part.

"No telling. He has the Power and Space Stones, that already makes him the strongest creature in the whole universe. If he gets his hands, on all six Stones, Tony..."

"He can destroy life on a scale hitherto undreamt of." Strange nods.

Tony leans against a cauldron, stretching like he's about to go for a run. "Did you seriously just say "hitherto undreamt of"?"

"Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?" Strange rolls his eyes.

"Is that what this is....?" Tony asks. A cloak smacks Tony's arm, surprising him. He looks over offended then straights up, "I'm going to allow that. If Thanos needs all six, why don't we just stick this one down the garbage disposal?"

"No can do." Strange shakes his head.

"We swore an oath to protect the Time Stone. With our lives." Wong says.

"And I swore off dairy, but then, Ben & Jerry's named a flavor after me, so...." I roll my eyes as Tony shrugs.

"Stark Raving Hazelnuts." Strange nods.

"It's not bad." I smile.

"A bit chalky." Strange says, Tony looks over at him offended.

"A Hunka-Hulka Burning Fudge is our favorite." Wong smiles.

Bruce joins the conversation, "That's a thing?"

"Whatever. Point is...things change." Tony nods.

"Our oath to protect the Time Stone cannot change. This Stone may be the best chance we have against Thanos." Strange throws his arm out.

"And still conversely, it may also be his best chance against us."

"Well, if we don't do our jobs." Strange starts.

Tony steps up, Slightly condescending, "What is your job exactly, besides making balloon animals?"

"Protecting your reality, douchebag." Strange says calmly.

"Okay, guys, could we table this discussion right now? The fact is that we have this Stone. We know where it is. Vision is out there somewhere with the Mind Stone, and we have to find him now." Bruce points.

"Yeah, that's the... thing." Tony says awkwardly.

"What do you mean?"

"Two weeks ago, Vision turned off his transponder. He's offline." I say as I cross my arms.

"What? Tony, you lost another super bot?" Bruce turns to Tony.

"I didn't lose him. He's more than that. He's evolving."

"Who could find Vision, then?" Strange asks.

Tony turns to me and sighs, "Shit." I shake my head at him, making him turn back to the others. "Probably Steve Rogers."