ch 12 - Arata

time went by and teruhiko Hitomi was now awake.

"are you awake?" you asked the girl gentle who quickly sat up straight.

"w-where am I?" she asked meekly, all confidence gone.

you gave her a pitiful look but still smiled.

"your at jujutsu technical metropolitan university."

she gave you the 'huh' look and you gave a small chuckle.

"yeah, i know. such a long and bad name isn't it?" you said making her smile, you were glad you were able to.

"this is a safe place, and a place for you to grow," you held her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "can I ask you something?"

she nodded and you pulled out a cage with a curse inside.

"can you see what's inside of the cage, and If you do, can you describe it to me?"

she looked at it for a solid minuet before she replied.

"I-its like this black bug like thing. but its not a bug. its like a black wisp with wing?" she furrowed her eyebrows trying her best to explain the curses feature.

your eyes brightened up, she truly was an arata.

"this is called a curse, you probably saw these before but just dismissed them, right?" she nodded, your guess was right.

"these curses are deprived from negative emotions and can be found anywhere in the world, though majority of them are found in Japan.

some people are able to see these curses, and some can fight them. the people who can only see them are called windows. the ones that can fight them are know as jujutsu sorcerers or shamans. they use negative energy to fight curses." she nodded saying she understood.

"the amount of negative or cursed energy one hold can differ from people. lets say satoru. he is from a major clan, his clan is known for their special technique and amount of curse energy, compared to someone who comes from a minor family or have no relationship to the jujutsu world prior would have a lot less."

"does that mean I have less cursed energy?" she asked, unsure as to where you were going at.

"no, on the contrary actually. you, Hitomi, posses much more cursed energy than the Gojo clan themself."

"ehh? how?" she was confused and honestly you weren't surprised.

"want me to tell you a story?" you asked her. she nodded slowly, confused as to where you were going.

"a long time ago a couple had two children.

the eldest had obsidian black hair. the youngest had pure white, like fresh snow.

many thought they weren't truly blood related but that wasn't true at all.

they both held immense power in their eyes.

the eldest had dark blue eyes like the night sky with fleck of sliver matching the stars. the youngest also had blue but they were a ky blue color, it was clear like a sunny morning.

the eldest however had much more power in his eyes and could control the night and dark to his will. he could see so far. farther than the human eye and farther than the mind. he could see glimpses of the future.

the youngest wasn't as strong but was stronger than many. she was able to grasp the strength of the universe and band it to her will. she used it to destroy, create and protect. much like her brother.

time went on and the eyes of the youngest prevailed through history but not the eldest.

history claims that the eyes of the night sky was lost forever.

but you prove history wrong."

"eh me??" she pointed to herself.

"you are a direct descendent of the Arata clan. a clan more powerful than the Gojo's."

----------

the Gojo backstory is made up.

vote and enjoy

-insomniac