ch 8 - Kakucho

why are people reading this?????

----------

you and sanzu made your way to kakucho's office. you felt like you had heard the name before but you couldn't remember from where.

sanzu kicked opened the door and strutted in like he owned the place.

"sanzu..." kakucho sighed, "what did I tell you about kicking open my door?"

"not too, but whose gonna stop me?" he said with a smirk.

"koko when he cuts down your budget for breaking all the doors."

you tuned out their small argument as you scanned the room. your eyes landed on a fan on display.

"hey, where did you get this fan?" you asked picking it up.

"huh? oh that. it was from some auction. it looked nice." he replied, his head perking up to see you.

"this is good..." you muttered. "yeah, it has good proportions and everything to."

"hah?" sanzu asked with an annoyed face. "what's so special about a fan?"

you ignored him and brought it close t your face and examined the intricate details. opening it fully, a story could be told and your eyes widened when you realized what the story told.

"this isn't your ordinary fan, haruchiyo. this is a weapon of war!" you said with a smile, reminiscing of an old friend.

"huh?" the both said confused.

you flicked the fan at them and a strong gust of wind pushed their hair back and sent the papers flying.

"and it still works great too!" you said, giddy at finding such a magnificent weapon.

"what the fuck did you just do." they both said synchronized.

"no, how the fuck did you do that?"

"what? you never knew a fan could be used as a weapon? and a deadly one too." you said with a shrug.

your eyes zeroed on kakucho and he raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"you were that izana kid's friend!" you said in realization.

both of their eyes widened at the name you spoke.

"y-you knew izana?" kakucho asked slowly.

"hmm? yeah. I was in Yokohama and I met him. I was his personal therapist for awhile. he was a good kid. broken yes but still good." you said with a small smile remembering your interactions with the tired kid. "he mentioned you quite a few times, he held you very dear you know?"

"he was very close to becoming my reaper! though it's a good thing he was good enough to go and rest in heaven. kid was lucky he got tama-chan as his judge. she has a soft spot for kids" you pouted but smiled knowing he's at peace now.

"wait, how do you know he went to heaven?" sanzu asked, entirely dismissing the fact that you knew kurokawa izana.

"that I'll explain on another day. besides don't we have a tiger to catch?" you said steering them back to the topic on hand.

"*cough* yeah..."

'I'll tell you about him later' you mouthed to kakucho whose eyes widened but then nodded in understanding.

-----------

"black tiger, from what I've collected, is an underground business. they handle things in the black market, and the leader themselves is the leader a drug lord. they seem to have lots of connections so they can mask themself quickly and efficiently." kakucho said recalling al mentions of black tiger. "y/n didn't you say you heard the name before."

"oh, yeah, I was like high so I don't remember much. actually I might've gotten the drugs from there. I honestly don't remember. I was in the process of killing myself." you said with a meh face.

kakucho deadpanned at your response but carried on.

"some of his members are seen at on of our bars often, we'll start there."

—————-

heyy, sorry if this is late, i had a mini writer's block.

i posted another story called info broker, i hope you enjoy!

-insomniac