Chapter 34

The searing pain in my arm still hasn't stopped. I don't know what time it is but I know that iv'e been shut in this room for at least a day because I saw the sun rise and the sun set. 

My stomach is crying out for food but since I have been here I haven't received any. 

I look down at my arm and the big red patch that is now on it. I'm so angry but I know that lashing out isn't going to help me. No one can save me except me so I need to stay calm and come up with a plan. 

I have no idea about the layout of the building, I have no idea about how heavy the security is or how many people are here. I don't know where Lucas and my friends are being kept and I don't know how to leave this room as it has only one door and it has been bolted shut ever since I was shoved in here the other night. 

This is not a good start. 

*clack clack*

I hear the door being unbolted and turn to it, currently I'm standing in front of the window facing the door. 

"Ahh, Lia, my beautiful bride" suddenly I hate being called Lia, Lia is too personal for Igor to call me it. But I don't say anything because I know that that wouldn't end well for me. 

"Come, sit" He says as he sits on the bed and pats the space beside him. 

I do as he says except I sit as far away from him as I possibly can. 

"We need to discuss a few details about our wedding. I'm thinking of having a big white wedding, like in the movie 'the princess diaries'. I want you in a big big white dress" he carries on talking but I drone him out. He's watched 'the princess diaries?', iv'e only watched it because Drew made me. I just didn't expect this massive mafia guy to have watched a movie like that.

"Are you listening?" He says impatiently 

I look at him trying to remember what he said but he carries on talking 

"We will need to fix your rudeness. As I was saying, the cake will be large but you will not be allowed any of it. I want you to be very skinny as right now you are far too fat and there will be lots of food and drink but you will only be allowed a small portion as to not look strange that you are not eating at your own wedding" yeah, that would be the only strange thing about the wedding. 

But I don't intend on ever having a wedding with Igor. I need to get out of here but before I can do that I need to know where my friends are. 

"Igor" I say in a very incident way, "I was wondering if I would be able to see my friends? I miss them" 

"Not yet. We need to keep discussing the wedding" 

"Okay, thank you" I reply in a sickly sweet voice 

We're not 'discussing' anything, he's just talking at me. But I don't say that as I need him to be happy with me so that I can find out where my friends are being kept.

He carries on talking for another hour about 'our wedding.' But finally he finishes. 

"Now we will see your friends" He says as he stands up and takes my hand. I have to try my hardest not to show my revolt at the fact that he's toughing me. 

Igor leads me down a long hallway until we reach an elevator, we go inside then he presses -7. This is not good. It means that escaping will be even harder if Drew and the others are being kept underground. 

When the elevator stops we walk out, Igor still holds my hand as he leads me down more hallways. I try to keep in my head when we go left and right but after the tenth turn I lose count. 

"Here they are" he says as he opens a door. Inside the room there are different cells and in each one one of my friends sit but they are behind a two way mirror like in police stations so I can see them but they can't see me. 

I look at Drew and my heart suddenly drops. I run over to her window dropping Igor's hand and bang on the window trying to get her attention but Igor throws be backwards. 

"What did you do to her!" I scream at him. 

Drew has bruises all over her face and cuts all over her arms and legs. The room its freezing and she is only wearing a t-shirt and shorts. 

"Do not raise your voice at me!" Igor says before backhanding me across the face. My lip starts bleeding but I don't feel the pain. 

I look at the other cells and see Lucas, Blake,  Malcom and Ivar all sitting trying to keep warm. Each one looks as bad as the other but not as bad as Drew. 

The sound of mine and Igor's voices must have been heard by them as they all look concerned and stand up in front of the mirror.

"Lia?" Drew's shaking voice says as she starts crying 

"Drew, it's okay, everything-" I shout but Igor hits me across the face again 

"Shut up!" He yells at me then drags me out of the room by my neck. 

He slams the door shut then throws my head towards the ground. 

"Get up!" he yells and I slowly stand up using the wall for support.

"Walk!" he yells at me as I begin walking

I walk slowly next to Igor and this time I remember the sequence of lefts and rights. 

Now I can start planning our escape.