Chapter Three: Leaving Home

I wake up and see blurs of colour. I can hear talking but I can't make out what is being said. I sit up and realise I'm in a car. What? I ask myself, how did I get here? 

And then it all comes back to me. 

"Ugh" I groan out loud, "Fuck" I say holding my head as the inside of the car won't stop spinning. 

"And my baby has finally awoken" my Dads voice says mockingly. I hate it. I hate him.

"Here" Someone says and passes me a drink bottle.

I open it clumsily and drink it in one

The blurs start to go into real objects and I can see  someone sitting in front of me, someone diagonally and my Dad sitting on the right of me. 

I look around at them questionably and the guy infront of me chuckles.

"It's me, Leo" Leo's my cousin, he's three years older than me.

He smiles at me but I don't smile back.

"And me, Francesco" 

I look at him wide eyed. He's my uncle but he doesn't look like he looked five years ago, he's aged a lot and gotten a big scar across his cheek.

I look out the window not wanting to show any emotion because I'm pissed off.

"Where are we going" 

"To get on a plane" My Dad answers, of course he wouldn't say the airport because I don't think he even has a passport, he's been wanted his whole life. We are probably going to some stretch of land where his private jet is able to fly off. 

I keep looking out into the dark window just so I don't have to look at anyone.

"Are you gonna talk?" My Dad says laughing, "I didn't know my baby had turned shy"

"I'm not fucking shy I just see no point in talking to you"

"Don't swear"

I look round at him in surprise. "You can't say anything you swear all the fucking time!" 

"That doesn't mean you can"

"Fuck you" I say and turn back to the window

"Leo, get out a piece of paper and put a tally on it every time my darling daughter Amelia swears"

Leo does as he's told and brings out a folded piece of paper unfolding it from his pocket.

"And put two tallies on it"

Again Leo does what he's told and brings out a pen from his jacket writing down two tallies

"This is bullshit" I say making sure I say the last word loudly

"Another tally Leo"

"You can't tell me what to do, I hate you" I say still looking out into the dark night 

"First of all I can tell you what to do and second, I don't give a shit if you think you hate me or not"

"You just fucking swore and your telling me not to swear you fucking hypocrite" I say making sure I add in those two swear words because now I know he hates it, "and what do you mean if I think I hate you because I don't think it I know it! I'm embarrassed to call you my Dad!"

"Two more tallies Leo. And just because I swear does not mean you can and I do not care if that makes me a hypocrite. And I said think because you only think you hate me because of what your mother has been telling you these past six years."

"We never talked about you. You weren't worth our time" I spit out

He doesn't respond to me but talks to Leo. "Now, on the other side write down a tally every time Amelia disrecpects me" He says pulling my chin and making me look at him "and put down ten tallies to make up for all the times she has disrespected me tonight."