Chapter 27

"Lucas! How are you? Finally got your first bullet wound!" Leo says laughing and sounding a bit proud. 

"Yeah, and it's much better than your's!" Lucas slurs 

"Haha" Leo chuckles then turns to me 

"Your Dad said we need to go" Leo says and grabs my arm

"Huh, go where?" I ask confused

"Its not safe for you to be here right now. More people are likely to come and your Dad wants no one to know where you are" 

"What about Lucas?" I ask stressed

"He'll be fine. Come on" Leo says dismissively then walks out of the room meaning for me to follow him but I hesitate. 

"Liaaaaaa, I'll be fineeeee, goooo" Lucas says

"Lia!" Leo yells outside the room 

"Are you sure?" I ask him. I don't want to leave him but I know that Dad will make me even if I try resist 

"Yessssss, I'll miss you though" he says smiling like a child

I smile back and laugh a little, "I'll miss you too" I say then awkwardly hug him so that I don't hurt him to much

"Bye" I say as I leave the room

"See ya soon" He replies 

Leo's waiting for me outside the room smiling and chuckling. I carry on walking towards the garage, 

"What?" I ask 

"Oh, nothing. Only it seemed back there like someone has a little crush on a certain boy and that boy likes her back. That wouldn't be true would it?" He says smiling 

"Shut up" I say as I reach the garage, "what car are we going in?" I ask 

"The blue one near the door. Are you sure though? I mean personally I think you guys would be good together, I even thi-" 

"I'm sure" I say as I get into the car. "So where are we going?" I ask as we drive away

"To an airplane about 10 minuets away, you know Lia, you shouldn't be embaressed that you like Lucas, he's a-"

"Leo, stop. This conversation has ended." 

"Fine, fine" 

We drive in silence until we reach an airplane in the middle of a field. It's much smaller than the private plane I had when I first came over to Italy since I had been in Scotland. 

"Wait what? Arn't you coming?" I ask panicked when I get out of the car but he doesn't

"No, your Dad said to just drop you off and get straight back" 

"Oh, okay" I say feeling a little unsafe. "Do you know where I'm going?" 

"No sorry"

"Okay, well, bye"

"Bye, you'll be fine" He says when he notices my concerned face

"Yeah" I say then shut the door and walk onto the plane. 

There isn't any air hostesses just two pilots. I say hello to them and then sit on one of the couches then we take off. 

"Amelia Vincentini we have arrived at your destination" One of the pilots says shaking me gently 

I wake up and look out the window, 

"Uhhh, where are we?" I ask looking at the landscape

"We are in France. In one of your fathers safe houses. The staff at the house are outside ready to great you" 

"Okay, thank you" I say

I didn't know my Dad had safe houses in such beautiful areas. We've landed in a field that has been left clear for a runway but all around us is grape vines for wine I'm guessing. Then up on a small ish hill is an old mansion that overlooks the whole area and for a second I forget about Lucas and the situation that he is in and just take it all in. But then as I walk out of the plane and see the staff lined up it all comes back to me and I feel like my shoulders are carrying a huge weight. 

"Amelia, we have been looking forward to seeing you again" An old official looking man says to me as I walk off the steps

"Again?" I ask confused

"Oh yes, you won't remember but you came here quite often until you were around 5 years old" He says kindly then carry on "This is my wife, Ariel, she is the cook and these are the maids" He says gesturing to two girls who look like they are about 18 years old. 

"Nice to meet you" I say to them then I follow the man up to the house

I don't understand how I didn't know about this place because it is so beautiful. The house is big but not too big, I asked Mathieu (the man I met before) and it is grape vines for wine. The house is a bit like a farm house but a fancy one. 

I'm completely exhausted from the day that iv'e had so I go straight up to my bedroom (Ariel showed me where it was) and I go straight to the bed and lie in it. But when I'm there, I can't sleep. 

I think I like Lucas. Like seriously like Lucas. Iv'e known for a while now but I haven't really admitted it to myself but now that Lucas is hurt I can't stop thinking about him and how I feel about him. 

After hours of tossing and turning I finally decide that when I wake up in the morning I'm going to ring my Dad and tell him that I'm going back to Italy because I don't want to be away from everyone, but really, I just don't want to be away from Lucas.