Chapter 12

A/N: The photo is a drawing of what Lia's bedroom looks like, I tried to describe it but the description kept getting to long. I know I'm a really bad drawer and I drew it in a major rush so that didn't help anything, but thats basically how I imagine it but you can defiantly imagine it better if you want to:) 

"Amelia!" My Dad screams at me 

I'm standing at the front door about to go in when my Dad opened the door from the other side. 

"What were you thinking! Oh, that's right you weren't!" He yells at me and pulls me inside

"How dare you sneak out! I told you never to again! You are in so much trouble Amelia!" 

"My names Lia" I mumble looking at my shoes 

"Your names Amelia Vincentini!" he yells 

"My names Lia Diaz!" I yell back at him looking him in eyes. Diaz is my mothers name, I'm legally Amelia Vincentini but I was always called Lia Diaz in Scotland and that's how I want to be known.

"Your name" he says slowly "is Amelia Vincentini" 

"I'd rather have the name Diaz then Vincentini, I hate being a Vincentini!" I yell

"Go, to, your room!" he yells at me 

"Gladly!" I yell back and run up the stairs. All 5 flights of stairs. 

By the time I reach my room I collapse on my bed crying. I shouldn't of left but I don't want to stay. Things could have gone a lot worse and thinking about what could of happened makes me want to be sick. It's 4:30 in the morning and the sun is just staring to rise. 

I walk outside onto the balcony and lie down on the L-shaped couch. Even though it's only 4:30 in the morning, it's already pretty light. The waves are crashing against the rocks below, it must be high tide because when it's low tide the beach turns into a kind of tropical beach, but right now the waves are crashing high against the rocks and water is being sprayed up. 

I can hear the sound of the waves but because they are so far below me, it's a quiet sound. It's pretty warm already but I still put the grey fluffy blanket around me, more for comfort than warmth.

"It's been a long day" I sigh and lye down to sleep

--Next morning--

"Amelia wake up" My dad says. He's sitting on the end of the L-shaped couch so he's not that close to me. 

I stir and then regret it because I can already tell that he's going to start saying a whole bloody speech about how much trouble I'm in and how much of an idiot I am for leaving on my own. 

"What you did was unacceptable" there we go 

"I am beyond angry at you. Your grounded until I say so and I expect no disrespect from you-"

"What's the time?" I ask looking him straight in the eyes

"What?" he asks frustrated 

"Time" I repeat sitting up 

"5:30. Lorri's going to be taking you for-"

"It's too early, I'm going back to sleep" I say and walk back inside to my bed 

"Amelia! Come back here!" My Dad yells horrified that I walked away from him

I ignore him and climb into bed. My bed's pushed up against the wall and I turn so that iv'e got my back facing the world and I'm touching the wall. It's actually quite comfortable.