Chapter Two: Reunited

I freeze

He looks at me with a blank stare and then smiles

"It's nice to see you again Amelia" 

"Who is he?" Blake asks behind me 

I stay quiet, I told them all that my Dad was dead, it was just easier that way then telling them the truth, and it was a lot safer.

"I'm her father" he says and holds out his hand to Blake, Blake goes to shake it but I pull him away. 

"Now now Amelia I'm just getting to know your friend, don't be rude" he says and I look him straight in the eye as I ball my hand int a fist. I know I'm going to regret this. I punch my Dad straight in the face and start to run.

I hear my Dad yell at his men, "get her!"

I get about 10 metres away before someone grabs my waist and picks me up while I'm screaming and kicking trying to get away.

"Let me go" I scream at whoever is holding me
My friends look at me with worried faces and try to run forward to help me but some guys grab their shoulders so they can't.

The guy throws me in the back seats of a car, it was a 2 door car so I couldn't get out. There's already a guy sitting next to me and I start to kick him trying to get out.

"Yo chill, its me" he says 

I stop and look at him, he voice seems vaguely familiar but I can't remember who he is and I can't see their face properly.

"It's me, Lorri" 

"Lorri?" 

"Yeah, don't you recognise me?" he says laughing 

Lorri (short for Lorenzo) was my personal trainer (for defending myself etc) but I haven't seen him since 6 years ago when I left. He was 24 then but in the dark I can only tell it's him by his voice. Two guys get in the front and start driving. 

"Where are we going?" I say alarmed trying to see outside even though it's too dark

"I'm not sure, probably back to your house to get your stuff"

"What! I'm not leaving!" I scream at him

"Talk to your Dad about that, don't get me involved" He says holding his hands up

"Fuck!" I scream and start to punch the seat In front of me because I was angry

"Stop!" Lorri says and grabs my arms. I start to squirm to try get out of his grip but he holds me so I can't.

"Calm the fuck down Amelia" 

"Fuck" I scream again. No matter what i am not going back with my Dad, I'd rather die. I have tears streaming down my face, not because I'm sad but when I'm really frustrated or angry  I cry, I know it's a habit that I really need to break.

I calm down a bit and wipe my eyes, we stop outside my house and someone grabs me out of the car.

"I can walk by myself, you know" I yell at the guy who is trying to pick me up, i sqirum around and kick him in the shines and he drops to the ground letting me go.

I feel hands placed on either side of my shoulders and turn around to see my Dad laughing at me  

"What" I yell at him

"You haven't changed a bit" he says and I go to kick him in the shines but before I can he moves to the side and I miss. He leans down next to my ear, "Don't you even fucking dear do that again or else I might just have to do that to your mother"
I gulp and look down at the ground. 

"Come on" he says and turns me around pushing me forward so I stumble a bit. We walk up to the front door and he bangs on it. Mum opens it and looks terrified.

"Vincent?" She asks scared

"It's nice to see you too Julie" he says. 

He barges through the door while grabbing my arm and dragging me too. 

"Go to your room Amelia" My Dad says sternly. 

"No" I say and don't move

He turns around to 2 guys that followed us in the door, I kind of recognise them but not enough to remember their names.

"Take her to her room" he says and they walk forward and each put a hand on my shoulder, walking down the hallway towards the rooms. But of course they don't know which one it is. And I don't intend on helping. We walk first to the bathroom, then the laundry, then the spare room, then my Mums room.

"Where the fuck is it?" One of the guys says to the other

We walk back into the living room where my Mum and Dad are.

"Um, we can't find her room Boss" ugh I hate it when people call other people boss like it's their name.

"Amelia show it to them"

"No" I say smiling but soon that smile fades when my Dad walks over to my Mum and slaps her across the face making her fall to the ground. 

"Mum!" I scream and try to run over to her but the guys are still holding onto my shoulders.

"I'm fine, just show it to them" my Mum says weakly. I look up to my Dad and he's smiling. Sick bastard I say to myself and turn to walk to my room. 

My rooms in the attic and that's by choice, I painted it and made it look really cool and everything. The opening to the attic is down the hall and you have to pull down on a string for the stairs to come out. I pull down the string and go to walk up.

"No, you go second" the guy says and he starts walking up, then I walk up, then the next guy. 

"Pack your stuff" he says to me with no emotion.
I don't move and just stare at him.

"Fine" he says and they start grabbing my school bag and putting stuff in it.
I walk past him and grab it out of his hand. He was doing it all wrong, he was trying to put clothes in the space that is specifically for a laptop, idiot.

I take the clothes out and grab a different bag and shove them in them. And grab some more clothes. I get my school bag and grab my laptop and school books, I, unlike many people like to learn because I want to be a doctor when I'm older and so I try hard in school.

I finish packing my things and sit on my bed with my headphones in.

I can hear my Mum screaming at my Dad and I try not to think about it,  I know that theres no way i'm going to be able to get out of going back home to either New York or Italy. 

After 6 years of hiding my Dad has finally found us and I know he won't just let us walk away. 

 But I hope we are going to New York because my Italian isn't nearly as good as it was when I left. I grew up learning both Italian and English but for the past 6 years I haven't spoken Italian because I wanted my accent to be as non-italian as possible for blending in purposes. 

I can hear someone walk up the stairs and I turn around to see my Mum crying.

"Mum?" I ask worried

She walks over to me and hugs me.

"I love you Lia" she says holding me tight

"Mum, are you okay?"

"Lia, I love you. Your Dad will look after you, he won't hurt you if I'm not there. Please be safe and don't forget how much I love you"

"Mum, whats going on?"

"Your going to go with your Dad for a while, but everything will be okay"

She pulls away from the hug and starts walking down the stairs. I try to run after her but I get held back by the two guys.

"Mum!" I scream after her

She looks back at me just before I lose sight of her and smiles then continues on down the stairs.

I feel something sting in my shoulder, I turn around to see that its a needle and everything goes black.