Chapter 31

Lucas arrives later tonight, I honestly can't wait, I am nervous but I am much more excited to see him. My friends all left last night because school for them was starting up again. 

I do not know how he managed to do it but Alessandro convinced my Dad to let him work in Edinburgh, Scotland so that he is closer to Drew. Blake was not happy about that at all but he didn't make a big deal out of it. 

'What room would you like Lucas to have?" Claire, one of the maids asks me. 

"Can he have the one Drew was in, next to mine?" I ask 

"Of course, I'll set it up now" She says then leaves

"Thanks" I shout out as she's closing the door of my room. 

I'm sitting next to the window that is wide open, looking out to the rows and rows of grape vines. It's only 11am and Lucas's plane doesn't get here until 8:45 pm so now I have to find something to do, iv'e already tried reading but I can't concentrate. 

'I wonder if Lucas likes pizza or burgers more?', I keep asking myself these annoying questions, it's starting to become apparent to me that I don't really know Lucas, well I do I just don't know specific things. So I decide to write down a list of things that I want to some way work into a conversation to ask him. 

I write down questions like, 'What's your favourite colour?' and 'Do you have a favourite celebrity?'. Just completely random stuff really. 

It's currently 1:30, writing the list and day dreaming out the window lasted quite a while but now I don't know what to do so I decide to walk down to the kitchen.

"Hey Ariel, what cha doing?" 

"I'm baking a raspberry meringue pie, or trying to at least, all the ones that I have made so far have come out of the oven as flat as a pancake" Ariel huffs. I'm sitting at the kitchen eating freshly picked raspberries out of a bowl while Ariel is working hard in the corner of the kitchen trying to whip the mixture by hand. 

"Can you not find anything to do?" she asks

"No" I reply as I grab more raspberries. 

"Well you could bake something yourself, maybe make something for that boy who's arriving tonight?" She replies and takes the bowl of raspberries off the table and away from my grasp

"What would I make? I barely bake and so my skills are incredibly limited" 

"Cookies? There not to hard to make" 

"Hmmmm, yeah cookies would be good" I decide and start making them.

I don't know how I did it but I managed to keep myself busy all the way to 8 o'clock at night. I baked cookies with Ariel, then I helped the gardeners in the garden then I went for a ride on Gypsy and lastly I had a long and relaxing bubble bath. 

I'm now sitting on a swing chair outside of the house, it looks out over the rollings hills that are filled with grape vines, it's an amazing view, very relaxing. But I'm not relaxed. I just want him to arrive already. 

And finally he does. 

The airplane arrives earlier than expected and so I have to run down to the plane to meet up with him. 

By the time I am there he is already walking up the path to the house and I run straight into him. 

"Lia!" He says then picks me up and hugs me, I hear him wince from his wounds, "I'm so happy to see you" he says while we are still hugging 

"I'm so happy to see you too! Iv'e been waiting all day I can't believe you're actually here!" I say as we continue to hug, "are you okay? In pain?" I suddenly ask when I remember his wound

"I'm fine" he laughs, "missed you though" 

"Iv'e missed you too" I say then move back from the hug, "come, the house isn't far I want to show you something I made you" I say as I grab his hand and start walking up towards the house. 

I can tell that Lucas is still in a lot of pain even though he won't show it so I walk slowly talking the whole time with him about what we have been up to while we have been apart. He hasn't really been doing anything apart from resting which is good. 

"Did you make these? I didn't know you could bake" He chuckles referring to the cookies in front of us. 

"I had a bit of help" I admit laughing 

We are sitting on a bit of the roof that's flat and has an outdoor couch on it to star gaze. We have blankets and comfy pillows all around us, the sky isn't dark yet so we are watching the sun go down. 

"Hey Lia, I wanted to talk to you about something" Lucas says as he takes my hand in his 

"Yeah?" I reply looking out to the sunset with my head resting on his shoulder, purposefully not looking in his eyes because now I'm nervous as to what he's going to say

"During this whole time that you have been here in France, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. And I know that you know that I like you and, well I'm pretty sure that you like me as well. And I was wondering..." 

"Yes?" I ask deciding to face him

"I was wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend?" 

I smile then say "Yeah, I would"

He grabs me by the waist and sits me on his lap. 

"Good" he says smiling against my ear. 

I turn my head around to face his and when I do, it's like time slows down and speeds up all at the same time. 

And then we kiss