Chapter Five

I storm up to his door and knock loudly, without waiting for a reply I open it.

"Lia!" My Dad yells

He's, uh, busy, with a girl. 

I don't say anything but turn around and walk away, not being able to comprehend what just happened. That will be something I will never be able to forget.

"You good?" Leo says looking at my face when I sit down next to him, "it looks like you've seen a ghost" 

"But like a disgusting ghost" Lucas adds

"I just walked in on my Dad fucking the flight attendant" I say looking straight ahead of me sitting down. 

"Oh" Lucas says awkwardly averting his gaze from me to somewhere on the ground 

"Why didn't you knock?" Leo says shaking his head chuckling 

"I was angry" I say still looking straight ahead, "and I'm still fucking angry" I say looking at Leo angrily remembering the reason I went to see him.

It's silent for a couple minutes.

"Want a skittle?" Lucas says holding out the packet to me 

"Thanks" I mumble and take a couple 

"Are you gonna offer me one?" Leo says

"No, you said m&m's were better than skittles"

"So?"

"It's obvious that skittles are much better than m&m's in ever single way possible and when you say m&m's are better you lose the right to ever eat skittles again until you put right your wrong doing"

"Your so full of shit" Leo says trying to grab for the skittles

"Take it back then!" Lucas says standing not the chair holding the skittles above his head

"No you can't make me!" Leo says grabbing again for the skittles

  Idiots, I say to myself

"Lia! Don't come into my room without knocking ever again!" My Dad yells at me and the girl runs past him. 

"Got em!" Leo says mockingly to Lucas when Lucas got distracted and lowered his arm. They both sit back down, Leo looking at Lucas who's scowling while Leo stuffs his face chuckling.

"Believe me I won't" I say back not able to look him in the eyes. I mean I'm no saint myself, but seeing my Dad, well, like that I just can't get it out of my head. 

"What did you want anyway" He says sitting down next to Lucas 

"Um. Oh yeah" I can't stop thinking about it, ugh. "Why the fuck is Matteo in an American prison!" I yell at him.

He doesn't even have the desensey to look away or anything and just says like he doesn't care, "Leo, one tally" oh my god he's still on about those tallies. "he deserved it" 

"What the did he do!"

"Let your Mum take you away" he says looking at his watch 

"Mum didn't take me away! I ran away! From you! And he didn't even have anything to do with it!" I scream at him.

"You were ten and happy, your Mum filled your head with lies. And Matteo knew where you went and no matter what I did he wouldn't tell me and thats just as bad" he says, his face has gone a lot more serious. 

"Fuck you! You know Mum didn't say any lies, anything she ever told me about you was fucking true, your a self-less, violent monster who doesn't care about anyone or anything except yourself and money!"