Chapter 15

4:30 am. On paper it doesn't sound so bad, but it is, oh but it is. Lorri wakes me up the morning with a bucket of ice cold water, no warning or anything. Apparently it's my punishment for not being ready and waiting for him downstairs.

So after my terrible wake up call I crawl, and I mean crawl, to the bathroom where I do my business and wash my face, all while Lorri is yelling at me to hurry up. I then go to my closet and change into shorts and a sports t-shirt and some black nike trainers. Again, all while Lorri was yelling at me to hurry up.

When I'm ready we run down the stairs, which was very fun, not. Then after that we go to the gym which is on one side of the basement. I now call the gym the torture chamber because of how much I had torture I had to endure.

After running down 6 flights of stairs (down to the basement which Is were the torture chamber/the gym is), i then had to run on the treadmill for 30 minuets as a warm up, A WARM UP! I'm actually pretty fit but I hadn't had any breakfast yet and I was half asleep so it was a killer.

Then I did so many other exercise's that now, 4 and a half hours later, made me feel like all of my limbs are going to fall off and I'm going to collapse onto the ground. I used to like Lorri, now I'm not so sure.

"So, how was it?" Leo asks walking into the kitchen where I'm having pancakes for breakfast (a very good after workout food I think).

"Amazing, wonderful, inspiring" I say faking being happy, "are all adjectives that I would not describe my experience as" I say slumping back down on my kitchen stool at the kitchen island.

"Haha, you could of gotten much worse you know. Your dad was fuming yesterday after your little adventure" Lucas says walking in behind Leo, I swear, you can never see one without the other.

"Yeah, well, it was pretty bad" I mumble

"Right, we gotta go or else your Dad will go all mad at us again after yesterday. Which wasn't cool by the way" Leo says referring to when I left my room under their watch.

"Yeah, I'll just go brush my teeth" I say as I leave the massive gleaming white kitchen.

I start walking up the stairs but stop after the first two steps. My legs are killing me, so I look around for the supposed elevator. I find it behind a coat rack, but to my unlucky-ness, you have to have a password for it to work.

"Great. Just great" I mumble and start my climb.

After I swear what felt like 14 years, I reached my bedroom. I got my phone, laptop and headphones (because this time I'm prepared for sitting in a boring office all day) and brush my teeth. Then I leave my bedroom.

Great, now I have to go down 5 flights of stairs. Perfect.

So again, after what felt like now 28 years, I reach the ground floor and meet Leo and Lucas.

"You look cherrful today" Lucas says mockingly.

I smile sarcastically at him then walk out the front door and we leave.

My Dad's office building is right in the middle of a busy city. You know those big skyscrapers in a city that is meant to hold like a hundred different companies? Well, my Dad has a full one just for his 'company'.

I walk into the lobby area by myself because Lucas and Leo dropped me off outside. I got given a key card to the hallway to the stairs. Yes, you read that right, the stairs not the elevator.

Like this morning wasn't enough exercise. And just to make everything worse, my Dad's office is the 113th floor. 113! My Dad expects me to walk up that many flights of stairs after what I had endured this morning. I think not.

I walk over to one of the many receptionist at the desk and say,

"Hi, I'm Amelia, Vincents daughter, I forgot my key card to the elevator, can you take me up with yours?" I ask politely

"Sorry, no. We were all given strict instructions to not let you use our key cards, plus they only go up to level 105, 113 is where you need to go" she replies, she looks incredibly tired and like she's about twenty years old, her uniform resembles what someone would wear to a night club, poor girl.

"Oh, of course" I say trying to be sweet

I considered yelling at her and making her give me her card, but I feel too sorry for her, plus if I used her's I would still have to walk up 6 flights of stairs, so instead I walk over to a janitors office on a whim.

I expect the door handle to not move but instead it turns freely and revels a cupboard full of cleaning supplies. I look to my left at the wall, and there is what I was looking for.

A key card.

This should be able to get me the whole way up to the 113th floor because somebody has to clean it and I can bet it won't be my Dad.

There are four elevator's lined up next to each other, I press the button for one to open and when one does I step inside. No one else is there and so I scan my key card and press the button for floor 113.