Chapter Ten

We park up at a mall and get out. I walk around for a while until I go into one a shop that looks cool. All of the 4 guys walked in and stood behind me, the shop wasn't that big and so it looked very cramped all of a sudden. The shop attendant looked at me quickly then looked away again careful not to catch my eye. 

"What are you doing!? Just wait outside" I hissed at them, I like to just blend in with everyone else and not stand out bringing myself attention and these guys were defently not helping with that. 

"Sorry, bosses orders" ...ugh

"Can I borrow your phone" I say holding out my hand. But he hesitates, he must know I have a history of smashing other peoples phones. 

"I just want to talk to my Dad, I won't throw it" I said impatiently

He got out his phone and dialled my Dad's number then gave it to me,

"This is Vincent's secritey speaking, Vincent is currently busy but you can leave a-"

"I want to speak to my Dad, it's Amelia" 

"Oh, ok, Hang on one second" 

"Amelia! What's wrong!" My Dad says a bit worried

"Your men won't let me go in a shop by myself and its embarrassing" 

"Amelia!" My Dad yells

"Yeah"

" I told you to only ring me if there was an emergency, I was in a very important meeting!"

"This is was emergency!" He doesn't speak, "of a sort" I add sheepishly remembering back to just before I went shopping and he told me to only ring him on the guys phones if there was an emergency.

He hangs up on me. 

"Great" I sigh and hand the phone back to the guy.

We walk around for about 2 more hours and I have brought quite a lot of clothes, I actually hate shopping but after sitting in that office for so long I needed something to do and going back to the office was not happening. We walk to the car and the guys put the bags in the back, there are a lot of bags. We drive home with the radio on quietly. 

No, not home, we drive back to the house, it's not my home. Even though I have only been away from Scotland for a couple of days it feels like months, I hate it. 

We arrive and I get out, the guys follow me up to my bedroom and put the bags on the floor then they leave. I go over to the built in speaker in my room and turn on some music, thinking about home is making me sad so I put on some sad music because now thats only what I feel like. I put on Brother by Kodaline and pull out my knew clothes. I consider trying them on but I can't be bothered so instead I decide to go outside onto the balcony and watch some 'Jane the virgin' (a great show btw). 

After about 3 hours of this Leo comes in,

"Hey, dinners ready" he says and then walks out again, I'm not hungry but I go down anyway because I'm pretty sure Dad won't like it if I don't. 

After walking down the FIVE flights of stairs (I have now decided I hate stairs) I walk into the kitchen. I realise that I haven't actually seen a dinning table yet so I look around for one. I walk into a couple rooms that come off from the kitchen/living room area, and after the third door I find what I'm looking for. A dinning table with around 20 people sitting staring at me all quiet. I look down to my Dad and notice the only spare chair and start walking over there. Conversation comes back (thankfully) and I feel more at ease.  

"Hey, why is there so many people here?" I ask him as I sit down, he's sitting at the end of the table with me on the right, my uncle in front of me and Leo next to him, some other guy is sitting next to me but I don't know who it is. It's been nearly 6 years since I left and before that I was only in Italy half the time so I can barely remember many people (also that I tried very hard to forget them). I can see Santino, Alessandro and Lucas all sitting down the other end of the table and I wish I was sitting with them.

"Most of them live here" he shrugs and begins to eat his food thats in front of him, everyone else starts now to. Were having pasta with a creamy sauce and its actually pretty good. I'm not surprised to hear that given how many people always seem to be here and how big the house is.

"How many bedrooms are there?" I ask my Dad

"34" I nod, 

Dinner goes by without anything bad happening until Leo asks me how my day was, I said it was boring until I went shopping. This must have made my Dad remember the conversation we had over the phone because then he brang it up.

"Amelia what about calling me only for emergencies don't you understand!" 

"We already talked about this" I say and roll my eyes

"Don't role your eyes at me and no we haven't. I was in a very important meeting and-" 

"You've said that already" I say dulley 

"Amelia what have I told you about distrepecting me!" he yells at me and so ofcousre everyone else stops talking and looks at us, I can feel my checks going bright red right now

"To not do it" I mumble looking down at my food playing with it'

Everyone starts their conversations again and look away.

"And what have I told you about looking at me when you speak to me!" he yells again but this time everyone carries on with their conversations 

I don't reply, I just keep on playing with my food. 

"Amelia answer me!" 

He hates it when I disrecpect him in front of his men, which is why I carry on ignoring him.

"Amelia look at me!"

I keep my head down, I can feel my uncle and Leo's eyes on me warning me to be scared but its not like he's gonna do anything. He would never physically hurt me, he's not that much of a psychopath. 

"Go to your room!" he yells at me pointing to the door,

"Gladly" I say and walk out the room

I hear something smash as I leave the room, I'm guessing my Dad threw a plate at a wall or something. I decide to do the same as I have a lot of aggression right now and throwing stuff always makes me feel better. As I walk through the kitchen I see a box of beer and throw it at the wall. I was right, even hearing it smash calms me down. I never threw stuff like I have been lately its just now i know that we can just afford another whatever I smash so it doesn't even matter. I walk out and up all the stairs to my room. As soon as my body hits my bed I'm asleep, I must have been much more tired than I thought.