Chapter 20

"So, what are we gonna do?" Ivar asks for the hundredth time. We always have this problem, everything there is to do in this town, we've done it about a thousand times and it takes at least an hours drive to get anywhere good. 

"Well, there's the beach?" Drew says eating a carrot stick, swinging her legs off the kitchen counter. 

"It looks like it's gonna pour down" Blake says looking out the kitchen window

"We'll bring coats then" Ivar says smiling, "come on guys, we've got to do sooommmthing" Ivar  whines

"Yeah, I recon we do it" I say jumping down from the kitchen bench where I was sitting next to Drew 

"Yea same" Blake says 

"Ooh, you should bring a picnic basket and have a picnic" Blake and Drews Mum says as she walks into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. 

"Ooh good idea, can we bring some of those mini cakes you made yesterday?" Drew asks excitedly

"Sure" Her Mum replies. 

Malcom and Ivar both go home to change because they were still in the clothes they were wearing yesterday while Drew, Blake and I make the picnic basket. 

"Are we gonna go swimming?" Ivar asks on the phone to Blake

"Not sure yet, it will be freezing but we should" He replies while Drew looks horrified, she hates being cold. 

"Ok cool, see ya soon" Ivar says then hangs up 

It's a little while later now and we are all standing just inside the house waiting for a taxi to come. The beach is a 20 minuet walk away but nobody could be bothered walking and because I still have a heap of money from my Dad we're going to get a taxi. 

The taxi ride was pretty un eventful, well apart from Ivar and Malcom getting into a heated discussion about carrot sticks vs celery sticks. 

"It looks really cold" Drew says next to me. Were all sitting in the long grass in front of the beach thinking the same thing as Drew but we don't want to admit it. 

"Nah" Malcom says looking out at the crashing waves and grey skies, "it looks tropical, come on"  he says and walks down to the water in his swimming togs with Drew running after him. 

Malcom puts his arm around Drew then whispers something in her ear, if Ivar or Blake did that it wouldn't be weird but for Malcom it is. He doesn't, well at least I thought he didn't like physical affection. 

"Am I missing something?" I ask Blake and Ivar while I'm still looking at Drew who is now getting a piggy back ride from Malcom. 

"Ugh" Blake says and looks away from Drew and Malcom

"They got real close when we were in hospital, Blake hates it" Ivar says chuckling and looking at Blake. 

"Its just weird" Blake grumbles 

"Yeah I agree" I say, it feels like iv'e missed out on so much. 

Okay come on, I wanna go swimming too" Ivar says and stands up, "and I am not gonna be the third wheel so you two better come with me" He says so me and Blake stand up too and walk to the water. 

"Holy f*ck thats f*cking cold" Ivar shouts as he runs into the water then runs out even quicker

"Haha what did you expect?" Blakes laughs as me and him are standing just were the water can't reach

"This was your idea Ivar!" Drew shouts as Malcom throws her into the air and she goes underwater screaming and laughing 

"Actually I just agreed to it, you suggested it!" he yells back when Drew re surfaces and tries to push Malcom over.

"Come on guys, its not actually that bad once your in" Ivar says through chattering teeth to me and Blake 

"Last one under sleeps on the bean bag tonight?" Blake turns and says to me 

"Your on" I say and run into the water while I push Blake so he stumbles 

"Hey not fair!" he shouts after me but I only hear a muffled voice because I'm already under the water. Guess Blake has to sleep on the bean bag tonight. 

For a second I hear that muffled silence that can only happen when you're under water until i jump up from the cold. 

"Holly sh*t that's cold" I scream as I rub the water out of my eyes. "Haha Blake sleeping on the bean bag!" I scream and run out of the way of Blake who was running to tackle me. 

"Only cause you cheated!" He yells back but we all end up laughing. 

The day passes by pretty quickly and before I know it were already back at Blakes and Drews house and are going to sleep. 

Blake didn't end up having to sleep on the bean bag because Drew and Malcom shared sleeping on the armchair, which Blake didn't exactly approve of but he didn't say anything about it. While me and Ivar shared the bigger couch and Blake slept on the smaller couch.