Mutilated, dejected and out of options Lucius Cromwell is approached by a demon claiming to be his salvation, that is, if he agrees to make a deal with it. At first it seemed too good to be true. A simple trade of his soul in exchange for power, but the deal meant so much more than that.
Constantly tormented by his inner voice and manipulated to do the demon's bidding, Lucius finds his life thrown into a pandemonium of murder, loss and coping with his slowly fading sanity all while realizing the insignificance of a lifetime of power compared to an eternity of suffering.
This is the first installment of the "The Meaning Of Eternity" series.
- Author's note
- Chapter 1: Family Values
- Chapter 2: Marilyn Ainsworth
- Chapter 3: Long live the knife
- Chapter 4: Devil's luck
- Chapter 5: Instead of drowning
- Chapter 6: The lord of this world
- Chapter 7: A final sound
- Chapter 8: The blessed knife
- Chapter 9: In which cats are trustable allies
- Chapter 10: The time Lucius ruined a window
- Chapter 11: Mansions and new acquaintances
- Chapter 12: Where Anthony is a bad small talker
- Chapter 13: In which a certain adolescent tries new things
- Chapter 14: What about the berries?
- Chapter 15: Where pure things come to die
- Chapter 16: Off to East Village
- Chapter 17: Familiars
- Chapter 18: Where brotherly love takes a nostalgic turn
- Chapter 19: A last favor
- Chapter 20: Friendly Fire
- Chapter 21: The Execution Line
- Chapter 22: The Farewell Note