The Hunter Life of Saiki K

By little_puzzling

*Slow Update* This idea has been in my head for a while and I decided to write it down before I lose it. A Sa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
A/N
Christmas Special
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
A/N
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
AU Thought
Poll
Chapter 42
Valentine Special
Chapter 43
Hiatus
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
N/A

Chapter 29

6.4K 297 60
By little_puzzling

Heavens Arena. The 251-story, 991-meter building in a mecca for fighters. When combatants win a fight, they may advance by one class, and receive a corresponding reward. After reaching the 100th floor, you are assigned a private room. After reaching the 200th floor, you receive the right to challenge the strongest fighters, the Floor Masters, in an intense battle of survival. This is the best stage a warrior could ask for.

_With Saiki_

It had been an extremely long day for the now exhausted pink headed teen. He had been called several times in a day to fight another challenger and he had no time to rest, well, if you count drinking water as break time. Nonetheless, Saiki was completely drained. Once the teen made sure he could finally rest, for at least a day, Saiki made no second thoughts and rushed to find his own private room that the place had promised.

Finally finding his room on, Saiki did no hesitated and flopped on the bed provided and breathed out a sigh of relief. Saiki was not a person to just relax so easily, but the fights he had to go through and laying on a bed afterwards just hit differently. Lifting his head from the pillow his face had slammed on, the teen noticed the familiar night sky. Groaning, Saiki then looked at the clock, 12:30AM, yup, that just proved his point.

Rolling his eyes, the pink teen then had some flashes from the fights he had and thought about Gon and Killua. He was not been able to see the two in a while since had to keep advancing, now he was in the final destination, floor 200th. Pushing the urge to roll his eyes once again, Saiki gave in and let his tiredness get the best of him. Before the darkness consume him, Saiki let out a thought. Hopefully... I'll get to see those two sooner than later.

_Gon & Killua_(yes I had skipped some of the parts from the last chapter/episode)

Currently, while Saiki is in bliss with his sleep, Gon and Killua encountered Zushi and Wing, asking the older one what had happened during the fight between Killua and Zushi.

"Your brother is able to use Nen?"

"I need to know what Nen and Ren even mean! I'll agree to the full learning process rather than a quick explanation!" exclaimed Killua with pride and determination.

"I understand"

Nҽɳ x Nҽɳ

After Killua fought Zushi, the young Shingen-ryu practitioner, Zushi mentioned the four major principles. Gon and Killua are about to learn the secret of those principles from Zushi's master, Wing.

"Do I have your attention? Nen means to burn your own soul. In other words, it tests your strength of will. And the four major principles are part of a training curriculum for strengthening your will" explained Wing as he wrote down the word burn, for Nen.

"Strengthening your will?"

"Training?"

"That's right" back towards the white board on wheels, Wing began to explain another parts of the process.

"Ten means to focus your soul to a single point, to increase awareness of your ego and goals. Zetsu means to express yourself in words. Ren means to temper that will. And Hatsu means to act upon that will" now pointing at each words, Wing made the two read them out loud, the four major principles.

"Killua-kin, Zushi tempered his 'refusal to lose,' during his fight with you. So, allow me to demonstrate. Killua-kun. I think I'm going to kill you now. Are you ready?"

"Yeah, sure. It's not happening"

"Then I'll take this step-by-step. First comes Ten. I focus my soul into a single point" explained Wing as he bended down a bit and crossed his arms in front of him.

"Zetsu. You can express yourself mentally or verbally... I will kill you" in a small moment, the air around them tensed up. The chocking aura that the older was sending out was a large amount that froze Killua and Gon in their spot. However, Gon seemed surprised but not to much, which Wing noted to himself. Killua in the other hand looked frightened, as if he was about to get killed in a literal sense. Wing had his whole focus on the said silver teen, and in a few seconds, Killua leaped away, making Wing stop.

"That was Ren. If I temper my will enough, then I can act. Hatsu. If your will is strong enough, you can make your opponent back down, without moving a muscle. The concept of bluffing derives from this" explained Wing as he and the other two younger ones stared at Killua who hanged on the corner of the wall for support. As if he were a spider who was about to attack anyone who cam at him, luckily though, the said teen just jumped down.

"Ren hardens that which is soft, and you lose the ability to correct an incorrect idea. Therefore, you should avoid using Ren until your soul has fully matured. Right now, you boys and Zushi should be training your souls" continued Wing with the four major principles. Closing his eyes after that, Killua called out to Gon so they can leave, but wing was not done.

"If you wish to learn about Nen, you should focus on mastering Ten. If yo master Ten, you will no longer feel the pressure of an opponent's will" bidding good bye to the duo, Gon rushed out to catch up with Killua.

"Wait up, Killua!" from up above the housing they had just exit, Wing watched them leave before closing his eyes.

"Zushi"

"Yes, sir"

"Let's begin training"

_Gon and Killua_

"He was lying?"

"Yeah. The explanation made perfect sense, and wing is clearly very strong. But his story had holes"

"Huh?"

"Zushi's toughness. He kept getting up after I knocked him down. I was getting irritated, so I used all of my strength during my last attack"

_Flashback_

Killua was agitated, he was getting angry at the smaller opponent before him. Zushi, no matter how many times he kept making his fall, the smaller one would always get up. Gritting his teeth together, Killua seemed to just had enough. Rushing in full speed, Killua had punched Zushi in his guts, making him cough up a bit of blood.

'Crap!' thought Killua in realization.

"He flew out of the ring! Even an amateur can see that he's headed for the hospital!" in those announced words, Killua can't help but winced at them. However, when the dust had cleared at the area Zushi had punched to, said younger one was all scratched up, wincing as he stand up.

"Oh! He stood back up. Zushi must be invincible"

'Impossible'

"However, the referee has awarded a critical hit and knockdown. Killua wins by TKO, with eleven total points"

_End_

"Willpower didn't keep him standing. He's hiding some other secret" with a slight surprised, Gon can't help but make a small frown creep upon his face as well as looking at the huge building they made their way to.

_With Saiki_

Morning came quick for the dislike of Saiki and many other's who were forced to stay up until they were done with their fights. Luckily for the pink teen, his name had not been called at all, meaning no one was in the mood to challenge him, at least, he hopes so. With a small hum, the teen got ready and headed out to where Gon and Killua would be.

After a small while, the pink teen found the fighting arena the two would be in and finally found a available seat amongst the sea of audience. Cheers can be heard all around they all hear the announcement.

"It's time for the day's biggest match! The rookies Killua and Gon have advanced to the 190th floor without dropping a fight. Will they be able to keep moving on? Okay everyone... Get ready to press your gamble switches!"

'Gon verses a weird man who thinks he is snake in one side. Killua verses a man who looks like he is all bark but no bite in the other. Let's see how these ends. Even if its too obvious' mused Saiki as he leaned back in his seat as he gazed upon the two younger teen below.

"Unfortunately, your shove won't work on me. That's because I am as slippery as a snake, with sharp fangs, to bite at your vital points" said the weird man as he did a pose, all Gon did was smile.

"You may sport a vicious chop, but you can't overcome these muscles! That's because... I'm totally ripped!" all Killua did was looked at the man as if he grown two heads before sighing. In a short while, both matches were called to begin.

Holding back the bubbling feeling that wants escape, Saiki was shaking in his seat. Not even for a whole hour, the two cocky opponents were already defeated. Calming down a bit, Saiki focused back at the two teens who stood in the ring with both proudness and pride.

"Critical hit and knockdown... Three points! Knockout! The winner is Gon!"

"Critical hit and knockdown... Three points! Knock out! The winner is Killua!"

"Once again, Gon and Killua have knocked out their opponents with one attack. And both of them have successfully cleared the 190s!" as if in cue, the said duo looked at each other, they had finally reached their goal.

"Both have advanced to the 200s!" clapping softly amongst the loud cheering of the crowd around his, Saiki can't help but to let a smile go upon his face, at least no one he knew saw it, so it would have been fine in his case.

In another part of the Heavens Arena, Zushi and his master both have watched the fight, the young student was in awe of the achievement the two had done to reach the master flooring of the arena.

As the fight was over, Gon and Killua were about to be escorted to an elevator by another worker before Saiki popped up behind them. Jolting in surprise, both Killua and Gon turned to face the one who had sneaked upon behind them. With gleaming eyes, Gon jumped on the teen while Killua smiled.

"Nii-san! You're here?!"

'I may have reached the 200s floor, so I was finally available to see both of your guys fights today' explained Saiki to the two exciting teens. Waving the working female that he can escort them, the three left to the go to the top floor.

"What's the 200th floor like?" asked Gon to Killua who also didn't have an idea of how it looked like.

"Saiki-nii?"

'It's just the same, but it much more bigger, much more grand then the floors I had been in' said Saiki as he remembered the way the floor had looked when he was exiting the floor.

"Sounds wholesome" sweat dropped Killua at the short explanation given of the floor, Saiki just shrugged his shoulders in response.

Once the trio had reached the floor, the two younger one were in awe, well, mostly Gon was in awe. And true to Saiki's explanation, the 200th floor was grand looking.

"Where's the reception? This way?" asked Killua to Saiki before looking at the sign in front to them.

'I would like to follow you two, but it may have seem like my name would be called out through the speaker, but yes, you both go that way, I'll see you two later, stay safe' bided Saiki as he did a small wave to the two before leaving. And true to the pink teens words, Saiki's name was called out. When the older one was far ahead from them, Gon and Killua made their way to the directed reception area.

"We finally made it"

"Yeah"

As the two was about to round the corner, they suddenly stopped and stared ahead of them. Something was holding them back from entering the hallway, something sinister. With their guard up, Killua gestured Gon for him to follow through, and said green teen did. However, when the two took their steps in the dark hallway, the sinister aura felt like it were about to kill them, making them stop once again.

'This isn't working, I can't move forward. I don't want to move forward...' thought Gon before looking at Killua was in the same position as him.

"This is murderous intent, aimed at us" Stated Gon to the wide eye angry silver teen beside him.

"Oi! Who's there? Show yourself!" in obliged, the figure stepped out from the side of the hallway and faced the two boys. Before them, was another worker in the area who just smiled at them with a tired look on her face.

"Killua-sama and Gon-sama, correct? The reception desk is over here, so please register for a 200 match today. You won't be able to register after midnight, so please be careful"

"Was she the source of all that?" whispered Gon, wanting to know.

"I can't tell"

"By the way, there are currently one hundred, seventy-three contestants in the 200s class. And starting from the 200s, all weapons are allowed in matches. So please use whatever you have. Also, you will no longer receive prize money in the 200s class. You will fight only for glory, so please understand that if you're going to participate" before the woman could finish her explanation any further, a small glint was seen and sensed behind her. In a flick, a hard was thrown on the ground, just before the two younger boys.

Looking back at the source of card, the lady turned frightened, moving away from the familiar back of a jester the two boy's had known well enough. With the intense mood, Gon was in shock to see who was in front of them. Turning to face them, familiar pair of golden eyes peered at them.

"H-Hisoka... why are you here?"

"It's hardly that strange. I love to fight, and this is a temple to fighting. And why are you here? Just kidding... This was no coincidence. I've been waiting for you. Remember how you ordered airship tickets over the cybernet? With a little effort, it's possible to determine where and when someone will arrive. Well, I knew you would come here eventually. And so, as a veteran, I have a warning for you. It's still too early for you boys to step on this floor" raising an arm towards the boys, Hisoka opened his palm and a sudden gust of air was blown straight at the boy's who lost their balance, the reception female just stared in awe.

'Yare, yare. I left for just a minute and this happens' with just the familiar tone and voice of an older pink teen, Gon and Killua looked at Saiki with relief.

"~Ah, it's little candy~ So you were here on this floor~" mused Hisoka at the sight of Saiki.

Scrunching up his nose in distaste of the clown's choice of names towards him, Saiki looked back at Gon and Killua who was already focused back on Hisoka.

'Hisoka, how are these two not ready? '

"Simple, Kitten. They are not ripe enough, they do not bare the mineral needed to enter this floor" explained Hisoka in his own way, playing with a card as he does so.

Frowning a bit at the clowns words, Gon and Killua made an attempt to step closer, but once again, they were shut down by Hisoka, but, by the same intense, sinister aura they had felt. Saiki just glared at the clown and stayed the way he was, still and not reacting at all. Before the teen could stop the two from being so reckless and get them into anymore danger, some else did it for him.

"Don't be reckless!" with wide eyes, Gon and Killua both turned to face the person as well as Hisoka, who had stopped his killer intent.

"Wing-san!" the two boy's called out. Confused, Saiki turned to look as well and was greeted to see a normal looking person. 

'Ah, I know that look.... Saiki-nii, he's not a normal being!' thought Gon, knowing full well that the pink headed teen had heard him.

"You have no defense against his Nen"

"Nen?" what's that?

"Right now, you are like someone standing naked in a blizzard, wondering why it is cold. If you continue to strain your body, you may die" stated Wing towards the younger two. Saiki can't help but to be impressed by the male, however, it may have seemed a clown thinks he has another rival.

"This is Nen?! H can stop us from moving forward through willpower? Don't lie!" questioned Killua as he pointed his thumb at Hisoka.

"Yes, I was lying. Though, technically, I wasn't lying completely. I will teach you the truth about Nen. So retreat for now"

"Hey, reception lady" they have a name you know, all you have to do is ask..... that was not like me to say that at all.

"Oh, yes?"

"What happens of we don't register for a fight today?"

"Gon-sama, you would have to start again, from the first floor. However, Killua-sama refused to register once before. So if he fails to register again, his commitment will be questioned, and he will be banned from participating"

"Hey, Wing-san. If we back down now, will we be able to return here by midnight?" questioned Killua to the glasses wearing adult. Saiki too, was questioning him as well. He wanted to know if the man before them could really do such a thing.

"That depends on you"

'Normal, Gon. He is as normal as they come'

_Wing's home (idk)_

"Nii-san, you should have stayed, you didn't have to some with us, what if you miss a battle?" questioned Gon  towards Saiki who had to reassure the younger teen for the fifth time.

'Gon, I have already told you, I don't have any other fight for the time being. Besides, they could always contact me and I want to know what this Nen is all about' said Saiki as he gestured to his head. While the two argue a bit, Zushi stared in awe at the sight of Saiki, but is questioning how they are able to communicate with one another.

"Lets get started, shall we?" gestured Wing towards a vase, where the flowers are all poking out from the sides.

"Simply put, this is Nen. Nen refers to the ability to manipulate your aura, also known as life energy. Every person possesses a small amount of life energy. But in most cases, it's simply discharged. The ability to build up  absorbed of life energy is known as Ten. You can make your body harder, and considerably slow the effect of aging. Then comes Zetsu. As you may guess, this nullifies your aura. It is effective for concealing your presence, and recovering from extreme fatigue. Which brings Ren. A technique to create an especially strong aura" without any warning, the two younger teens felt the aura around Wing shift, Saiki just watched in interest.

"Did you felt that?"

"Yeah, I can feel the pressure"

"But, it doesn't feel dangerous"

"That's because I have no hostile intent" smiled Wing, before his mood dropped a bit. Saiki just smiled at that because the thought of the man made him did so, of course those two aren't normal teenager's.

"Aura is an energy that comes from within humans. Which makes it very effective against other humans. For better or worse. If you attack a helpless person, with ill intent, you can use aura to kill. Only one thing to protect you from those who uses Nen. You must also use Nen. You must use Ten for defense. Block the other's person's aura with you own. Otherwise..." in demonstration, Wing placed a hand on the wall as a person with no defense. Using Ten on the poor wall, said thing now has a huge dent on it, making Gon and Killua stare in shock while Saiki just take the information in.

"Your body will be crushed"

' I was right. He is normal' stated Saiki to Gon, who sweated a bit at the older teens words. Oh no.

--------------------

Hisoka blocks the path leading beyond the 200th floor. Will Gon and Killua be able to learn enough about true Nen to pass Hisoka, and reach the receptionist before the clock strikes midnight? Will there be another another interest?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 1K 21
Goth child of Reaper and Geno gets written out of existence. somehow the one Goth survived a combination of all Goths, only able to survive in the an...
559K 29.7K 100
Because of unknown reasons, the overpowered Kusuo Saiki suddenly appeared in a world that has people with supernatural abilities called quirks. Saiki...
35.3K 956 56
[Book1] My name is Isis Stone, daughter of Octavia Stone and Derrick Stone the Don and Donna of the American Mafia, sister to Iris Stone, Steven Sto...
2.1K 95 9
Y/N's parents was originally born in Encanto. Then they had Y/N as their only child. When Y/N was all grown up as a 5 years old. They learned how to...