Wings of Fire; Beyond The Sea

By MindlessTyper

This book will be rewritten soon! ------------------------ Adventure, that was what Robin loved most. She lov... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 28

586 21 8
By MindlessTyper

Robin felt terror take over her body as she looked into Lychee's pearly white eyes, the eyes that were now controlled by the hive mind. Controlled by the queen of the HiveWing's.

Queen Hornet.

"Finally, I've got you." Hissed Lychee, his tongue flickering like a snakes as he spoke. Though, it didn't sound like his voice, it was an older females voice that was raspy and ragged, one that sent shivers down the young hybrids spine as she started to struggle, flapping her wings hard and kicking out her legs.

Her mind was racing, this was Lychee but it also wasn't at the same time. She didn't want to hurt Lychee but she also needed to get away from him to free herself as the swamp of HiveWing's grew closer, the buzz of their wings sounding more like a roar than a soft hum.

I can't hurt him! Her mind practically screamed as she continued to violently thrash as Lychee held her tighter, his arms seemingly wrapping around her like snakes. But I need to unless I want to get free!

So, with a painful heart, Robin whipped herself around as best she could and with a deep breath, flames bursted out of her jaws. The burning fire grasped onto Lychee's shoulder painfully, making the HiveWing roar out in agony, his grip loosening from around Robin's body, which in turn gave the hybrid dragonet the opportunity she needed to get herself out.

Robin pushed herself away from Lychee with a kick of her hind legs. Her wings shot out to catch herself before she stared to fly as fast as she could, her ears pinned against the sides of her head as the roars of dragons filled her ears.

I need to hide! Her mind was racing along side her heart that was pounding wildly within her chest and loudly within her ears.

"Get her!" She heard HiveWing's roar, the voice of Queen Hornet filling the air.

Robin flapped her wings hard, trying to pick up her speed. SkyWing's were the fastest flyers on Pyrrhia, but she didn't know about here on Pantala. She could hear the HiveWing's gaining on her as her mind raked through each memory she had of what her mother and pop-pop taught her.

"SkyWing's are fast, but one way we can be faster is by copying a falcon." Pop-pop told her as she two were crouched along the edge of a mountain side where they were watching a pair of falcons hunting a flick of small birds.

"How?" Young Robin asked with a tilt of her head.

"Falcons tuck in their wings and dive down, gaining speed as they slam into they prey. Just enough to slam them down, but keeping themselves in the air without crashing."

"So we just do that?"

"Yup, and since you've got wings like me and your mother, you'll have an easier time catching wind to lift yourself up."

Robin felt relief wash over her at the thought of the memory as she cleared her mind to bring herself back to the present. Just like a falcon! Swoop up, tuck in, then dive, she told herself as she looked upwards towards the sky, flapping her wings harder to push herself up, the buzz of the HiveWing's ringing within her ears as they were hot on her tail.

Come on! Come on! She pushed herself harder as she flew up into the sky, the wind rushing past her face harshly, making the hybrid dragonet narrow her golden yellow eyes.

As soon as she broke into a cloud, she tucked in her wings and dove downwards.

"Get them! Don't let the strange one get away!"

The hybrid dragonet saw the sandy plains growing closer and closer with each passing moment. Just a little more!

The seconds ticked by in what felt to be hours, time seemingly slowing down as her wings started to fan out along her sides to catch the wings in order to pull her up into the sky at a high speed. Now! Her wings fully shot out, catching the wind and lifting her up above the ground, the wind whirling past her as she flew quickly without flapping her wings, letting her speed so all the work.

The buzzing of the HiveWing's started to grow faint and Robin felt her hopes start to build up, bubbling within her chest as she kept soaring across the dried plains, the tall dry grass just inches away from tickling Robin's underbelly.

Thought, this feeling of hope soon was crushed as she felt a sudden heavy force slammed into her on her back, forcing her down onto the ground harshly.

A sickening snap filled the air as a sharp pain shot through one of Robin's front legs, making the rest of her body feel cold as her arm felt as though it were on fire. The dragonet hardly got the chance to even let out a scream before she felt something stab her through her scales within her side as the buzz of HiveWing's continued to roar within her ears.

Robin's golden yellow eyes were side in shock. Her whole body hurt, along with her throat that was now scratchy from her screaming of pain and her cries.

Soon, to her relief and her dismay, her body started to grow numb. The pain still flaring and shooting out in bolts of shock throughout her numbing body that had growing limp on the dry grass.

"Bring her back to my hive," Queen Hornet's voice rang out above Robin as her eyes started to droop. "I don't want her to get a-"

The SkyWing-NightWing hybrid dragonet could no longer make out any words that were being spoken around her, the buzz within her ears from the HiveWing's had started to disappear as it all became muffled.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

When Robin awoke, she woke up to sharp pain within her arm, making her hiss out with a snarl, her teeth bared on instinct alone since she was still in a sleepy daze. Where ever she was, it was lit by a soft glow that reminded her of her room while she was under the care of Lychee and the SilkWing's.

The glow came from the strange round hive like lanterns they said was caused by flame silk that burned within them. She didn't know what flame silk looked like since the others wouldn't ever let her touch any or get a close look at it, in case her curiously and interest got the better of her.

From what Lychee told her, some SilkWing's were born with the ability to create flame silk while others made regular silk. Those who had the special ability were taken away to produce the silk, but it was unknown where they went.

Robin brought herself back to the present, pulling herself out of her mind in order to open her eyes. The golden yellow orbs dilating at the knew light, adjusting themselves before she started to look around, her breathing slightly ragged as she felt sore and bruised. Her wrist felt the worst of all. It felt sore and flaming, heat pulsating off of the limb, close to her wrist.

The small room Robin was in was a lot smaller than the one she lived within with the SilkWing's and Lychee. It was small enough to where if she spread her wings out, they probably would be able to brush the strange wooden like walls. The walls within the hives were really strange, they looked to be made of a thin wood with swirls of white stuff that looked to be silk, and there sometimes was other things that looked to be dried plants mushed within it.

Robin could remember that Cavansite told her that the strange walls that built the hive were called tree stuff, a replacement for wood since there were nearly no trees on Pantala aside from the Poison Jungle that was to dangerous for the hives to gather from.

So just by looking at the walls, which looked like tree stuff, but just with more natural wood and plants rather than silk, Robin had a strong guess of where she was. She was definitely within one of the hives, but this one had more natural woods than tree stuff, and there was only one hive she knew of that was built like this, thanks to Lychee, Cavasite, Cinnabar and Caterpillar's history lessons of Pantala.

She had to be within the Wasp Hive, the home of Queen Hornet.

The small room had no decorations, the only things within it aside from herself was the silky blankets she was laid upon, the golden bars within a small window that let in golden sunlight, and then the door that looked to have a moving slot where dragons could look through. There was nothing else within the room, which gave Robin an unsettling feeling, the golden bars not helping in the slightest on what kind of room she guessed she was within.

I don't like this place already, she thought to herself as she tried to stand, wincing as she put pressure on her arm which she quickly retracted back to her chest.

When the SkyWing-NightWing hybrid dragonet looked down at the hurting limb to see that it was wrapped up in a soft silk. She could see two hard sticks wrapped against her wrist on either side, keeping it stable and in place. How bad did she hurt her wrist?

Robin tried to scrape around within her memory to remember what happened. The pit, the HiveWing's, Lychee being controlled by the Hive Mind, Queen Hornet, flying away and then being slammed to the ground and hearing a snap.

A snap!

That must've been my wrist, but....that meant it surely was really bad, her ears drooped down the aides of her head with a whine at the thought. Was it broken? If she was sure that she did hear a snap and it was wrapped like this, then surely it had to have broke.

Robin's never had anything broken before, the worst she's ever had was a sprained wing from when she first tried to fly with her fathers watchful eye. That day she had a little tumble and bent her wing the wrong way. It hurt to move it, but nothing was broken, she just needed to lay off of it and take it easy for a few days. How long did a broken wrist take to heal?

The forced herself to look away from the wrapped appendage. It was best for her not to dwell on it and instead try to find a way back to the others. They had to be okay, she told herself as she started to hobble her way towards the door, moving awkwardly since she could only use three of her legs.

Robin thought soon thought about how she saw her mother use her wings as extra legs when her talons were full, so, Robin copied that. The hybrid dragonet placing the back of her wing thumbs on the floor and putting her weight on them. She lifted up her other forearm and watched as her wings held her up.

Her attention was soon pulled away from her wings to look up at the door as she could hear talon steps in the distance.

Robin's ears pinned back slightly as she backed away from the door and closer to the small nest of silky blankets she was placed within.

Should I go back into the blankets and pretend I'm still asleep? Or should I face them head on? Her mind raced at the possibilities. I wish I had NightWing future visions! This decision would be so much easier!

This was one of the many times she wished she had NightWing powers. She was half NightWing, but on the night of her hatching, she wasn't born with any powers, even though she was born under two of the full moons. Though, she guessed that was because she looked more SkyWing than NightWing. Maybe that had something to do with it, not that she was complaining about looking like her mother and pop-pop.

Focus Robin! She all but hissed to herself. Maybe I could act really intimidating! That could work! Though she started to doubt if that would. Robin was still a dragonet after all, being only five years old, she only reached up to Lychee's shoulder in height. Plus since she looks mostly SkyWing, that also made her look skinner and thin, also making her look small.

Before Robin could come to a decision, the door to the small room she was confined within started to open, making Robin's heart stop as she backed up into the nest of silky blankets, her wings flared out slightly as she tried to look at least a little intimidating.

Though it didn't seem to work in the slightest as she locked eyes with the dragon who now stood in the doorway with four HiveWing soldiers behind her, all wearing sparkling gold armour with long spears that's hooks looked similar to those of an IceWing's serrated talons.

The dragon that stood within the door way had a golden crown that looked to be made of thin wires of gold, shapes like those of honeycombs. Jewels adored her body, blending in with her golden yellow scales with black stripes. Her narrowed black eyes seemed to pierce their way into Robin's soul.

Robin had only one guess as to who this could be, and it nearly made the dragonet's confidence falter.

It was Queen Hornet.

————————————————————
Poor Robin.

This is when I hate having to be realistic within stories. Don't worry, our little birds wrist will hopefully heal soon.

Before I end off this chapter note, I'd just like to warn you that updates may be a little slow for the next little while. I've got a lot of assignments for my English class and I need to focus a bit on those in order to make sure I get my credit.

Plus, maintaining three books all at once is a little difficult, so, I just thought I'd warn you all that updates will be slow, but don't worry, I'll make sure to update something at least once every two weeks like I usually do.

Now onto the credit! Thank you Dragonbite15 for letting me use your sweet boi Lychee!

- MindlessTyper

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251 13 14
Spittlebug moved to Pantala to get a breath of fresh air from her busy hive life. She intended to create a farm and sell whatever she grew to the nei...
Hybrid By R.J.

Fanfiction

273 17 13
WoF Fanfiction - discontinued and really bad Hybrid was, well, a hybrid. She used to have a good life, kept hidden from the public. She didn't know w...
17.3K 746 30
This book is a little outdated and will be getting a rewrite soon! ------------------ Fighting, dragons were always fighting in the Rainforest. Not p...
11.5K 112 14
~~~~I'm glad to report that this book is now finished! Please read and tell me what you think!~~~~ This story is a backstory of the scavenger Clay re...