The Hunter Life of Saiki K

By little_puzzling

*Slow Update* This idea has been in my head for a while and I decided to write it down before I lose it. A Sa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
A/N
Christmas Special
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
A/N
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
AU Thought
Poll
Chapter 42
Valentine Special
Chapter 43
Hiatus
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
N/A

Chapter 28

6.7K 314 281
By little_puzzling

In a blimp above a city, three known teenagers are waiting patiently to be dropped off in their desired destination, well, one wanted nothing but to eat more sweets that the blimp staff could offer. Looking out the window in his seat, Gon was amazed by the view itself. 

"Look, it's huge!"

"Yep. That' s Heavens Arena"

Curious of the how tall the area is, Saiki stopped his habit of munching and faced the same direction the two younger ones were gleaming at. Say the least, Saiki almost choked on the candy he had in his mouth. The arena itself was the the most ironic building structure you would see in any anime. A tall structure that reaches the sky. 

"Two hundred and fifty-one stories. Nine hundred, ninety-one meters tall. The world's fourth tallest building" another slight choke. Fourth?!

"So this is where we'll be training.... well, where Killua and I will train...." smiled Gon when he saw the blanched look from a specific pink headed teen who sat right next to him. Once the traveling blimp had landed in the port, the three stood up with their belongings and waited for the other passengers to head on out.

"I used up all my money on the trip fare. We'll have to make more here. After we disembark, we'll start from zero" informed Killua to Gon alone since the young silver headed teen felt like the oldest amongst them is just fine.

"Okay, got it"

"Good... Let's go"

--Aɾɾιʋαʅ x Aƚ Tԋҽ x Aɾҽɳα--

Gon, and Killua head to Heavens Areana, seeing tot get Stronger. Saiki being their protector along the way. And upon closer expectation of the buildings, Saiki can't help but feel dizzy from just looking up then looking down to make sure the two were still in his line of vision. Sighing a bit, the pink teen tapped the distracted green headed teens forehead and assuring him to fill in the gap of the line.

"There's a really long line. Everyone's going to Heavens Arena?"

"There aren't any conditions here. You just have to defeat your opponent"

"Oh"

"The Higher you go, the more prize money you earn. This is as good as it gets for those looking to make a living with their fists" 

_Inside/Reception Area(idk)_

"Welcome to Heavens Arena. Please fill out this form" in sync of with their writing, Saiki, Gon, and Killua completed the form that was handed to them by the calm woman behind the window.

"Killua Zoldyck-sama, you are #2054. Gon Freecss-sama, you are #2055. Kusuo Saiki-sama, you are #2056. They'll call your number on the first floor of the arena, so make sure you remember it. Then please go ahead" informed the employee as she gestured the way to where the three have to go.

As cliché as it can be for Saiki, the three walked right into a hallway and into the light. When the small blindness had cleared from his magenta eyes, the pink teen was kind of impresses by how many people are in the first floor. The fight's were down below while the cheering crowd were up above. Saiki didn't need to see if Gon was impressed as well, he heard the unsaid exclamation in his head. As they take a seat in one of the few occupied rows, the two younger ones engaged in another conversation that brought entertainment in Saiki's life.

"It's been a while, but the place hasn't changed" smirked Killua as he sat down.

"Huh? You've been here before?" questioned Gon as he sat down next to his silver headed friend, Saiki just sat on a seat right behind them.

"Yeah, when I was six. My dad left me here without a penny. He said I should reach floor 200 before coming home. It took two years" I knew that he was that kind of father but I didn't think he would take it to the extreme, damn, I even made a promise with him as well.

'Two years... Sure, he was only six, but it really took Killua that long?'  questioned Gon to himself as he stared at he silver one beside him, Saiki just watched with interest.

"If you want to fight people of Hisoka's level, you'll need to go higher. Let's hurry"

"People of Hisoka's level.... so like Saiki-nii? Ah, never mind" shook Gon when he saw the questionable face of Killua when he mentioned Saiki's level.

'True that Killua wasn't there to see nii-san's strength, but I bet that he knows that Saiki-nii is strong in every way'  thought Gon as he glanced at the said older teen before looking towards the small fighting stadium below.

"#1973. #2055. Please enter ring E"

"#2055! That's me! I'm getting nervous now" exclaimed Gon as he jumped from his seat in surprised before releasing a small whimper and sliding off his back.

"Gon, you got through the Testing Gate, right?"

"Huh? yes, but even Nii-san did..."

"Hmm, but this is your moment and in that case... " A hidden smile at the scene.

_Ring E_

"Look at that! It's a little boy! Hey, kid! This is your last chance to run! This ain't a game! One punch, and he'll fly out of the ring!" shouted one of the audience at the sight of Gon, teasing the said younger teen a bit, turns out, it was just a man who was sitting in the same row as Killua and Gon. Killua in the other hand just looked at the man before smiling, Saiki too, was smiling in the inside.

"On the first floor, we appraise each participant's level. You are allowed three minutes to demonstrate your prowess. Then... Begin!" shouted the referee after explaining the rules.

"Sorry... I'll end your suffering with one punch" smirked the opponent as he did an attempt punch to Gon's face. However, Gon had an upper advantage, he was just a fast child with quick reflexes, a dodge.

"You got through the Testing Gate, right?"

"Huh? yes, but even Nii-san did..."

"Hmm, but this is your moment and in that case, all you have to do is push hard" A glance at Saiki, a nod of encouragement. Just push....

Hard!

Exactly as he said to himself, Gon had pushed his opponent out of the ring with only one hand. Said once cocky man went flying and created a dent in the barricaded walls for the audience. The once teasing audience in the stand was in shock as well while both Killua and Saiki raised a thumbs up. Cheers than erupted from the other audiences  who kept an eye on Gon's short fight.

'When did I become so strong?'

"#2055, proceed to floor 50" informed the referee once he estimated Gon's strength and giving him a piece of paper. Taking it, Gon smiled and agreed.

Right after his match, Killua was up and the same thing had happened. He just gave a hard push, advancing to the level floor assigned to him. The referee that was assigned to the ring where he was in was about to give Killua his level, but noticed something strange.

"Huh? You've already been to the 200th floor? And this was a strong performance. Very well. You may go to the 180th floor..." calculated the man but was stopped.

"Oh, I'll start from the 50th floor"

"Huh?"

"I want to take it easy" glanced Killua to the clapping Gon, Saiki was amused by this. However, the cute moment that the two displayed was cut off by a set of cheers to another ring fighter. 

Looking at who they were all cheering at, the three saw a kid who looked younger then Killua and Gon, wearing a karate outfit with a red belt. Said kid had just won his fight with a punch wo a man's torso.

"You are permitted to advance to the 50th floor"

"Osu"

Next was Saiki's turn. All in all, Saiki just did what the two had done, but he had to hold back a bit of his strength so that he didn't kill the opponent he faced. Dodging a hard kick that was going straight for his torso, said pink teen gave a push and his opponent went flying, however, unlike Gon's or Killua's collapsing ones, his own went straight into the wall and flipped through the stands. A blank expression was all over his face when Saiki glanced down at his hand before he lift it to his head. His pins weren't there at all.

"A-ah, you may p-proceed to the 180th floor" Geh?! It was just a shove!

------------------------------

"The first 200 floors of Heavens Arena are divided into classes, each comprised of ten floors. So after someone defeats an opponent in the 50s, they advance to the 60s. If they lose, then they'd drop back to the 40s" explained the escort for Killua, Gon, and the other kid with them.

Saiki was not able to go with them even if he had asked if he can go to the 50th floor, the referee just couldn't say yes since they were kind of shaken up even if they had seen multiple things. So in advance, Saiki had no other choice but to accept the floor number given to him and say his good luck and bye's to the younger two.

"Oh, so that's how it works" understood Gon to the information given.

"Plus... I've heard that after you pass the 100th floor, you get your own room!" exclaimed the voice of the unnamed karate kid with them. Looking behind, the two stared in shock of hearing the him speak,

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. Osu! My name is Zushi! What about you guys?"

"Ore wa Killua"

"Ore wa Gon, nice to meet you"

"We've arrived at the 50th floor" announced their escort to the three boy's. Exiting the elevator, the boy's then continued on with their chat.

"I saw your fight earlier. That was really amazing, yo!"

"What are you talking about? You made it up here with one match, too" asked Killua, staring (̶d̶o̶w̶n̶)̶ at Zushi.

"That's right" agreed Gon.

"No... I still have a long way to go. By the way, which martial arts discipline do you practice. I study the Shingen-ryu fighting technique, and also do you know the pink teen that was with you two?" denied Zushi before asking  them a question.

"School? We don't have one, right?" asked Killua to Gon, who responded with a no.

"And the pink teen you just mentioned is Saiki, my guardian and brother figure" answered Gon to the other questioned that Zushi had asked them.

"What? You're that strong with no training? Your brother is also strong, so you must have at least trained with him, right?"

"No" smiled Gon.

"I'm kind of shocked... I still have so far to go!" said Zushi with a slight sweat drop before he returned to his enthusiastic self. After those words, a clapping noise came behind them and the name of Zushi was being called out.

"Zushi. You did well"' turning around, said child stood up straight when facing the figure.

"Master!" before them was a man with black hair, who was wearing a plain white button up shirt and glasses that rested upon his face.

"You adhered to my teachings"

"Osu! I am honored! Master, your shirt is untucked again" in slight shock, said master of Zushi than began to tuck in his shirt.

"Oh, sorry about that... who are they?"

"Oh, these are Killua-san and Gon-san" introduced Zushi for the two slightly confused young teenagers.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Wing" in return of his greeting, both Killua and Gon did the same thing that Zushi had been doing when they had met him.

"Yo!"

"I didn't expect to meet other children. Why are you here?" asked Wing.

"Um... Well, we want to become stronger. But we're also broke, so we're making money simultaneously" replied Killua for the both of them.

"Killua's a veteran here"

"Oh? If you're up here, you must be fairly skilled, but you should pay strict attention to your opponent's body, as well as your own. An example of that could be that pink teens short fight, he didn't seem to pay attention to his body but just the opponent's own, as if he was making sure they won't break, but they did in the end, I think" claimed Wing to the two teens before him.

"Osu!"

"Ah, you mean Saiki-nii. What you say is true, Nii-san always pushes his body to the his limit, if he even has one to begin with" chuckled Gon as he rubbed the back of his head.

"I see" smiled Wing as the green headed teens words.

_With Saiki_

Said pink teenager was not liking the position he found himself in, he was first, to accept the given floor to him by the referee who monitored his fight, second, he had to hand his ticket in a reception window to confirm that he was meant to be there and accept the prize money, and last but not the least, he had managed to stumble upon a certain clown who was in the waiting room in the floor. 

It was far to late for Saiki to go invisible once he had entered the waiting area since he was spotted quite quickly to his unfortune. Also, the clown happened to be leaning close to wall near the door. Alarms were ringing in his head when they had made eye contact, and to Saiki, it was either to flee from there at once and break Gon's pure heart from quitting or stay in the waiting room and be a good older brother for the said teen.

Given no option left, Saiki had no other choice but to enter the room full of other participants who eyed him as if he were made out off candy, and due to his slight bad luck, the inly seat available was near the smirking clown. Oh boy... eh? Since the teen had been staring down once he had seated, he didn't noticed that the same joker had walked in front of him, overshadowing his body.

"~My, my, we meet again, kitten~" came the smooth voice of Hisoka from right in front of him. With wide eyes, Saiki hesitantly looked up and froze a bit in the seat he was in.

'Your too close'  Saiki said as he tried to make the figure in front of him give him more space by pushing a bit, oh how he wished that it had worked.

"~Putting your hand there is quite dangerous. Oh, if you're here then that means that those two fruits are here as well~ My, such a lovely reunion we would have, don't you agree~" smirked Hisoka as he leaned down towards Saiki, placing a card to his lips in the process. 

'You have 5 seconds to move away from me before I destroy you with my very own hands'  warned Saiki as he glared into Hisoka's yellow eyes with his magenta ones.

"~Oh? Then I hope I'll be the one doing the destroying when that happens~" whispered Hisoka, giving Saiki his famous smirk. A chill ran down said teenager's spine when he saw the clown lick his lips. Damn him, does threating him make him excited?! Quickly averting his eyes, Saiki silently prayed that the other two were having a much better time then he was. He also prayed that the other participants would just stop gossiping about them right about now.

------------------------------

"Cut! That's a wrap people, good job today" called out the director of Hunter x Hunter.

Heaving out a sigh of relief, Kusuo slumped himself in the seat he was currently on and fanned himself. After his series had ended in his previous studio, the director of Hunter x Hunter asked him personally if he was interesting a big brother role, which he had agreed sue to the fact that he was A.) bored, and B.) he was offered lot's of sweets after shooting a scene. With a groan, Kusuo then proceeded to get up, but he was suddenly pushed down. 

Irked by the pressure pressing upon him, Kusuo eyes the suspect and glared, earning a chuckle from the said suspect.

"Hisoka, let me go, I need to freshen up for the next scene"

"No can do poppet, I can't have my prince running away~" chuckled Hisoka as he leaned in close to the pink, tired, figure in front of him. Before the actor could do anything else, he was shoved away by another tall figure.

"Thank you Illumi"

"No problem Kusuo, hey, want to eat out with me, I know this great-"

"You idiot! What was that for?!" yelled Hisoka as he returned the shove Illumi had done to him, said pale figure glared at the clown actor.

"Clearly you were molesting poor Kusuo here, I was just simply saving his skin from the likes of you" quirked Illumi as he and Hisoka gave each other threatening stares. However, without the two noticing, Kusuo had slipped passed them and made his way towards the food section where he saw Gon and Killua as well as Zushi enter to.

--------------------

A/N: I know that they could have their own room once they have passed the 100th floor, but I decided that before a tournament could begin, participants have to to get ready in their room before heading down to the waiting area to be called. So there. Hope you guy's enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 756 14
Male Reader x Lookism M/n is a crackwhore - Gun
100K 2.8K 76
A collection of prompts for hybrid themed fanfiction. All originally written and posted on my tumblr page hybridfanfiction. If you write something us...
105K 2.6K 11
❝My darling Nikki, you have always been special.❞ In which Nikki comes to Fork to find her baby daddy but ends up involving herself with wolves and v...
4.5K 150 19
A collection of WonderTrev one-shots, all where Steve lives because we don't need to be any sadder than we already are. Written in 2021.