The Hunter Life of Saiki K

By little_puzzling

*Slow Update* This idea has been in my head for a while and I decided to write it down before I lose it. A Sa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
A/N
Christmas Special
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
A/N
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
AU Thought
Poll
Chapter 42
Valentine Special
Chapter 43
Hiatus
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 27

6.3K 265 38
By little_puzzling

A/N: This chapter is mostly like a letter that had to be rewritten to fit the story. A short chapter today because of the many flashback in this one, so I had to cut it short. Enjoy!

Mito: "abc"// Gon: "abc"// Flashbacks: "abc"

__________________________

Fearsome monsters... Exotic creatures... Vast riches... Hidden treasures... Evil enclaves... Unexplored lands...  The word "unknown" hold magic. And some incredible people are drawn to that magic. They are known... as Hunters!

On a small island just located out in sea, infamous for it's fishermen and small residence, for it's sandy shores and creatures, a letter had been delivered to an aunt's house. Mito had just taken down her laundry when a the said letter had arrived to her, and with a kind smile to the delivery man who was leaving, Mito can't wait to open the white envelope that was held gently in her hands.

 Dear Mito-san and Grandma, how are you doing? I'm doing great, as always, so is Saiki-nii. So, I actually passed the Hunter Exam with nii-san by myside. While I managed to pass the exam, I'm not to happy about it.  That's because of what happened during the Final Phase...

"You really don't get it. If you die, you'll never get another chance. If I kill you here, I need only try again next year. We are not an equal footing!"

"You value your pride more than your own life?! You're really willing to die for your pride?!"

"I'm going to find my dad. My dad is a Hunter. So I'm going to become a Hunter and find him! I believe that I'll find him one day... But I have a feeling that if I give up now, I'll never find him! So I won't surrender"

"If you don't yield, you'll die..." He defies reason.

"I give up. You win"

"That's not fair! We both have to think a way to settle this fight!"

"You fool!"

He had surrendered to me and I got all healed up by Saiki-nii. Though, I had wished that I had been knocked up so that I wouldn't have to witness a sad scene...

"It's been too long, Kil"

"Aniki..."

"You're not cut out to be a Hunter. You were born to be... a killer. What would you accomplish by becoming a Hunter?"

"True. I don't desire to become a Hunter. But... I do have something I want... "

"You don't"

"I do!"

"There's something I really want!"

"Tell me what it is that you want"

"I want to become friends with Gon... I'm sick of killing people. I want to become friends with Gon, and live a normal life..."

"That's impossible. You'll never be able to make friends. Because you have the soul of a killer"

"If you move an inch, I'll assume that the fight has begun. And if our bodies make contact, that will also mean the fight has begun. If you don't fight me, your dear Gon will die"

"I surrender. I lose..." Killua gave in to his despair after that. 

"Apologize to Killua!"

"Apologize? For what?"

"You don't know what you did wrong?... Don't bother apologizing. Just take me to see Killua"

"What will you do then?"

"that should be obvious... I'm going to rescue Killua!" After that, Kurapika, Leorio, Saiki-nii, and I went to Kukuroo Mountain, where Killua lives.

"This gate's official name is the Testing Gate. Anyone who cannot open this gate, is disqualified to enter the Zoldyck estate" Saiki-nii was able to open the gate without any hesitation at all! He was and is still cool!

"Listen to me, Gon-kun. You three are allowed to work together to open the door. With a little training, it should be possible" Zebro said only three because Saiki-nii had already done the test and passed, but if we made him train with us caused it seemed a bit unfair for Leorio.

"Let's do this Kurapika!"

"Right, let's push"

"One"

"Two"

"Three!...ah! Ow..."It opened.

"Yes!"

"We did it, Gon!"

"Leave. You're trespassing on private property. I cannot allow you to pass without permission... If you take one step beyond this line, I'll remove you by force" Time after time, every time I get hit, nii-san would always heal my wounds, and he knows it drains his energy if he kept healing for a long period of time. I even told him in my mind to stop, that I could handle it, but he just said that he was fine and that it was no big deal at all.

"What's the problem? I'm just here to see my friend. I'm just here to see Killua! Why do I have to do this?!"

"You're different from Mike. You may try to hide your feelings, but you have a heart. When I mentioned Killua, your eyes softened for a moment"

"Please... Help Killua-sama-"

"You must be Gon. I heard about you from Illumi. Killua knows that you're here" Nii-san disappeared after that, but I think someone was calling out for him, but I still questioned about it because we didn't find him until later on.

"Why can't Killua come see us?"

"Because he's in solitary confinement"

"Kil returned because he regretted his actions. And he voluntarily entered solitary confinement"  After that, we just headed to the butler's office, which Canary was leading us to.

"Well? Which hand?"

"I have known Killua-sama his entire life. I dare say that I care for him as though he were my own. In all honesty, I must despise you for trying to take him away"

"If one of you answers incorrectly, that person is out of the games. Should you all be disqualified, I shall tell Killua-sama that you left. And that he will never see you again"

"Who now holds the coin?"

"The person right behind me"

"Gotoh, is Gon here yet?"

"Killua!"

"It's been a while, I can't believe you came. What happened?"

"And just like that, we managed to rescue Killua and found nii-san in the town entrance eating sweets, giving us a face that read that he had waited to long for us, which I bet that he wasn't there for so long. However, there is one more piece of business I must take care of, Mito-san"

_Hunter Vocabulary: Alphabet_

The business I still need to take care of is left over from the exam's Fourth Phase.

"I will need you to draw lots"

"For what?"

"To determine who will hunt and who will be hunted. Listen carefully! Your target's ID tag is worth three points. Your own ID is also worth three points. All other ID tags are worth one point. You need six points to advance to the Final Phase. So while on Zevil Island, you must gather enough ID tags to total six points. That is the condition for clearing the Hunter Exam's Fourth Phase"

"What number did you draw?"

"#44 is... seriously?"

While on Zevil Island I had spent most of the day's training on to capturing Hisoka's ID, nii-san was a great help as well. Without him, I might had starve while training. When it was finally time for us to get our targets, we part ways for that phase, it felt so strange on not having Saiki-nii on my side. The time had came for me to get his badge when I saw him walking aimlessly, ready to attack anyone.

'This is my chance to get it. My last chance!...... Now!' 

Once I had it, I was being chased and again, nii-san had to save me from a problem I created. The thing is, right after that Fourth Phase, Hisoka and I had an agreement because it just felt not right having his badge in my hands just like that. Saiki-nii was mad that I didn't tell him that sooner. It's the first time I've ever felt that frustrated. But, I need to find a way to return the favor. I can't return to Whale Island until that's done. 

"That's why I'll be going to heavens arena with Killua and Saiki-nii, to train as a Hunter, though I don't think nii-san needs any training. Please take care until we get back. Gon Freeces and Kusuo Saiki"

"I didn't expect them home anytime soon. He really is your son... " a soft chuckle. Looking over to another picture hanged on the wall, Mito thought to herself with a small but sad smile. Are you watching over him, Ging?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 110K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
308K 17.7K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
478K 30.2K 94
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
647K 32.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...