Queen Of The Crows // Haikyuu

By YukikoOtonashii

Jumping from home to home isn't easy, specially for Haneul Kazama. Shy, small and sensitive, she moves for th... More

#1: Meeting The Team
#2: Part of The Team
#3: Surviving The Rumours
#4: Training Camp
#5: The Practice Match
#6: Bullying
#7: Interhigh Preliminaries (Part 1)
#8: Interhigh Preliminaries (Part 2)
#9: Interhigh Preliminaries (Part 3)
#10: Interhigh Preliminaries (Part 4)
#11: Used To Be Mine
#12: Grades and Finals
#13: Let's Go To Tokyo!
#14: Greed
#15: Unspoken Thing
#16: The New Family
#17: Gears
#18: Akiteru
#19: Let the Games Begin!
#20: Simple and Pure Strength
γ€ŠAnnouncement》
#21: Still Growing
#22: The Queen of The Crows
#23: Wiping Out
γ€ŠThe More You Know #1》
#25: The Threat of The "Left"
#26: Self Evaluation
#27: Performing Camp
#28: Girl Crush

#24: The Lucky Charm

186 4 4
By YukikoOtonashii

Haneul remembered what happened with the Wakunan match, where Tadashi went to apologize to Keishin after running away from his serve. The green haired boy was now looking at the bench intently, eager to be let in.

"Call him in," Keishin said to Haneul, and she waved at Tadashi, who came running up to them. She pated the seat next to her and Keishin, where he sat while the coach briefly spoke to him. After the next rally was over, Takeda called to switch him with Hinata, who was up to serve. "You can do this, Tadashi-kun!" Haneul cheered for him before he left the bench area. He grinned at her and switched in, and later laughed at the cheer the ones benched made up. 

Before he served, he glanced over at Haneul, and she gave him a nod. Taking a deep breath, the pinch server passed the ball over the net and landed a point with a mock out. The brunette cheered along with the others over the point, and smiled at him when he glanced back at her again before serving. 

The third time, his serve was received with an over head pass, and sent to their side of the court. Tadashi received the ball with his body, and was covered by Kageyama. Kei landed a small feint over the block and earned them one more point, as well as keeping Tadashi in the serving spot. 

Seijo called a time out, and after handing them their things, Haneul jumped over and hugged both him and Kei. "Boys! You guys are doing great!" she exclaimed to everyone. The whistle blew, marking the time over for the time out. Tadashi went up to serve again, making it a net ball that was unreceived, and scoring a point.

Now, both teams were tied. Haneul squirmed in her seat in anticipation. They could take this set! They could win this! Tadashi went up to serve again, aiming towards Iwaizumi. It made a one touch, and Kageyama set it to Asahi, but they were blocked. Tanaka called it an out, making them get ahead of Seijo by one point. 

The next serve, the green haired boy aimed in between the libero and #16, but the libero received it with an over head pass. Oikawa set to Iwaizumi, and Tadashi went up to receive it, but the ball bounced from his body to the outside. 

Takeda switched him out again, and he stood in front of them at the bench. "That was magnificent," the sensei commented, followed by Keishin, "Good job!" The pinch server looked kinda angry, making Haneul chuckle. "Now, now, Tadashi-kin, you did great. No need to be frustrated," Tadashi's eyes widened and he slightly smiled at her before leaving to where the others stood. "Thank you!"

The next rally started off great, with Asahi getting another point, making them at match point. However, Aoba Johsai didn't get left behind and scored a point. Karasuno scored a point right after, and Asahi went up to serve with the same glance. The ball was used for another point for Seijo, and bad news came in when Oikawa went up to serve.

Nishinoya jumped in to receive it, but it went outwards either way. Seijo was now in set point, causing everyone to be on edge. "Shake it off, Yuu-senpai!" Haneul yelled at the other libero, with him giving her a thumbs up. Oikawa served again, with the ball being received by Daichi. Tanaka saved the ball, and Asahi spiked, but it was received. Iwaizumi then made a point, causing them to win the set. 

"We're just getting started, so don't loose focus!" Haneul exclaimed, taking the bag with their water bottles. "Right!" The team yelled. She went over to speak to Kei, "Keep an eye on #16. I think he's been butting heads with Tanaka..." The blond nodded and ruffled her hair. "How are you feeling?" He asked, furrowing his brows, which she found cute. "I feel a little better," she smiled, "So don't worry about me." 

Afterwards, Keishin, Takeda and Daichi gave their pep talks. "We're going to surpass Aoba Johsai. We're going to surpass them with this team! We have our lucky charm cheering us on, too!" The captain motioned for Haneul to step in to put her hand in, and so they all yelled together, "Karasuno, fight!"

The final set then started with Asahi serving. Seijo got the first point, and Oikawa went to serve straight up. "Cut them up with this one!" Haneul yelled. The serve went flying straight to Asahi, but he managed to keep it up. Number 16 scored a point, and she noticed he and Tanaka were butting heads. Daichi received Oikawa's serve, sending it to Kageyama, and making Tanaka spike it. 

Kei served up next, and Aoba Johsai got another point with #16. After a while, it was 7-6 with Seijo in the lead. Asahi went up to serve, and scored a direct point. They were now tied, but Seijo scored another point. Neither teams were going to give it up. Oikawa's serve was slightly cut off by the net, making them able to receive it. Kei and Tanaka switched sides, and Haneul smiled, knowing Kei used her bit of observation to successfully rack up a point.

The next rally, Seijo scored an out, making Karasuno get a point. This was their chance to break through, using Tanaka's provocative nature. Aoba Johsai called a time out, and Haneul went out to give their water bottles. After it was over, Kei was up to serve. They got another point thanks to a mess up #16 did. Haneul was surprised when they pulled him out of the court, but it was better for them now.

Karasuno was two points ahead of Aoba Johsai, now 10-12. Soon after, they switched #16 back in. Oikawa set for him immediately, and he landed a point. "With that play, it appears as though their oddball #16 now fits with the rest of the team. That's not good." Haneul looked at Keishin as he spoke, and then to Takeda, "We haven't lost when it comes to strength as a team. We've only just begun." Haneul smiled at them, "We're going to take this one home."

The blond player was up to serve, and Tanaka received it, but it didn't make their point. Once again, after his serve, Asahi hit it and made a point. They switched sides again, at 12-13. They were soon tied 15-15, and Oikawa was up to serve this time again. Daichi managed to receive it, but Kindaichi made a point out of it. Serving once again, Nishinoya saved the ball and Kei pushed it over the net. 

Kei served, and Oikawa set for #16, but it was stopped. Kageyama then set for Hinata, but the toss was too close to the net. However, since no one was there, Hinata slammed it down and made a point. With that, they made a break, gaining the lead from Aoba Johsai. 

After the serve, Oikawa set to Kindaichi and they again scored a point, but Karasuno scored right back. However, Seijo wasn't holding back and scored right back. They called in a pinch server, but Asahi received it. It became a point for Seijo again, with #16 getting the point. It was now 18-19, and the pressure was high. If Aoba Johsai got into the 20s first, it was going to be rough. 

In the next rally, Hinata scored with a feint, making them get tied again. On the next one, it was longer and longer, until Oikawa scored a point and made it to the twenty point mark. "Don't panic! It's still just one point!" Haneul yelled, causing them to cheer themselves on. The brunette smiled as Daichi once again received a serve, and they scored a point. Tadashi then was switched in with Hinata. 

The green haired boy served, but it was saved by Iwaizumi. They passed it over and Karasuno did a synchronized attack, but Iwaizumi once again saved the ball and made a point. They switched Hinata in again, and Haneul told him that the last one couldn't he helped. 

Back in the game, Aoba Johsai made another point, now 22-23. Oikawa did his amazing serve, and this time it went inside. Now Seijo was at match point. Takeda called a time out, but Haneul didn't speak to them. They were all definitely concentrating really hard. Upon this next monster serve, Daichi managed to pick it up, and Asahi spiked it, getting a point. However, Seijo was still at match point, and now Nishinoya was going to the bench to switch with Hinata. 

Haneul called Sugawara upon Keishin's orders, and they switched him in for Kei. Hinata seemed to be really concentrated as Sugawara went up to serve, but the opponent picked it up. Haneul gasped as Hinata jumped in to block with Kageyama to stop #16. It was amazing how rapidly he responded.

It was now a deuce, and Sugawara was up to serve again. They did another synchronized attack, but Kageyama did a dump, resulting in Karasuno taking a point. After another small pep talk, Sugawara went up to serve, and went up with their two setter attack.  Oikawa then went on to serve to Iwaizumi, causing him to fall towards some chairs. Even so, Daichi received it and Tanaka saved the ball. Asahi went to connect the ball, and they managed to get the ball over. Number 16 saved the ball, sending it over, and Kageyama set the ball for Hinata. 

Even if they read the set up, Hinata pushed through. Oikawa was there to save the ball, but it recoiled from his arms and went as an out. This gave Karasuno one final point, and they ended the game. 

Haneul was utterly amazed. They managed to win with the same attack that cost them the last game against Aoba Johsai. She cheered along with Takeda and Keishin, and later looked to the technical bench to see Angelina smile and nod at her. The brunette did feel bad for her friend's team, but it wasn't over, at least for her, since she was still a second year manager. 

"Haneul-chan! Come do our greetings!" Daichi yelled for her, and she ran up with them inside the court. Sugawara hugged her while Asahi ruffled her hair. After the greetings, the team went in for a huddle, but Nishinoya and Hinata jumped in and everyone toppled over. Haneul ended up over Kei, who just put an arm over her and hugged her tight. 

Outside of the arena, Kiyoko, Yachi and Haneul took care of their stuff while Saeko, Takinoue and Shimada spoke to the members. "Ha-chan, do you still have a migraine?" asked Yachi as she set down their equipment bag. The brunette nodded, "Yes, it still hurts a bit. Hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow." "Get some rest on the ride home," Kiyoko smiled. 

Once a few minutes inside the bus, Haneul and the others had fallen asleep. Instead of sitting with Kei, she sat at the front with Keishin, since he wanted to keep an eye on her. When they made it to the school, Keishin told them to get their things and head straight to the gym for a meeting. 

Haneul walked in the middle of Kei and Tadashi, when three of the members from the girl's volleyball club went to congratulate them. Suddenly, the whole school just seemed to stay after hours and congratulated them, making Haneul blush and awe. Later on, they went inside the faculty room to watch the news, where they announced that they'd officially be going against Shiratorizawa Academy. 

A little afterwards, they had a meeting in the gym. Keishin explained that Aoba Johsai never won against Shiratorizawa on all the years Oikawa was in the team. He passed around all the information gathered by Kiyoko, Yachi and Haneul on the opposing team and to read up on it, and later dismissed them. Before leaving, Haneul hugged Kei, who gave her a kiss in the forehead. "Get a lot of sleep to get better," he said, making her blush. She nodded and then left with Keishin. 

GUESS WHO UPDATED IN A DAY?! I'm supposed to be doing a project ahahah. Anyways you can tell I hate writing the matches, however I was an announcer for volleyball games in my senior year of high school and I loved it. 

Leave questions for me or for the characters! I love answering them! 

Pictures of Haneul will be added soon!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.5K 24
TW: mental health, mentions of depression and medication Y/N Y/L/N is a recently transferred 3rd year who has bad mental health problems. When she ge...
187K 4.5K 15
As Hinata Shoyo's little sister, I was there to support him. From when he was in junior high like me up until he joined Karasuno's volleyball team. I...
34.1K 692 27
"I was consumed by darkness, and I thought nothing could save me from my fate. But when you came your smile gave me the reason to keep moving on when...
319K 5.6K 29
You are Hinata's childhood bestfriend. You guys grow up together until you move to America in middle school. Now you are back to Japan, you will atte...